Remove region lock for PS4.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rowen, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Rowen New Member

I believe it's time to remove region lock on this game, the current lobbies are filled with about 40% of the same players on both NA & EU. This has been going on for months now. I know there has been several people requesting this already. As Season 3 is upon us this is the best time to remove region lock in my opinion.
  2. stevey66 Member

Rowen - I will second that - playing from Australia on EU servers with ping of 300 - I find US ping is around 180 to 200 - so a little improved but I am forced onto EU servers - maybe make it open for non US and Euro players ie the game connects you to the fastest filling lobby
  3. lPolitics Member

Yes remove region lock, I need more competition.
  4. kdot Member

This would definitely boost the player of numbers. I'm down.
  5. jgolenbo Community Relations

We don't have the same level of control over this on PS4 the same way as on PC - the short version is that the regional H1Z1 client is tied to the region where a player signs up their PSN account.

EDIT: Had this slightly wrong - PS4 region is based on what region PSN account you used to download the client. So if you created a PSN account linked to NA, then downloaded H1, you're "region locked" into playing with other players who downloaded H1 from a PSN account linked to NA. If you create a PSN account linked to an EU region, and download the client, you can play with other players from EU, etc.
  6. WorstStaffEver New Member

Or crazily the staff at daytobreak games could quit being cheap and make a server in oceania, you know the area of the world housing over 1 third of the population.... But no they prefer to loose every player in Asia, Australia, new Zealand and so on because of lack of local servers or support.... At least you got a reply from staff regarding this problem as NO ONE else ever did. Even if he was completely wrong with the information he initially gave.

It's bad that a sub standard effort looks good compared to the rest of staff at daytobreakgames

#DayBreakDoYourJob
  7. lPolitics Member

Maybe a heafty donation could solve such a thing hmmmm ? js
  8. Rowen New Member

So explain to me this, how is it that on Playersunkown's battlegrounds on PS4 we are able to play against players from other regions? The players are loaded into the game and the game chooses the best possible server for all the players in that same lobby.
  9. CRoyDubs89 New Member

Definitely noticing a lack of players and lobby's not filling up at certain times. Probably the lowest it's ever been.
  10. iReign689 New Member

I vote now so tired of the lagging *** people now