Discussion in 'Player Creations & Events (Player Showcase)' started by WhiskyJack, Jul 28, 2016.
New 7/28 features and props are going to keep tinker's busy for a while.
Update to wall destruction project.
Copy and pasted destruction modules in wall. Each module has 8-10 small damage areas linked to a single button. Triggered by catapults and timed by Random Node triggers to each module . Once big enough enough hole is created in wall, Enemy NPC.s storm wall and invade keep. Other trigger events reverse destruction and build wall back up.
This looks very good
The block destruction feature definitely opens up a lot of ideas.
A few things to considers when working with destructing areas
- Once an area has been placed, tweaking it will break it. Don't tweak placed areas unless your prepared to relog and fight to delete it and its ghost.
- Groups of destruction areas can be templated. Make sure the copy selection overlaps all areas
- If a placed template or copy is rotated, all areas will stop working.
- You can overlap Areas but triggering them will randomize between areas overlapping. This is ok for exploding walls but maybe not for other things.
- Heal process does not completely heal (i thought it was at first. complete heal occurs after resetting build) . I like this effect. It leaves things with a more natural look while in play.
- For a more natural look of destruction(using areas). Setup up multiple small odd shape areas at varying depths within material.
All very good advice, WhiskyJack. Thanks for sharing - a lot of the kind of things that are nly obvious to me once someone shows me.
It was only a sort of messing around experiment, but ...
Yesterday where a few of us were working together I turned around to see what they were chatting about and watched a TARDIS going in & out of existence with emitters swirling around it as it disappeared.
Separate names with a comma.