The crossbow needs to be moved up to purple crates or higher

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlhpaBravos, Mar 1, 2019.

1. AlhpaBravos Member

Imo its to common a weapon considering its emp effect and splash damage. Ive been in multiple battles and final circles where almost everyone has one.
    Or daybreak should consider adding a counter measure to negate the emp effect in the form of a grenade that you throw at the car.Whatever the case, something should be done regarding the crossbow at this point in time.
  2. Cole_MacGraft Member

they need to just make the crossbow have an emp and take off the exploding effect. the crossbow would still be a highly used weapon and people cant spam it at you to kill you
  3. AlhpaBravos Member

I forgot there was another thread on this subject. Oh well, it was time for further discussion on this subject. I dont mind the splash damage, its more to do with the availability of this weapon. Sure it evens the playing field but i feel like skill level of this game is dropping as a result.
  4. Punk_Out Member

If it didn't ignore armour it wouldn't be a problem. It's as simple as that. Nerfing it a bit might work too but ignore that idea.
  5. lPolitics Member

6. stevey66 Member

Yes make it far less available and remove splash damage - or how about damage only on direct hit ?
    Its overuse has changed the game dynamic too much for those that want prolonged middle distance fights
  7. Cole_MacGraft Member

and lower the number bolts u can carry like why tf are u letting ppl carry 9 bolts
  8. AlhpaBravos Member

Yeah considering its power, i would limit ammo to around 3-4 bolts (about same as grenades). Also the reason why people amass so many bolts so quickly is because green crate drops often drop within very close proximity of each other.
  9. Cole_MacGraft Member

I would only let people carry 2 bolts kinda like the rpg. I say this thinking about duos and fives.

In the current state 2 players with max crossbow ammo = 9+9=18 bolts. I have been spammed by 2 players holding crossbows many times. If a player can only carry two bolts this will be far less annoying.

O for sure I find more crossbows in the crates laying around and in green airdrops then the ak or the scout. I say lower the d eagle to green and if they are not going to change the crossbow move it to purple.

I use the crossbow as well but I only use it to disable cars because it's easier then using the emp nade