Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Enertocter Member

[IMG]

Some time ago, a certain gnoll leisurely strolled around in Antonica until he came across a nice lady with a crystal ball. That lady was really nice, since she told people they could become kings, even the gnoll himself. He never thought he could be a king, but the lady claimed the thunderstorm in the crystal ball told her so, so it must be true.

Thanks for the event you hosted a while back! This little gnoll enjoyed it!
    Karamella, Norika and Elyshka like this.
  2. Norika Policy Team Member

This story was created by Guide Norika along with contributions from Peachin, Yadini, Diania, Maryjanemym and Apprentice Guide Liandrah.

Midnight in the Maze!

One night, as the moon was full, Peachin, Yadini, Liandrah and Norika all got the same letter in the mail.

Peachin said, "Oooh, a party invite!!"

The invitation read: "Dear ladies, if you are brave enough, come to the Hedge Hollow Maze at 12 midnight tomorrow night. I promise the experience will be one you will not soon forget."

Peachin exclaimed, "A nights of the dead party!"

Norika agreed, "That sounds marvelous!"

Peachin said, "But I guess we have to make it through the hedge to get to it!"

Yadini pondered, "What should I wear? I mean, it's a party.... but it's also a Maze...."

Yadini looked puzzled while Peachin started humming, “Flowers in your hair”.
    Read More (open)

Peachin said, "We should wear flowers everywhere!"

Norika indicated that mazes sometimes have thorns, to which Peachin scoffed, "The boys will scorn and wear thorns and horns!"

So Yadini compromised a little, choosing a nice warm robe and made sure she had a dagger to cut through the spider webs. Norika decided to wear her NotD getup but made sure she had her weapon. Peachin would look just like a bouquet with all the flowers she was going to wear and Liandrah decided to wear her mask hoping the monsters wouldn’t recognize her.

Showing her sword to Peachin, Norika stated, "I can handle anything, especially since my sword can summon lightning."

The next night at midnight, the four friends met at the entrance of the maze. They paused and looked at each other. Knowing they both didn’t really care for mazes, Norika took Yadini’s hand and said, “Come on, we can do this!”
    Yadini was terrified and refused to go first. She wanted Peachin to leave a petal path so they would be able to find their way back out in a hurry if needed. The friends agreed! Leaving a petal path was a good idea. Norika then gave Liandrah a little push between the shoulder blades and said, “After you!”

Liandrah, being the cowardly dark elf she is, slipped in behind Yadini. So with Peachin in the lead strewing petals along the path, Norika, Yadini and Liandrah headed off into the maze. They encountered skeletons, scarecrows and ravens along the way. Then they discovered shinies! Liandrah reached out to the shinies and discovered these weren’t the normal shinies!

“Ouch, those shinies bite!” she exclaimed, putting the tip of her finger in her mouth and deciding she didn’t want them after all.

Since Liandrah and Norika were not allowed to collect the shinnies, Peachin and Yadini collected all the shinnies after a brief battle to overcome them. They were rewarded with some nice collectibles to turn in later -- if they made it out of the maze. Although Yadini has night blindness, she was able to see the shinies and was very excited to get them.

After gathering up all the shinies they could find, with Yadini holding tightly to Norika’s cape (since she couldn’t see in the dark,) the quartet continued to work their way through the maze. To help light the way, Norika drew her sword and while she wasn’t allowed to harm anyone or anything ever, the sword did provide a light for them be able to see a little bit better.

Then it suddenly dawned on Norika that they really were in a spooky maze and she became very fearful. She almost ran off. Yadini, sensing her fear began to scream. Fortunately for the quartet, Peachin and Liandrah were a little bit better at navigating the maze and weren’t quite so fearful. Hoping to reassure her friends, Liandrah looked around and discovered a map while Norika stood there with her eyes closed, shivering and whispering, “I hate mazes, I hate mazes!” Norika’s fear infected Yadini who held on to tightly to Norika and closed her eyes too!

Liandrah handed the map to Peachin who continued to lead the quartet through the maze while making sure she dropped petals every few feet. Peachin suggested they sing happy songs while traipsing through the maze; maybe it would help lift their spirits. Norika began to smile, hearing the happy songs. Yadini said in a weak voice, “Whee.” Norika encouraged her so, in a stronger voice she said, “WHEE!”

All the singing attracted a woken spirit who said, "You want me to go away," making the friends jump. Peachin began to dance and throw more petals hoping the spirit would go away!

With the quartet feeling light hearted again with all the singing and dancing, they soon reached the center of the maze -- and to their surprise they discovered a marvelous party going on!

Diania, looking stunning in her mummy wraps, waved at them and said, "Welcome, welcome! Come on in and have some food, drink, and dance the night away!"

There were ghosts and goblins dancing while an apple bobbing contest was going on. The quartet looked at all the food, jum jum cookies, pumpkin spiced tea - which had a kick to it - along with cakes and pumpkin pies! Liandrah grabbed a jum jum cookie and wandered off, greeting people at the party who welcomed the new Apprentice Guide to Maj’Dul.

Everyone was having a grand time when suddenly the lights went dim! Everyone hushed and looked at each other, unsure what was going on. Another spirit passed by and said, “Something led you here,” frightening everyone there. Then the lights began to slowly come back up, lighting a small stage with a magician standing on it. A ghoulish banner drifted down with the words “Midnight at the Maze” painted on it; the letters were made of bones.

The magician began to perform a magic show for all the folks at the party. With Yadini acting as his first assistant, he sawed her in half, then proceeded to try to drown her in a tank of water, but he used an old coercer trick to save her. Yadini watched the magician very intently trying to discern how he was doing his tricks but was unable to discover his secrets.

Maryjanemym became the next victim … err assistant to the magician. He had her help him with his famous “turn a dragon into a fair maiden” trick. When finished, Maryjanemym tossed pumpkins bombs at everyone in the audience which made them go nuts scrambling to get the shinies from the pumpkins.

The magician then turned Peachin’s flower petals into little butterflies making her nervous that she wouldn’t be able to lead her friends back out of the maze at the end of the party. However, the magician had other plans for Peachin. He did his “levitating lady” trick and she was levitated so high that while the audience could no longer see her, she was able to see the way out of the maze. Everyone heaved a big sigh of relief when she floated back down to the ground. When she landed, she said, "I can see the way out, no problem!” making everyone feel much better.

For the finale, Diania and Liandrah were selected to help with the magician’s most daring trick of the night. They wound chains around his chest, put padlocks on the chains, and then put him in a chest which was lowered into a fountain completely submerging the magician in water.

Everyone watched, holding their breath in anticipation and nervousness. While they waited with baited breath, Liandrah asked, "Will he get out in time?"

Diania checked the time with her little gnomish device while Peachin grabbed a hammer, exclaiming, “I’ve got a hammer, I’ll break the fountain!”

Suddenly, the chest rattled, the padlocks sprang open, and just as Peachin was about to break the fountain apart, the magician -- a very wet magician at that -- stood up and raised his hands triumphantly to the sky! Everyone clapped and cheered with relief. “Whew, close one," everyone thought, but the magician looked very composed, as if there had never been anything to worry about." The magician bowed and thanked everyone for coming to "Midnight at the Maze." He hoped that they had enjoyed the party.

Getting back out was so easy, as Peachin, while suspended high in the air, had seen the exit.

Maryjanemym exclaimed as they left, "I bet he got that earring from the treasure chest!"

Norika agreed, "I bet he did!!!"

Maryjanemym looked back to wave one last time at the Magician and noticed...his earring glinting in the moonlight. He winked and put a finger on his lips….shhhhhhh!

Maryjanemym said, "I KNEW it!!” Shaking her head, she said, “It’s lucky for him I can control my ‘zerker rage right now. I really, really wanted that earring!" Still she grinned, waved to the magician, and joined the rest of the group leaving the party.

When the partygoers reached the docks of Nektulos Forest, they all hugged and made their way back to their homes. As each one fell into bed, exhausted by the night’s festivities, they thought, “What a fun party! Midnight in the Maze!”

The End :)
    Seefar likes this.
  3. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Be on the look out for someone needing some help. He will be in Antonica at the Lighthouse 10-14-18 at 4:00 PM PST.
    Seems this poor fellow maybe turning into a zombie
  4. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings travelers!

Spookie stories abound this time of year, and it will be no different this time! Stop by Darklight Wood on Wednesday, 10/16/18 around 6pm PT to hear a tale that should bring a little terror to your NotD season.

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be delayed or cancelled without notice.
  5. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

We will be gathering for some spooky tales and treats to be passed out 10-20-18 at 4:00 PM PST in Loping plains.
    Come on out and join the fun
  6. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Late night hunters.. find a man who needs help in the Loping Plains, near the city graveyard tonight 10/18/18 at 1000 PM PT.

Don't forget to ask for your catalog when you see him.
  7. Fat Dumb and Happy New Member

I've enjoyed the guide events very much, tyvm for hosting them. I did not read here first before attending last nights werewolf hunt and did not know to ask for a catalogue. Any chance this could be offered on the 20th? Plz plz plz?
  8. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Seeing you asked so nicely of course :)
    Ok seriously now thank you for the kind remarks, we do appreciate them. The catalogue will be offered, of course it would not hurt to ask us in case we get forgetful :)
  9. StrainAsylum New Member

Thank you very much for your hard work, all of you! Is there any chance that Nebulous Newsies or Guide's Guide will be offered on Maj'Dul soon; I haven't been on this server long and do not have those.
  10. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

I'll pass along the request
  11. Fat Dumb and Happy New Member

Thank you for the shinies and the catalog and the stories....I'm sitting here patiently waiting for the stories 8)
  12. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Tonight at 4:00 PM PST please look for a gnome seeking some help in the Enchanted Lands.Seems this fellow has a crazy idea about growing hair
    StrainAsylum likes this.
  13. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings travelers!

This just in! Short notice, but I heard the cries of someone in need of our protection from the evil that lurks outside the city. Stop by West Freeport, today 10/22/18 around 530pm PT to see how you can lend a hand!

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be delayed or cancelled without notice.
  14. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Do you like Graveyards? Stories? Meet a member of the Loresinger Family in the Loping Plains, in the city graveyard, tonight, 10/25/18 at 1000 PM PT for a tale that will curl your toes.... or fingers...

Don't forget to ask for your creepy catalog while there. I know she will have extra copies.
  15. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Be on the lookout for a crazed barbarian in Antonica, seems he has few tasks for you all to help with. He will be there Monday 10-29-18 at 4:00 PM PST
  16. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

The quest will be ran 10-30-18 4:00pm pst instead of 10-29-18
  17. Shreelanka New Member

Will there be a newsie quest given out anytime soon :)
  18. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Thank you for posting Shreelanka!

We can definitely put this on the request list. :) We did run it earlier this month during the double guild status weekend and will be reaching out to our contact in the ethernere to come around again since there will be another status week coming up soon. :)
  19. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Maj'Dul!

There has been chatter going around that the Stormshield family is looking for some willing participants to take part in a "giant" challenge! Stop by Eastern Wastes around 4pm on Monday, 10/29 to see if you have what it takes to make it with the big boys.

20. Norika Policy Team Member

A young monk will be needing your assistance tomorrow, Saturday the 3rd of November. Stop by the Village of Shin, on the Island of Mara around 4 PM PT :)