Ragnarok (Mature guild).

Discussion in 'Guilds & Guild Recruitment' started by Candela, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Leonditius New Member

I am still on a hiatus, but I am logging into my account today to reset the timer and decided to check the forums. Good to know you are alive :p
  2. Leonditius New Member

There seems to be a lot of people making bold statements about the future of Landmark with no proof to support said statements.
  3. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

There are already enough eschatological threads in the forum. Rather than Gotterdammerung, let's focus here on Hoddmimis holt and Idavollr.
    Leonditius likes this.
  4. Leonditius New Member

True, but I get what you're saying with the Norse mythology references, Good thing though, I still see new players when I am online, I assume some of them are players with new accounts, but as long as the player base grows, it is a good thing.
  5. Leonditius New Member

Also, I would like to mention an idea. We could have a bit of a "newbie duty" and have a message (pre-made or not) that we can send to new players (If they really are new, good, if not give them some response about being glad they are active in the game). Welcome them to the game, tell them if they have any questions they can ask members in our guild, as well as offer an invite to the guild. New players might not be checking the forums, so it may be better to get to them in-game.
  6. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

The point was to keep the off-topic rants and diatribes out of a thread which is intended to be welcoming, like our guild thread.
    This is the kind of idea, and approach to the community (both forum and in-game) that builds new worlds. No one needs permission, assignment or a pre-written script to do what you suggest.
  7. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

My Xmas Island build is taking a lot more ice than expected. I'm digging it. If any of the guildies have more than they know what to do with ...

Hopefully this surprise will be ready to unwrap before too much longer. :)
  8. Leonditius New Member

I will see if I have some for you.
  9. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

Thanks for a good start Leonditius, & for offering to gather more :)
  10. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

After painting the majority of places it's needed, looks like there is enough ice for the project. Thanks again, Leon. Sand would still come in handy (glass for see through ice).
  11. Leonditius New Member

I will check to see if I have sand. I have not had time to gather any additional. Busy troubleshooting some issue with a script in my code
  12. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

Sand is not so urgent. I may have enough. More importantly , code comes first. :)
  13. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

I want to keep building for whatever time is left. I plan to put some of my ideas from other claims into working on Ragnarok Forest. I hope some of the rest of the guild will as well. It will be nice to have some screen recordings and screenshots of a place we built together. If anyone in the guild doesn't have building privileges at the moment, let me know so I can add you.
  14. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

Another player (guild?) has set up a place where everyone can put signatures - LM Goodbye Wall in the gallery.

[IMG]

Because so many of us have built together, provided templates, shared techniques and supportive critiques, it seemed appropriate to put Ragnarok up there.

[IMG]

Hope to see all of you at the end of the world social gatherings if not before.
    Leonditius likes this.
  15. Sabea Trailblazer

Sorry I have been missing so long, things got busy in RL with looking after our mum and after that last big change I was unhappy with the building tools so I guess it was on it's way out then. My mother needs us more and more :(
    I have just read the news, and now I regret ever helping to beta test it. It could of been a totally amazing game but the wrong people got a hold of it, my opinion I know but I believe it. :(

I might log in a few times but not for building, and I can't find it in me to even remove my sites, why should I
  16. CoyoteDancer Trailblazer

Once Upon A Time ...

"Let's go check out the Sunset Wall."
    "Hey look, our guild has a different sign up!"
    "Oh, that other one must have been just a place-holder."

[IMG]

"Let's go closer and check out the details."
    "Wow! There are examples of almost every kind of building we did: things from swap templates, straight voxel work, voxelmancy, clever use of textures to create images, emitters ..."
    "But wait a minute - it looks like there are people standing on it. Are those NPCs or Players?"

[IMG]

"Oh, it's Candela & Coyote! I guess they made the new sign for us."

[IMG]

"It must of taken some work."
    "Probably a few days."
    "But satisfying I bet ... look how relaxed and happy they are, now that they can take a break before getting back to wrapping things up here at the end of the world."

[IMG]

"I saw they had their personal signatures up there also."
    "Candela's looks like all of her beautifully decorated buildings."
    "And Coyote's looks like a beach. Sort reminds me of all the landscape sculpting he did."
    "Maybe I should make a personal sign too."
    "Yeah, me too. Then we can take screenshots and we'll have something personal to remember all our guildies."