New map=split lobbies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2high2die420, Jul 24, 2019.

1. 2high2die420 Member

With the new map will it be random when you join which map you will get or will you be able to choose? Will be just another reason smaller lobbies if we are able to choose which means more empty lobbies I am hoping it is random when you join.
  2. vhdustin Member

good question. it would suck to keep getting the old map too many times in a row. they should probably take it away for awhile at first.
  3. Shad0w New Member

Naw, the devs responded to a tweet of mine saying new season nothing but new map.
  4. 2high2die420 Member

So no old map only the new one? If so I think that is best imo
  5. Menacemastrz Member

Well.. that’s quite a hailmary for daybreak. Just a scenario if this map is released flunks and is unplayable for whatever reason we won’t be able to revert back to the original map.
    Crossed fingers this new map is the shiznit
  6. Punk_Out Member

I hope they keep or bring back the old map. I like that classic map. I like PUBG for having multiple maps to play.

If they do it with both maps I hope they make it random.
  7. AlhpaBravos Member

So, if you hate the new outland map, your STUCK with it. Not a surprise since daybreak can barely manage one map.
  8. evry1sfav Member

They could make it a choice somewhere in the waiting area? run up an hit something, like opening a door.. be 2 different pictures on a wall somehere...
  9. Maggwar Member

Damn confusion its rising lets wait for this update i got lots of weeks without playing cause of that 3ads bullcr4p...
  10. jgolenbo Community Relations

Our intention is for the new map (Outland) to replace Z2 in the core modes (solos, duos, fives) for Season 5, with Z2 remaining in rotation for Arcade Modes and special events. This isn't necessarily hard and fast decided (it'll depend on community reaction), but we do have two big reasons for wanting to do that:

1) Maintain competitive balance over the course of the season (i.e. avoid major meta shifts that will impact ranking)

2) Get meaningful feedback on the new map that you can ONLY get once hundreds of thousands of players drop in; not just any issues (like performance drops, etc) but how it plays, how the meta will shift with the new weapons and vehicles, etc, so we can continue to patch, improve and iterate based on community feedback.

tl;dr we want the community to really sink their teeth into Outland and let us know what they think :)