Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Like stories? Then come on over to the Lighthouse in Antonica 06-10-18 at 4:00 PM PST, there will be two stories told along with treats and shinnies handed out.
  2. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Posting the two stories I told this evening if you were not able to attend:
    Twinkle Bell and the magic pumpkin
    Now not too long ago and not too far away lived a Fae named Twinkle Bell. Now all fae loved to grow things, flowers, trees, gardens filled with all kinds of vegetables. Now the fae kept their gardens hidden. Orcs if you did not know loved to raid the fae’s gardens and either squish or steal the vegetables.
    It was harvest time and all the fae gathered together to hold a harvest celebration. Twinkle bell was very pleased this year as she had finally planted and grew pumpkins. One was to be a prize winner for sure but how to get it to Kelethin?
    Twinkle worked out a spell that would make the pumpkin follow her like a puppy but unknown to her there was a side effect. Anyone or thing that touched the pumpkin while it was bespelled would become stuck tight until the spell was removed.
    On the day of the celebration, early in the morning Twinkle struck out for her garden, she had her gnome tinkered music maker and her magic ear bugs, not real bugs mind but tiny bug shaped listening devices she could use in her ears.
    Twinkle looked carefully around to make sure there were no Orcs peeking to catch her entering her garden. There is was the most beautiful pumpkin of all time. Twinkle spoke her spell and it did its job very nicely. The pumpkin twitched and started to move. “Lovely” Twinkle cheered “Come on pumpkin lets be off” Twinkle put in her ear bugs and started her music. She danced, hopped and scampered towards Kelethin with the pumpkin dancing right behind her.
    Now unbeknownst to Twinkle there were two Orcs watching and they were in awe of this magic pumpkin. “We needs this magic pumpkin, we can grows them and gets lots of gold” So carefully they crept towards Twinkle and her pumpkin. Reaching out a hand to grab hold the first orc found him stuck tight. No matter how he pulled he could not get away, the second orc tried to help but found him also stuck.
    Twinkle was listening to her music and did not notice the Orcs following her. A ways down the path a skeleton somehow become stuck to the second orc so now there were two Orcs and one skeleton following the dancing pumpkin.
    A necromancer looking for a new servant spotted the skeleton, “Just what I need and so very handy” he grabbed the Skelton’s hand and was stuck. The neco’s apprentice tried to free his master and you guessed it, stuck. So now there are two Orcs one skeleton, a necro and his apprentice stuck.
    Twinkle kept dancing down the path engrossed in her music and never looking behind her to see this very odd parade. By the time she reached Kelethin she had added one troll on vacation, two Halflings and a gnome. Now the fae love a parade so when one saw this odd line up they assumed it was a parade. Twinkle saw fae lining up on the road, “Oh my they must have come to admire my pumpkin” She still did not know of the following she had.
    Twinkle stopped, and so did the pumpkin the two Orcs, the skeleton, the necro and apprentice, the troll, along with the 2 Halflings and the gnome. She looked behind her and started to laugh, Oh my this was the strangest sight she had ever seen. Twinkle spoke the word and the spell was removed. The pumpkin, and all the rest fell to the ground. The orcs removed themselves soon as they could, no magic pumpkin was worth this. The necro and his apprentice picked up the skeleton who by now was a pile of bones. The troll decided no more vacations for him, The only ones who had fun with this were the Halflings and the gnome. “That was grand, can we do it again” they asked.
    Well to finish Twinkle won first prize for her pumpkin and honorable mention for a wonderful parade. The Halflings turned out to be wonderful bakers and make all kinds of treats from the pumpkin. Our gnome friend was an excellent carver, he took the shell of the pumpkin and carved the orcs, necro, apprentice, skeleton, troll the Halflings and himself.
    It just so happened that on the way home Twinkle spotted the two orcs sitting on a log crying, now my friends there is nothing as sad on Norrath as a crying orc. "No magic pumpkins an no pumpkin pie" Now Twinkle felt sorry for them, at least a wee bit so she magiced two pumpkin pie in front of them topped with whip cream.
    "You see that? Pumpkin pies" ask one orc "We gonna eat them??"
    "Yes, yes we is" said the other orc and they lived happily ever after, at least for orcs
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Little Red Riding Gnome and the Pie-rat

Now as you know or may not know Little Red Riding Gnome lives on the edge of the deep dark forest with her three neighbors, Mr Troll, Mr Ogre and Mr Dark Elf. It was a day in spring, Little Red was working on her garden as was Mr Troll. Mr Ogre and Mr Dark Elf were away at this time.
    While taking care of a few weeds she felt something poke her in the back and a voice saying “Avast there, hand over all yer loot”
    She turned around carefully to see a small ratonga holding a sword,he had a menacing look on his face and was dressed as a pirate. “Hand over all yer loot or else” he repeated.
    Little Red had a feeling there was more to this ratonga than meant the eye “Or else what?” she asked.
    “Do not ask silly questions, I be the pie-rat Snaptail and will run ye through” Snaptail scowled.
    “Pie-rat? Do you not mean pirate?” Little Red was puzzled.
    Snaptail shook his head “No I don't I mean Pie-rat. I am a land Pie-rat not a sea pie-rat” he looked at his feet and said in a low voice “ I get sea sick so I is a land pie-rat.” “I am after all yer goodies, like pie, cake and cookies so hand them over”
    Little Red knew better than to laugh at this point, a pirate or even a pie-rat holding a sword on her was not to be laughed at but again there was something about this Snaptail that was did not ring true to her.
    Now Mr Troll had heard the noise and came over to see what the problem was. Now Trolls can move very quietly if need be so when he saw the ratong holding a sword on Little Red he crept up quietly as he could, slowly he reached out and grabed Snaptail by his tail and help him aloft.
    “ Now my ratonga, yoo give me dat sword” he said “It not nice to point swords at folks”
    Snaptail yelled “ Put me down , put me down at once or else”
    “Or else what?” asked Mr Troll. Snaptail started to cry “ You is hurting my tail puts me down”
    Mr Troll sat him on the ground but removed the sword from him and upon examining it Mr Troll discovered it was made of wood and painted to look real.
    “Yoo is a fake pirate or pie-rat I thinks” Mr Troll told him.
    Little Red then understood, Snaptail was a Ratonga child playing pirate or pie-rate if you would and seeing a female ratonga coming up to the cottages she knew this must be mom.
    Snaptail saw her at the same time, “Nows I gonna gets it” he muttered, “I's gonna have to go back to school.”
    “Sammy what are you doing now? “ His mother asked and why are you crying?”
    Snaptail or Sammy explained how Mr Troll had grabbed him by his tail and hurted him.
    Mr Troll said to mom “ He was holding a sword on my friend”
    Mom shook her head, “Sammy you are not a pirate or even a pie-rat and no more sword for you till you are older”
    Sammy yelled “I is so a pie-rat and I is not gonna go back to school. I is gonna be a pie-rat so there” he stamped his foot and turned his back on everyone.
    Now Little Red had heard all she wanted, “To bad Sammy cause pirate and ever pie-rats need to go to school so they can read and write well.”
    Mr Troll knew where Little Red was headed with this so he explained to Sammy why he needed to go to school. “Yoo gonna learn to read and write so yoo can read treasure maps and write in code so other pie-rats cannot fine where yoo hids yoo loots”
    This got Sammy's attention “I do? I mean yes I do” he nodded, wiping away his tears “ I do not want other pie-rats to get my loots” “I gots to go to school?” Sammy sighed, “Ok mama, I go to school and learn but when I know everything I will be a pie-rat”
    Mama nodded “ When you know everything you maybe a pie-rat but that maybe sometime my dear” “Now say you are sorry to these nice folks and we will head home”
    “ I is sorry miz gnome I dids not mean to scare you. Once I get all growed up and knows everything I will come back and get all yer loot, ok?” Sammy asked
    Little Red smiled as she knew she may not see Sammy for sometime. “You may return and I will try to have some loot for you”
    Much later Little Red thanked Mr Troll for his help. Mr Troll smiled “ Yoo just be careful Little Red, after all once he knows everything Sammy will be back fer all yer treats” Mr Troll thought” Dat takes a long time, after all I still not knows everything . Little Red agreed, “ Neither do I but we will not tell Mr Dark Elf or Mr Ogre, Let them think we do” Little Red winked at her friend and offered him some more treats.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Alas this creature will not be able to make an appearance this evening, look for him another day
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Hello Adventurers!

All this talk about oceans and clams and Othmir has brought a friend to us asking for help. Stop by Thundering Steppes TODAY, 6/12/18, around 2pm PT and see if you can lend a han.. err flipper to help.

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be delayed or cancelled without notice.
  6. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

The traveling storyteller Oyeanna Loresinger will be in Antonica on Thursday June 14, 2018 at 400 PM PT. Come see her by the lighthouse and listen to her tales of yesteryear.

She apologizes for missing the last scheduled story, seems she was waylaid by a very angry band of trolls who did not like one of her recent tales. She barely escaped with her life and scrolls.
  7. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Look for some creatures on a field trip in the Enchanted Lands on 06-18-18 at 4:00 PM PST. They will be seeking some folks to show them around.
  8. Nella Member

Hello,

Could we have Guide's Guide run this weekend please? /bats eyelashes

Nella :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

I will pass the request along. But cannot promise for certain
  10. Norika Policy Team Member

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 20th, around 4 PM PT, there will be a Troll in Steamfont requesting some aid. :eek:

Please remember that the guides who run these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program, and as such, the advertised events are subject to hamsters falling asleep at the wheel, explosions from gnomish experiments, and other things that go bump in the night.
  11. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

If you happen to be in the Thundering Steppes today, Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 900 PM you will find a Hua Mein how needs a bit of help.
  12. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Adventurers of Maj'Dul!

There has been some talk of requests for help coming your way!

Thursday, 6/21/18 around 3pm PT : Rumors have been heard of an ingenious tinkerer who is just simply too absent minded. Stop by The Withered Lands and see if you can help a smart but forgetful gnome with a task just for you!

Friday, 6/22/18 around 5pm PT: Someone is risking everything to come to the surface to ask for your help to save their home. Be on the lookout for a gnemlin who seems out of place in Greater Faydark with a request for aid!

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be delayed or cancelled without notice.
    Nella and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Mumstheword Member

Missed the last Newsies, as well. Please do again and please allow enough lead time that we can find out about it. Thanks!
  14. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Hello there!

Thanks for the post :) I will pass the info along, however our spirit contacts cannot guarantee their appearances. They must be cautious to not upset the balance they are trying to protect! :)
  15. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

This evening at 4:00 PM PST there will be someone in Darklight Woods seeking sitters. If you are brave come on out and help him
  16. Norika Policy Team Member

Hi there, everyone,

In Frostfang Sea near the Docks on Monday, July 2, sometime around the hour of 4 PM PT, a member or two of the Loresinger Family will be asking for a wee bit of help. Come by and see what the fun is all about. :)

Please remember that the guides who run these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program, and as such, the advertised events are subject to hamsters falling asleep at the wheels, explosions from gnomish experiments, and other things that go bump in the night.
  17. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Adventurers!

I have heard a rumor that a disciple of the Order of Flame is in need of assistance during this all important fiery festival time. Stop by Lavastorm on Monday, 7/2 around 3pm PT to see how you can lend your aid!

Note : All times shown are in PT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be delayed or cancelled without notice.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Some dragons will be looking for help in telling stories. Look for them at the Lighthouse in Antonica on 07-09-18 at 4:00 PM PST
  19. Mumstheword Member

Still have the fingers crossed for the Newsies and Guide Quests to be placed on an npc for easier access, and watching for them to be announced. Thanks!
  20. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Thanks for your post! We have given the request to our contacts in the Ethernere and Thalumbra. As soon as they are able, they will let us know when they will be about and we will pass that on to all of you.

Regarding the NPC, sadly, that is not something the Guides have control over. If you have any suggestions or feedback, it is best sent via the /feedback option so the right individuals get it :)

Have a great day!