Season 3 changes to shotgun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2high2die420, Mar 4, 2019.

1. 2high2die420 Member

Looking for a dev that might be able to answer if any changes were made to the riot, drop off seems way lower and taking a lot more hits to down someone point blank. I know a lot of the 5s players mentioned a nerf with no mention wondering if it has now hit the duos and solos as welll. Molitovs are definitely different as they keep cars on fire, of course none of this is in patch notes and we don’t have a visual for weapons stats/drop off. A response would be dope devs thanks
  2. Carmen696 Member

Yes, Riot shot gun should not deal over a 100 damage. 90 would be ideal, then you would have 10 left and could choose to switch to hellfire or pump one more time.

The other is the damn overpowered crossbow that is pissing all the skilled players off bcs its so easy to use and easy to obtain.
  3. RuTH0X Member

IMO Point blank shotguns hit should do more than 100 damage.. there is like 12 pellets that hits you... (didnt count them though)...

and IMO crossbow might not take skills to use (which is not totally true), but takes skill to "avoid"...
  4. TheDrizzle22 Member

I have been saying this for months. They nurfed the riot over Xmas. Because you have players unaware that there are close/med/long range weapons , they want to use kh the whole game. Slowing the TTK down now for everyone high and low , its a shame. Players like MechAArm will never be able to progress and will keep their play style the same.
  5. AlhpaBravos Member

Shotty is to OP now. Its a difficult weapon to get right. You still get one shot killed with all amour and health at max. For time being i would just reduce its effective range to maybe half of what it currently is...
  6. 2high2die420 Member

the consistency of the shotgun is the issue lately a point blank shot to the face with a regular helmet deals no damage and only pops the helmet off, yet a one shot to the body with full lammy will destroy armor and leave opponent with 24 health. Those arguing the skill gap of the shotgun I strongly disagree with but this was not the topic discussed just merely whether a change was made or not. Any dev want to chime in?
  7. TheDrizzle22 Member

You guys crying about the shotguns are children . asking for the devs to make the game easier for you is a joke. Why can't we get a victory crates for top 5 placements too? You guys are so upset you get shotgunned but refuse to pick up a riot and get gud. No no, we will just ask the devs to take more of the skill out of the game.
  8. AlhpaBravos Member

Your talking to people in this thread who at the very top of master ranks and leaderboards in this game. So when there is a discussion about a potentially OP weapon, its not something that is taken lightly. Its hard to take your own comments seriously when your clearly have no objectivity on the subject.
  9. RuTH0X Member

Personally, I like the shotguns the way they are... stay away from ppl.. if they get close, well.. shotgun them..
  10. TheDrizzle22 Member

Let me peal back a few layers for you my friend.
    I would like to point out that the rating system is not a "royalty" system like pc. Its more like a "loyalty" system. The kills are team based , so I hardly call that a way to individually weigh someone's skill.

However if this is the method or measure you believe correct, that a "Top tier" players opinion means more then the average. Then listen close to what I am saying. I am "TheDrizzle22" PSN ID. I am a world record holder for most squad kills NA, I am as well top of the masters rating system with least games played. I can also bost most matches won
    Season two NA.

I apologize if my coments came off as sarcastic or without substance. Also that I feel if you played NA server my introduction would be redundant for my reputation precedes myself.

Back to topic.

The meta of this BR from beta similar to most other BR. Clearly you understand there are close/medium/long range weapons, intended to use at the correct occasions. The quick TTK behind the shotguns was a skill gap, an equalizer of sorts. Where the more skilled player has an advantage. Evening out team shot, and giving 1v5 a opportunity to thrive. (You can literally one of the five right next to teammates in this game)

The irony in all of this, (at least in NA) is that the riot had a nurf. Its completely inconsistent. Hits for 105 damage, next shot is 45. I know this from countless riot shotgun battles. Thousands of them. This has made 1v5 riot fights a losing battle. Lessening total kill counts, straying away from what I feel are H1Z1 best qualities. This is after all "King of the kill" although I feel that this development is moving away completely from that. Absent at best.
  11. AlhpaBravos Member

@TheDrizzle22

I dont play teams, only solos so you really get a true sense of what one weapon can do over the other 1v1. How that translate to teams is not something i can truly answer but too many factors there to blame one thing or the other.
    And your mistaken about loyalty system. It might have applied to seaon 1 and 2 but now you have win averages which gives you a better sense of someones skill. Again i speak about solos. That is where true skill is because in teams someone is always being carried so i dont give a lot of respect to leaderboards.
    And last of all i dont really care about your rep or individual opinion. I have dominated on european servers for last 3 months but so what! In the end, if enough people are concerned about a weapon and its balancing then the majority will dictate the direction and not the minority.
    I dont mind the damage to much for riot but its effective range is ridiculous. It time to be looked again just like the crossbow.
  12. TheDrizzle22 Member

@alphabrovos

I will give you that the rating system would give a solo players perspective skill level. However, squads is team kill based. Rating goes up no matter what. You dont lose rating. So there for anyone who plays and dies with 1 kill a game or less will still reach masters. Just slower.

If this were pc h1 I would say 100% the better players are in solos. This is PS4, the players on solos are close to the level of skill as combat training. Not very sporty. Nothing like 5s NA. Indisputable.

I would also like to point out the world record for most kills in 5s. This record must be played solo in 5s. No teammates. Currently held by hydro_outcast. He as well as I know with the riot the way it is he is beyond safe.

Also I would like to point to the new update by Z1BR. They didn't just pour all of this money and devleopment back into the game. They simply restored it back to the platform it was were ppl were getting 30+ kill games. Returning to what the players want. "King of the kill" style gameplay.

You see players that know the Riot is the best close range weapon, yet don't use it because it requires a different skill set, will never progress as a H1Z1 player but rather be stuck , always going to the same meta their used to.
  13. TheDrizzle22 Member

I believe my correlation between the two are spot-on. Not the entire game but what players value about H1Z1 ps4. Very similar to pc. People like H1Z1 for its fast pace, adrenaline Packed gameplay. Something that they even go to advertise on this very page. "More cars, faster gas" slowing the TTK down of the shotguns slows the game down.

Back to 5s vs solos, it is childish for you to believe its less competition or less competitive in 5s. There are teams, coordinating together a total of 5 players to route rather then some red helmets lurking in the restrooms. Though this is the internet and some people playing in a less competitive environment can claim all they want. Yet have no idea simple fundamental ratio and proportions, and how they imply to game odds.
  14. Bigpapi43 New Member

Mecha your arguing with the Drizzler , just stop. The shotguns are fine the way they are.
  15. Bigpapi43 New Member

Drizzle world record holder , bow down let the God speak !
  16. D4G3TD03 New Member

@Mecha how can you throw your opinion out there or suggest anything if you don’t play this game.... probably just some new booty ....xD
  17. RuTH0X Member

Damn I love those debates... especially when I play, more chance for you to be here writing than play, less chance for me to get ownt by you :)
  18. Neverside New Member

@MechAArma The reason why the kill feed is filled with shotguns is because the AR is too weak on ps4. If the AR could 2 tap people would be less inclined to drive in straight line to shotgun rush someone. It has nothing to do with the shotgun being OP. If anything the riot shotgun is inconsistent which causes this debate to come up from time to time. One engagement you get in you get 1 pumped through your armor; another time you have to shoot someone 4 times. You invalidate anyone who brings anything from PC into the equation but the fact is this game wouldn't be here without it originating on PC and there were some things on PC they got right.

If you want the shotgun to be less relevant you may want to push for long range weapons to be buffed and made more consistent. Makes sense that people rush with shotgun. AR from a distance is a joke. It is annoying to see these posts turn into the shotgun is OP. It's a shotgun its suppose to shred up close. Since you clearly have some knowledge of PC you should know what the shotgun being completely broken and worthless is like. Ruins the entire flow of this game. So maybe you could steer the debate into a push for buffs to other weapons.

I would really like to see an AR buff and bring in the two taps. Improve the consistency of the Marauder and rework the AK spray pattern. These things would all allow players to stop rushes which would in turn make people second guess driving in straight line for a shotgun rush.

It's clear that you think very highly of yourself so I don't suspect we are really going to be engaging in any real discussion. Regardless, I have now played this game for 4 years from when it released on PC to playing it on PS4 and I have to say these debates are completely pointless. Daybreak will continue listening to the people who come play their game for a couple weeks in droves instead of their players who play day in and day out. Because instead of taking the time to look at the game long term they look at how to please the majority who want to water everything down to make it easier. This usually results in the game being slowed down.

PS. Solos is considerably easier on PS4. As you said this isn't PC. Solos aren't even fun on here cause there is like 3-4 good players that play it in NA. PS4 is definitely the complete opposite of PC where solo is king and has by far all the best players playing it.
  19. Neverside New Member

One more thing @MechAArma for you to say the shotgun is a no skill weapon goes to show just how delusional you are. If it was a no skill weapon you wouldn't be sitting here pushing for a nerf. Clearly your tired of getting outplayed by it. Maybe attempt to get better with it? Play smarter? Playing my noob 5s I seem to be able to outplay people pretty consistently with it. Maybe I am just lucky all the time... or dare I say just more skilled? I don't know man.

Also in solos it's even easier with all the "Better players". Easier across the board. Easier to AR people, easier to outplay people with just about every gun.
  20. TheDrizzle22 Member

You clearly want to argue, not have a civalized conversation. Mostly because you cant focus on a point of view that has any reasoning behind it. I explained quite clearly, what the similarities are and how the devs are driving this game on PS4 the same direction they mistakenly and inadvertently took PC. They did the damage hopping out of fast cars. But later restored it because it slows the gameplay down. Again taking away from H1 qualitys.

This is an arcade BR, not a simulator, clearly a shooting game. I am positive that you are a new player to H1Z1 PS4. First clue is that you don't have any clue about the riot shadow nurf over Xmas , also you still haven't picked up the riot and mastered it. Surly someone who considers themself a top tier player masters all weapons and tactics.

Instead you decide that your expertise and skill should grant you a seat at the dev table. Pats on the back and all that, your on top of the leader board or rating for SOLO's. Piff.

If anything you should and will know. Here, they don't cater to the top tier players. In fact now that you are a top tier solo player they value your opinion less. See top tier players represent less than 10% of the entire Community. They enjoy catering to the majority. That exact way of thinking Is in fact the cancer that has landed them in this Prepedicament. You see the top 10% want the skill, the other 90% want it made easier to bridge the skill gap. unfortunately, once you do this (make the game more casual) and take the skill out of the game how can you get better? Why grind to get better? It takes the competition out of the game, and just makes it easy rng More or less gambles or crapshoots.