FFA - Making Deaths Count

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by stevey66, Mar 4, 2019.

1. stevey66 Member

Daybreak - FFA is loads of fun thank you - I am sure it is a first stage mode and a work in progress - so how to make it more balanced - deaths need to mean something

Just won a game - 25 kills and 13 deaths - Booba (who is an elite main game player btw and way way better than me) had 21 kills and 3 deaths - he should be beating me by far - a few ways to implement this

1 Have Nett Kills as final score - my score would have been 12 - Booba 18 or
    2 Always respawn with non-purple weapons as punishment or
    3 Five deaths and you are dead and gone from game

The mode needs a mechanic that has players punished for dying ie sometimes it is better to die because you will then respawn with the KH instead of AK - surely any game should not incentivise actually dying and there is no incentive to fight more tactically because its a race to 25

In practice what the no death punishment means - people just run and fight without cover - its who can spot the other first - healing is secondary or disregarded - renders it another combat training mode really - but you do earn XP

Will there be options for this mode in future ? Say - a last man standing mode ? Limited deaths mode ? Anyone have any other ideas for this mode ?

Anyway - just some ideas - great fun and thank you
  2. RuTH0X Member

I think -0.5 per death would be nice.. Everytime you die twice, it removes a point..