[Suggestion] A one-stop 'shop' to identify upcoming events

Discussion in 'News and Discussion' started by Seefar, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Seefar Member

Hi folks :)

At the risk of adding further work to all the folks who already do more than they're paid to do...

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to identify upcoming guide events. The only way I know how to do this is by scanning through the appropriate server thread, looking for them; but this process is fraught with difficulty due to the need to have to locate all the relevant snippets, which can be anywhere.

Am I missing something? (always very possibubble) -- is there a neasier way?

If there were, for instance, a sticky one-article-only post in each server thread, listing all currently scheduled future events*, that would make it much simpler to identify 'what's new' -- though I do appreciate that this could easily get out of synch with reality, especially if information is duplicated in the thread itself.

* ... or (since, as I understand it, some guides often have cross-server duties) a single article listing this information for every server.

(My own ideal solution to this dilemma would involve use of the in-game calendar, though I do understand that this, at least currently, isn't feasible for several reasons.)

Anyway, thanks for listening, and, as always, thanks for all you do! :)
  2. Norika Policy Team Member

Hey Seefar... I dunno if you have a "What's New?" button up there, just to the right and down from the HELP button? That's what I use to keep track of what's going on, plus as soon as I see anything, I jot it down on my calendar (not that I ever get anything wrong, though ... *cough cough* ... is only wood elf, ya know).

If you do have that "What's New?" try it. It might help... see you in Norrath!
    Seefar likes this.
  3. Seefar Member

I do see 'What's New?', and I appreciate the thought, but I think you're overestimating my ability to keep more than one thing in my head at the same time without getting confuzzled :)