Proximity Chat

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MRLEGEND69, Feb 4, 2019.

1. MRLEGEND69 Member

Proxim chat with the ability to turn it on or off, alot of prople would agree this is a great idea
  2. Squeaky___P Member

Check out my thread about adding shout outs to the emotes in the general discussion instead of adding proximity chat.
  3. HvideKanin New Member

Prox chat is an awful idea. Solos should have players playing solo, not teaming up via prox chat. It would also create a divide between players who don't want to listen to abusive language and players who accept it and can gain an advantage.
    Fortunately Daybreak will most likely not allow prox chat because too many minors are playing.
  4. Ragnarok Member

Proximity chat on off feature is a great idea
  5. MRLEGEND69 Member

I dont think you have valid points. Daybreak wont add it because minors play?? thats the most ridiculous thing ive heard haha minors shouldnt be playing anyways but whatever. And the other about people teaming up? dude ppl can be in the same party chat and team up and you’d never know. Theres always going to be toxic people thats when you report them. And the 3rd reason i said you can turn it on or off for people who dont want to hear anything. sorry your points arent that strong try again :)
  6. Dockerz1989 New Member

Most salty players send you a message after you kill then anyways
  7. wilfrea1216 New Member

Mr legend you are the one without valid points. even if players enter party chat, theres only a chance they will be put in the same solo game. with prox chat, i can go to any random player i meet in solo and team up. while prox chat works in some games, this is not the one. mainly because of cheating. it may be happening now, but not as often. i dont run into cheating duos in solo games every game, but introducing prox chat will mean i will see them more often.
  8. MRLEGEND69 Member

Mr legend you are the one without valid points. even if players enter party chat, theres only a chance they will be put in the same solo game. with prox chat, i can go to any random player i meet in solo and team up. while prox chat works in some games, this is not the one. mainly because of cheating. it may be happening now, but not as often. i dont run into cheating duos in solo games every game, but introducing prox chat will mean i will see them more often.

ok and your one valid point is about people teaming up? very weak point if you ask me, and you must be on the slow side because i know 2 guys who que up in a solo literally every game, so think before you speak bud
  9. wilfrea1216 New Member

"ok and your one valid point is about people teaming up? very weak point if you ask me, and you must be on the slow side because i know 2 guys who que up in a solo literally every game, so think before you speak bud"

lol i wonder why you know them. stop defending cheaters scrub, h1z1 is not trying to make it easier for cheaters like you with a stupid prox chat, get over it. its not going to happen in this game. how is cheating a weak point? the fact is, prox chat will make it easier to cheat, and the way it is now is just fine. think before i speak? at least i think lol
  10. HvideKanin New Member

#8 You know players who do it every game, yet haven't reported it? Yeah, you just lost any credibility in my view.

Also, in regards to the minors. You might think it's ridiculous, I don't really disagree with you, especially since youngsters can be among the most toxic players themselves. But it's a business decision. If Daybreak feels, as I'm confident numbers will back up, that exposing minors to toxic language is bad for business, they won't add it. Pissing off parents is bad business, especially for a mechanic that isn't overwhelming supported by the community. There's a reason a lot of developers make an effort to keep their PGA Ratings reasonably low.
  11. MRLEGEND69 Member

they dont team up so whats the big deal
  12. MRLEGEND69 Member

Do you think theres is that many underage gamers on h1? i mean pc had proximity chat
  13. MRLEGEND69 Member

no ones cheating its just fun to maybe run into your friend, i dont condone teaming up on solos and never will i report anyone who does team up but being in the same game with ur friend started as coincidental not teaming up or cheating
  14. stevey66 Member

The argument that because Prox Chat may aid in collusion in no way argues for its exclusion - if people have the intent to cheat and would do so if offered the chance in chat - they can also collude by other means with gestures or throwing out med kits or bandages - these same people won't last long as players and they will be reported - yes there will be more cheating because of Prox Chat but that should not remove the facility for adults that want the choice of toggling it on or off - if you are a decent player having 2 losers collude wont really be that threatening - just kill them both or get away from them - the benefit of the chat may well be worth the short term pain of a few more cheaters and the odd game where you get killed because they cheated. There should not be a divide HvideKanin- you can have option of current situation - still hear your teammates but shut off anyone else - but I see your point about the negatives - there are both drawbacks and benefits from Prox Chat
  15. Ragnarok Member

Proximity chat sounds like a great idea totally fun people cheat through the PS game chat. And yeah it might be a little toxic but its not any worse the some of the hate I receive through PS msgs. It would just be funny AF after killing someone or being killed by someone or even while stalking a camper in a house or building.
  16. MRLEGEND69 Member

Youve had the best answer ive seen ever, thank you for the input, wats ur PSN name? wanna play?
  17. stevey66 Member

Mr Legend - yes once Battlepass drops will be doing some duos steve_y66

As an example of above - lets look at possible use of Prox Chat - so you are mid game and low on health with no armor - you see a guy some distance away but coming towards you with vehicle. You say to him "listen mate - right now I am low on health and need armor - please don't come any further. I have the crossbow and will use it if you threaten to rush me - I am looking to heal and disengage here and wish you luck for the circle later on. Further - there are 2 guys just to our right who I will drive to after using crossbow on you - and I will tell them to come down here and finish you off when you are EMP'ed - so would you kindly withdraw and I might see you in final circle - Ill leave a Med Kit here for you when I leave" - is this cheating ? Of course not - you are using the extra resource of Prox Chat at your disposal to in this case - avoid a confrontation so as to survive. Maybe you are on a Top 10 challenge - maybe you know where Armor is and a good weapon and will pick them up shortly and need to not engage at that moment - maybe you see once the other two hear gun fire - the survivor may have less chance - maybe you actually have full health and its a bluff - the guy can either keep attacking or he may say "no worries boss " and move on. Either way - this is an engaging and interesting way to influence an encounter that isn't available at the moment. Now apply this sort of logic to what else can be said - the options are endless - in a fire fight - in a rush situation - needing headshots for a challenge - as adults we simply want more choice - I am big believer in the Girlcott approach of inclusion and engagement rather than the Boycott approach of banning and exclusion - don't like the above - simply toggle Prox Chat off !
  18. kdot Member

This would actually be an great ideal kudos my friend.
  19. MRLEGEND69 Member

thx broski, ayy my nickname is kdot lol
  20. XxSiegeBanditxX New Member

Finally something i can agree with i would love 2 be able 2 say gg buddy.