The Rathe Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest Guide Events' started by Ryleth, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Ryleth Well-Known Member

Greetings The Rathe!

The Guides of The Rathe may use this thread to alert you to upcoming planned Guide Events being hosted on The Rathe. If you want to be in the loop 24 hours a day. 7 days a week, click "Watch Thread" on the right-hand side of the thread, just above the body of the first post. You will receive emails/alerts any time a new post is made to that thread!

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.

All times shown are considered Pacific Time unless otherwise stated.

Interested in joining the Volunteer Guide Program?
    mcbethx likes this.
  2. Acropora Member

Greetings Rathians!

I've heard tales of a large Gelatinous Cube looking to devour young Qeynosians strolling about at night. Tonight, April 24th 2015 at approximately 4pm PST (7pm EST) you might want to check around the Qeynos Sewers for something especially slimy crawling around.

If you're in the Guild Lobby, POK, or Qeynos, keep an eye out for yellow text indicating that something strange is afoot!

Disclaimer: The Guide Program is made of volunteers, and while we will do our best to run events as scheduled, sometimes circumstances prevent us from running an event at the promised time.
  3. Zaldan Guest

Good Day Rathians!
    Do you long to feel the breeze across your face as you fall through the air?
    Do you desire the freedom one can only achieve through the excitement of jumping from great heights?
    Then I have JUST the activity for YOU!!
    Join us tonight sometime around 6:30pm PST and be a part of the exclusive High Divers

Zaldan

Disclaimer: Remember all events are presented by volunteer guides and times may vary due to Real Life interfering with the events of Norrath.
    Acropora likes this.
  4. Zaldan Guest

Do you hear that?
    Are you getting goose bumps?
    It is the screams of Lycan, begging to be released from their torture.
    My good friends on The Rathe, please join me in cleansing the lands of Norrath of this Lycan infestation tonight, May 6th at approximately 6:30pm PST. We will need as much help as we can get.

Thank you
    Zaldan

Disclaimer: Remember all events are presented by volunteer guides and times may vary due to Real Life interfering with the events of Norrath.
    Acropora likes this.
  5. Acropora Member

*Acropora dons his pirate hat and eyepatch*

Ahoy mateys!
    The Chosen Guides of Norrath be hostin' a party o' sorts tonight (Wednesday) around 6:30pm Pacific!
    Keep that eye o' yours peeled fer yellow text and lookout for our calls in General Chat.
    Arr, ya best be ther', or ye be walkin' tha plank tomarro!

XX
    Capt'n Acropora
  6. Yaan Guide EQ Rathe

Hail, fellow Norrathians! Do you love heights? Do you love the feel of cool water on your face? Do you have a great desire to fall to your death? If you answered yes to all of those, then join us on The Rathe tonight at around 6pm PT (9pm ET) and be part of the fun!

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.

All times shown are considered Pacific Time unless otherwise stated.
  7. Acropora Member

Hail, Rathians!

I've had a recent letter from my dear grandmother informing me that her poor doggy has gone missing! Come out to the Steamfont Mountains around 6pm PDT tonight (Wednesday, June 10th) and help get her dear Rover back!

Hope to see you there!
  8. Nightmares New Member

WOW, a guide event in PoK for jewelcrafting just happened... it was supposed to have 30 min max time for it.... it was 5 minutes long ( I finished killing my swarm when I seen the message and I came striaght here, Gate to PoK and ran, no Guide or Event)... how wonderful, no way to get there in time.... Sheesh.
    Is there someone impersonating Guides now?
  9. Zaldan Guest

Good Day Nightmares.
    I am Senior Guide Zaldan. I am sorry you missed out on the event which occurred in PoK. Thankfully the team on Rathe is always providing something new for players to get involved with. Keep your ears to the ground and I assure you there will be another event for you to participate in. Remember, guides are volunteer players just as yourself so times and and schedules are subject to real life interference.
    Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to providing you entertainment in the future.
  10. Nightmares New Member

Hello Senior Guide Zaldan,
    My point wasn't that I missed it, or that I am unaware of Real life. The point I was making it that a guide started an event that was supposed to last by their own words 30 minutes, that lasted for less than 5 minutes; with no explanation as to why it was cut off so short.
    It took me 1 minute to finish off the mobs I had pulled, 1-2 minutes to gate pot and zone, and then 30 seconds to 1 min to run from the soul binder in PoK to the main bank in PoK (where the event was supposed to be located). In that time, the event ( which was a trade skill event to make things) was over and the guide was gone.
    Even a Server wide apology that no one came or that an issue came up and they had to leave, which would have taken all of 30 seconds to type, would have been preferable to just up and disappearing.
    I do appreciate guides' time and effort to assist and help players, trying to make the game more fun, as within the scope of their parameters.
    I am not saying that guides or GM's need to alert the whole server when they log in or log out. I am saying that if they start something and have to leave before it is completed, that they should at least inform players. If anyone was in the middle of doing that event, an event which not only costs time but also money and resources and trade skill materials, that informing the players would be a socially appropriate response.
    In any case, Nice to see an answer here, it does give some acknowledgement that guides still do things and read info here. I hadn't seen a posting for quite some time.

Thank you for your time,
    Nightmares

P. S. Just as an Idea, when doing events such as this, and guides and gms take/ create an npc for the event, maybe instead of doing it free style like old world tasks, you could set it into a quest window task, not showing the prizes. You could still control the npc and talk with people, but if something were to happen, you could leave the npc there on a timer, with automated dialogue giving a reference to how much time was left. That has been done before. This may be out of your scope or abilities, but it's something to at least look at.
  11. Zaldan Guest

Attention Rathians!

July has arrived and with it comes the Festival of Might! Today, July 6th, we will be hosting the opening ceremony at around 5:30pm PST. This will begin a month of fun and exciting events that will allow players to accumulate scores throughout the entire month. The scores can be found here: Festival of Might Scoring. At the end of the month there will be a grand prize for the player with the most points.
    So join us today at around 5:30pm PST and stick around after as we will be hosting the first event of the Festival of Might!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
  12. Zaldan Guest

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!!

It looks like there will be another Festival of Might event tonight (July 25th) around 4:30pm PST. Keep your eyes and ears open and watch for the announcement. This should be fun!

See you all there.
  13. Zaldan Guest

Good day my Rathe Family.

Tonight (July 27th) we will be hosting the closing ceremonies for the Festival of Might, at approximately 5:00pm PST. Watch for the announcement. This is going to be a great time.

See you all there.
  14. Zaldan Guest

I sense something dark and sinister is happening in Kithicor Forest tonight. I would suggest if you are wandering around in that forest you bring friends....LOTS of friends.
    Tonight... October 19th....around 6pm PST.
  15. Nightmares New Member

Curious about something. Guide just did an event where we needed to collect insect parts for a froglok(guktan to be accurate) I was given a spike potions and guktan illusion potion. guy that finished directly after me got a weapon ornamentation ( unfinished Bow staff ornament). Was there a reason I didn't get an ornament?
  16. Baksenpi Guide EQ Rathe

Hi Nightmares

When we do quests, the rewards given are sometimes on a sliding scale depending on how you interacted and performed on the quest (for example, how many items were returned). We don’t always make it clear what the end results are for some of the quests as this allows for variety in the player interactions.

I hope this answers your question.

Guide Baksenpi.
  17. Xuzz Froakcannon New Member

I have noticed of late a number of the Guide events are all based in PoK, tasks to go fetch something and bring it back. Whatever happened to the old Guide Miniboss mobs you had to go and hunt down to keep them from rampaging?
    For example, a Guide in PoK announcing an event as a terrible monster (another guide or GM as a monster) running around and causing mayhem in XYZ zone. Now I know as a rule the Guides/GMs are not supposed to kill a player during an event (and offer a CR res if it does happen), but I still miss those kill events...

Maybe I am just not logging in at the right times.
  18. Zaldan Guest

Good day Xuzz Froakcannon.
    We still host events similar to what you described. I think perhaps maybe you have just missed them. I do hope you are online when another such event happens. Keep watching for announcements.
    As always thank you for your input. We value all players and look forward to providing fun and excitement as often as possible.
  19. Riviere SWAT EQ

Hello The Rathe!
    Watch for a Frostfell event coming this Sunday (12/10) @ 10 am PT. We will be needing the assistance of some brave souls! Hope to see you there! :)
  20. Klenox Guide EQ Antonius

Greetings!

A very strange disease has spread around Commonlands.
    Please help out our friend Shaman today (February 1st, 2018) around 4pm PST.