Since New players are geting stuff to stick around what about all of us vets?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cole_MacGraft, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Cole_MacGraft Member

OK, so it's been confirmed that new players have been getting A GOOD NUMBER OF THINGS to stick around i for one am SALTY AS HELL. I mean this just seems like it wasn't really thought out you go the extra mile to try to get the new players to stay but we who have been here since beta or S1, or S2 don't get anything special??? like how is that fair. I am one of many who downloaded H1 Day 1! of the beta and has been playing many times a week up until now. and bought all the battle passes (only to later notice they were pretty lacking) and a few crates here and there, and I'm sure I'm not the only Vet who feels this is kinda trashy.

After this stunt with the stamp mission and the other things, new players are getting in order to try to keep them playing. I reaaaallllyyy hope you have something planned for the those of who helped you reach that 4.5 million players in the beta. and have been coming back playing even tho the communication was nonexistent, the game is buggy, the loot boxes are predatory, content that should be updated isnt updated (win crates, arcade modes) and having our ideas to improve the game pretty much ignored when all we want is balance and for the game to succeed

P.S im not saying because i bought the passes or loot crates you owe me anything just if you are going to reward new players to try to hold them, dont you think you should do something for the players that have been through far more with this game than the new players and far more supportive?
  2. AlhpaBravos Member

I know i am quite critical in the forums but i do my best to be objective. I want the best for this game but its hard not to be frustrated and often baffled by awful decisions made by daybreak.
    So to hear from an actual moderator that these free ant helmets and stamp missions were incentives for new players and those that havent been around for a while, is yet another poorly thought out idea.
    Again, the implementation of these actual incentives are inconsistent with players getting these stamp missions and battle coins regardless of their play time or level reached.
    I myself have been around since beta and the free items we received in that period were stuff like the blue/white hoodie pack (car,AR) or that nasty battle riffle that looks like jackson polluck threw up on it. So to see those interesting ant helmets given out to players who mostly likely wont even be around in two weeks is a slap in the face to veterans and those who play hours each day and frequent the forums trying to help shape this game for the better.
    To be honest i really feel that any idea that daybreak make in the future should be run the community because left alone, you can expect more bs like this in the future....
  3. TyrellCorp New Member

Agreed on all points.. it's certainly a head scratcher to make skins unattainable to players that have been loyal this entire thing me and from the beginning.. also creating these stamp challenges only for new players and "players that have been on hiatus" was a TERRIBLE decision.. a good idea would have at least been they made separate stamp challenges for loyal players that were maybe a little more difficult to complete.. and given us a reward for sticking around.. I'm not here to bash the devs because I enjoy the game.. there's still a lot to do but I think season three was a great improvement compared to season 2 (which, to me, appeared there were internal daybreak problems going on at the time)

The next step needs to be a new map, new weapons and of course bug fixes (some way over due) to keep me interested in the game for the future
  4. Dgkkush1993 Member

I totally agree with what you said even though I haven’t been here since beta. I have been playing since pre season PC purchased game and plenty of things then moved to ps4 in the start of season 2. That being said I see tons of what this game truly lacks... There are so many features PC has that console doesn’t. I feel h1z1 console was dumbed down and made vanilla. Things that lack in this game that would make console 100x better - custom dots and sizes for aiming, being able to find gas for my vehicle!, able to stack armor and helmets, fire mode on ak and able to loot anywhere on map, being able to take keys out vehicle, being able to use vehicle for storage, being able to choose where you want to land, crafting makeshift and other materials, PROXIMITY CHAT ON SOLO. This is just some of what PC has and what shouldn’t have ever been removed from game to begin with. Just my thoughts tho. New map and functioning leaderboards would be a plus, along with skins for veteran players.
  5. LucaBrasi Member

I have been here since beta, I have purchased every season, and even bought crates on occasion. I defend this game and the negativity I see it gets on Twitter, and I have to admit that even though I preach that you can't really complain about a "free game" I am annoyed that my loyalty, and my decision to actually spend money on this free game has resulted in Daybreak giving incentives to new players while i'm sitting here grinding away. If they actually fixed the game they wouldn't have to "bait" people to play, they would want to play because it's a great game. Or, if you want to give incentives to new players then create a loyalty program. If this is how it's going to be, I won't be spending anymore money with them. It's a slap in the face
  6. RagingRastafari New Member

I have just started to make peace with the fact that i didn’t get these stamp missions now u got me all rattled up again. #saltyaf
  7. LucaBrasi Member

Lol, sorry. But the more I think about it, the more upset I get. It's like ghett just assume since we've been there from the beginning, have stuck with them through new game releases (red dead, cod, etc. ) that they don't have to worry about us anymore. As a business owner, that is the fastest way to lose your core clientele. I haven't expected anything from Daybreak, but to find out there giving other people stuff that I don't have access too because I have been playing is effed up.
  8. RuTH0X Member

PS. EVERY game are using incentive to bring back "old" players, or to keep new players...

and yes, I agree that those who are playing, and never stopped, should also have "something", beside ALL the pleasure / frustration we had, still playing this game...