Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

While I cannot promise any certain date or time I will pass this on to my fellow Maj'Dul-ites :)
  2. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings adventurers!

I have heard news of an Ogre who happens to be an elite tailor in need of your help to create a stunning item per special request! If you have time, stop by Commonlands, around 2pm PT on Tuesday 1/16/18 to see how you can make this the ultimate creation!

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be delayed or cancelled without notice.
  3. Norika Policy Team Member

Greetings, adventurers,

I found an invitation tacked to my door this morning and something prompted me to share it with you all.

Thalumbra needs you! Will you answer the call?

Your Recruiter: Bidget Flipvolt

When: Wednesday the 17th at 4 PM PT (7 PM ET/11 PM UTC)

Where: Near the portal to Thalumbra in the tree city of Kelethin, in Greater Faydark

What: To enlist brave adventurers willing to face the terrors in subtunaria

For more information, talk to Bidgit at the recruitment meeting.

Note: This quest is non-repeatable. Just for your information in planning. :)
  4. ladyclov4 New Member

I sure hope I can make it wed. have a dr appointment at 3pm central in Ft. Worth, an hours drive to there and an hour back if traffic is good. tysvm for doing the quest whoot, is it like the Newsies where u can do it on our own time?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Rosyposy Active Member

Yes, you can do it anytime once you've picked the quest up.
  6. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Find a dwarf in need of some assistance in Antonica between the North and South Qyenos gates tonight 1/17/18 at 800 PM PT.
  7. ladyclov4 New Member

Thank U very much for doing the quest so fast i got it on all my toons.
    you all are awesome
  8. Norika Policy Team Member

Sunday at 3 PM PT -- Norika's Campfire Chat! I love the Enchanted Lands, so let's meet there, just off the docks. I am not sure what the day will bring, but I am sure it will bring good things. Come on over and have a seat around the campfire or on the tent, take a break from adventuring and crafting!
  9. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Look for a story telling dragon on 01-22-18 at 4:00 PM PST in Antonica at the Lighthouse. Come on over and add a line or two to the story
  10. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Maj'Dul!

A lovely Ogre has been on vacation, but did a little too much in the shopping department! Stop by The Village of Shin on Monday, 1/22/18 around 230pm PT to see how you can lend a hand!

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be delayed or cancelled without notice.
  11. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

There will be a baby dragon on the dock of New Hals (Frostfang Sea) today around 4:00 PM PST. Come on over and see if you can help him with her needs.

As always subject to change without notice due to real life and other creatures of the night
  12. Norika Policy Team Member

Norika's Campfire Gatherings in February on Maj Dul will be at 1 PM PT each Saturday (3, 10, 17, and 24). Different locations, different fun things to do. Hope to see you there!
  13. Norika Policy Team Member

A young magician, too much holiday cheer... what could go wrong? Well, come talk to a sentient mushroom tomorrow (Monday 1/29/2018) at 4 PM PT (7 PM ET/ 12 Midnight UTC) in Frostfang Sea to find out. Oh, and you will be able to help the sentient mushroom, too. I know he'll be grateful!
    Fyuri and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Fyuri Active Member

today is the 29th. i will assume you got the day wrong. i won't be able to make it because of an appointment but i will post it on the facebook groups. thank you.
  15. Norika Policy Team Member

Agh, yes, I got the date wrong --- the 29th is what I meant. Grrrrrrrrrr. Thank you so much, Fyuri! I also bolded and oranged the correction in the original announcement. /em is very grateful for Fyuri's sharp eyes.
    Fyuri likes this.
  16. Nella Member

Hello,

Really enjoyed hanging with the mushrooms today and helping with their plant shortage. Fun event thanks :)

Was wondering if you guys could run the Darklight wood quest soon too? It's the one where we collect fairy parts for the lamp.

Thanks, Nella <Bunny Ninjas>
    Fyuri likes this.
  17. Rosyposy Active Member

I enjoyed the mushrooms, but my toon was so sad not to earn a Fungoid Souvenir!
    Fyuri likes this.
  18. Fyuri Active Member

np- we got it. wish i could have been there
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Norika Policy Team Member

“Abigail” -- by Gluumi, Zerus, Chai, Shomri, Softtouch, Iasso, Salazazw, Winsomerose, Paedutia (/sigh, please forgive the double "read more" -- it's the second one that works.)

Chapter 1

Picture this, if you will …. A female paladin. Strong, intelligent. Kind, and fierce. Her armor is dented. Her helm has been torn off from the tremendous fight. She is wearily leaning on her glowing sword of might. It has been long since she has been in town. She has been surviving on what she finds in the wilds, and she has been on the watch for many moons for monsters.

One time a vicious monster pack tore her backpack from her shoulders. Another time, she nearly lost her helmet to a ferocious swipe from a treant’s branches. She knows she needs some help from some good crafting type-folks, but she is reluctant to return to town, although she is a strong warrior that makes all fear and cherish her all in one and a kind-hearted one at that.

But what race is this noble warrior? Kerran? Dwarf? Wood Elf? Bearded Dwarf? She is a mixture of races. She is a free paladin Half Elf and lives in Frostfang Sea as an exile from the High Elves and the Humans. She has a small bare home there in Frostfang Sea and lives there as neutrally as she can when she visits there – which is a very rare occurance -- drawing as little attention to herself as she can.
    ”Read More” (open)
    ”Read More” (open)

For her to take sides would be to cause great problems with the High Elves. She may not move easily within the High Elf or Human circles, but does that make her change her ways and bend to evil? Nooooooooo. Being a good Paladin means more to her than her heritage does. Abigail is true to herself and to her beliefs, more than to any one race.

She is a powerful Paladin, but also has the ability to summon powerful creatures to do her bidding as well. The animals love her greatly and aid her in her times of need. Abigail regards them as her friends and allies, more than most of her Human and High Elf counterparts.

As the rarity that she is, she has made the commitment to no one god or goddess, and to all of them. If any need her, she is at their call.

As Abigail looks over the vista towards the far high mountains, a powerful bear ambles up to Abigail. He snuffles at her hand, still gloved. She takes off the glove and pats his noggin affectionately. "Bruin... how goes it today? Did you find much honey?"

Bruin nuzzles against her and takes her hand gently in his mouth. He tugs her away from the vista, and Abigail tosses her sword over her shoulder, following the bear’s gentle but insistent tugging.

A lithe and powerful Kerran steps from the trees at the edge of the meadow. K'Kenar waves his paw happily at the sight of his friend. Abigail smiles and urges her bear to go play with K'Kenar's bear warder. Bruin being male and the bear warder being female, they were very happy to see each other and wandered off into the forest. But to Abigail’s amazement, when Bruin returned some time later, he had learned new skills from the bear warder that Abigail could also learn, that would aid her in battle.

K'Kenar sits down by the small campfire and unpacks a veritable feast to Abigail's eyes. She gasps and seizes the aged cheese. K'Kenar laughs and cuts a slice of bread from the honey wheat bread. As an experienced woods runner, he never tires of seeing people’s reactions to the goods he brings. He watches with amusement as Abigail mumbles through crumbs, "Oh glory ... this is soooo good." She sets aside some of the honey bread for her bear to share as a treat.

Abigail looks at K’Kenar and slaps his shoulder in friendship. "It's been .... how long now, that I haven't returned to town?"

K'Kenar thinks a bit. "Well, now. It's coming on 15 moons, kiddo. Well overrr a yearrrr."

Abigail shakes her head, "No, just no."

K'Kenar shrugs. "If you say so. But yourrrr mum's worrrried, ye know. He looks around. "Is this all yourrrr gearrr?" Emphasis on “all.”

Abigail looks up nonchalantly, then gets a little aggrieved. "Yeah, so what?"

K'Kenar points out the dents, "You'rrre looking pretty batterrred, Abi!" He lifts the smoky quartz amulet.... scuffed. His big green eyes shine with sympathy. "Come on, now," he says, stretching his long legs out lazily. "You really ought to think about coming back, at least just to get resupplied."

Abigail holds the cheese and bread in one hand and picks up a gorgeous pie with the other. K'Kenar leans on his elbows. His thoughts are very clear in the expression on his face. "Abi... you need this. Come on home." Abigail just shakes her head firmly, once: NO.

Abigail’s thoughts drift like the smoke of the campfire from K’Kenar’s words to a battle three moons ago.

Chapter 2

The Iksar head mage frowned. Shiskar Ssaron Sollari motioned to the map. He tapped one portion of it and did not seem pleased in the least.

Klinto Shargmike pulled his beard, shrugged, and glanced at his second in command, Bernor Goldfinder. Bernor was an adept in so many ways -- not the least of which was finding gold (or ale, territory, stone or even a mate if that was your desire).

It seemed to Sollari that Bernor, with so much talent, should be in command of the dwarves; but no, Shargmike was - for reasons unfathomable to the Iksar.

Bernor looked over at Shargmike for permission to speak. Shargmike nodded, albeit reluctantly. His wave indicated, "Go ahead…" and the grunt told of his reluctant involvement in this scheme.

Bernor leaned forward and said enthusiastically to Sollari, tracing absolutely nothing on the map, "The lines of power lie here." Bernor tapped another spot, then drew a rough, meandering circle, “Here are the lines of treaty between Dark Elves and Humans. Sollari gazed at the territory inside the treaty lines: dark forest, old ruins, lines of power merging under the ground in the center of the ruins, plenty of land for the Iksar to settle and relieve their now-crowded living conditions.

“The Iksar do need more land,” Sollari commented.

Bernor nodded, "Definitely! See? Here. If you can persuade the Humans to fight against the High Elves – here,” Bernor's fingernail dented the map, “that’s a perfect vantage point for us!” he ended triumphantly.

Shargmike watched the other two intently. The expressions on their faces brought dread to his heart. “Sollari having control of a powerful node of magic is enough to bring shivers to anyone,” he thought morosely, knowing that with the power of the nexus at that mage’s disposal, he might be well-nigh unstoppable. He also recognized the gold-fever in Bernor’s eyes and thought sadly, “Gold leaves a taint on one's soul, dwarf or no.”

Bernor added, “All you have to do is meet with some gullible Humans and persuade them that the High Elves have broken the treaty. I’ll go with you. And let’s have a contingent follow along behind, out of sight, so we don’t scare them off. But we can offer our support to the Humans and show them our troops.” Bernor slyly glanced down at the map. He stabbed a finger at a pass in the mountains. “Of course, once the fighting starts, we will withdraw to here.”

Sollari leaned forward to scrutinize the location and missed the pleased look Bernor shot Shargmike. Sollari stood straight again. "It'ss a good plan! The land will be free because the two races will war. We can sssabotage them; and then it will be oursss.”

Chapter 3

"Abigail, ye mun intervene!" Shargmike had gone that very evening of the meeting day to Abigail’s camp and told Abigail all he had witnessed between Sollari and Bernor and the subsequent preparations by Iksars and Dwarves. Shargmike leaned against a tree supporting himself with a hand. “If there be a way t’ do this wit’out all th’ bloodshed…"

But a scant three hours later, Abigail fought bravely with her bear friend by her side against Bernor and Sollari a few miles from the entrance to the dark forest, dented gear and scuffed amulet notwithstanding. She thought grimly, “Your wish that this could be done without bloodshed? Not going to happen, Shargmike.”

Shargmike had finally managed to limp close enough to see the battle, his eyes glistening from the pain in his leg from the last war as he watched the valiant paladin fight the two mages. He noticed with dismay that indeed, according to plan, more Dwarves and Iksar were arriving. He started to yell something to Abigail about the rogues in the hills, that they may help - they hide so well – but instead he just turned, gritted his teeth, and limped his way to the rogues in the hills, and told them of Abigail's needs.

Shargmike then borrowed a horse from the rogues in the hills and had rode hard through his pain to reach Abigail's family and tell them of her bravery. His last words before passing out were, “She won't survive without you this time." Shargmike woke hours later to find he had been placed in a tent to be watched over by the healers. He could hear the elders talking and trying to decide what their plans should be. He fervently hoped they would aid the brave young woman he had come to respect and adore.

Among the rogues, upon hearing Shargmike’s account, K'Kenar had immediately mounted his horse and flown to Abi's side. Through blood on her face, "Not mine!" she yelled with a great big smile, she welcomed her longtime friend.

Chapter 4

The rogues battled long and hard against the Iksar and Dwarf armies, and finally things came to a standstill. Many were wounded ... many had died and been resurrected by healers.

Just as Abigail was drawing her sword from an Iksar and dodging a cut from the axe of a Dwarf, she heard implacable marching sounds. She looked up in dismay. Ranks on ranks of Dwarves, eager for the gold that lay in the valley. And ranks on ranks of Iksar, so very eager for the power and magic that lay in the ruins, as well as land to settle.

Just as K’Kenar was lifting himself up from a particularly hard knock from a Dwarf, the leader of the rogue clan came up, shoving the Dwarf aside for a fellow rogue to take care of. The leader said urgently, “They have broken through the rock walls and are heading towards us. We fight ... or we die … and we are no quitters.” The rogues all looked at one another and at Abigail and K’Kenar with steel in their expressions.

The battle recommenced with fury. Spells were flung, weapons unleashed. Warders fought alongside their masters and mistresses. Healers were sorely put to the test. The land lay scorched from the magic used. After about four hours of solid fighting, the ground was covered with blood. In the struggle, the very forest itself seemed to have been wounded. Smoke filled the air and the sweet smells of the forest had all but disappeared.

The Iksar and Dwarves had won. Their cheers were triumphantly ringing from the hills. They dragged Abi and K'Kenar and all their prisoners with them to the center of the blessed ruins, which now seemed cursed. They wanted to rub it in... we won, you lost... and see what we now control?

Sollari and Bernor gleefully danced their way to the center of power. Abigail watched them with a glare. She knew her wounds were not as bad as they looked. She wasn't beaten, no matter what it looked like. Abi wasn’t finished yet!

Just as Sollari and Bernor were about to lift the well of magic and power up in their hands, Abigail let loose a war cry. Drawing on her bear friend’s new knowledge, she poured her power into her cry. Birds of all sorts came winging their way to her. Mighty lions thrashed their way into the ruins. Panthers snarled and raked their claws down sensitive Iksar skin. Beetles with very strong pincers snipped the bonds holding Abigail's wrists and ankles.

She motioned to her animal and bird and insect friends, and the creatures surrounded the Iksar and Dwarves; and I am sorry, but really, to be faced with an animal that is fierce and predatory, bound on protecting its loved ones, just gives anyone the screaming heebie jeebies. The creatures and Abigail soon overcame the Dwarves and Iksar, but Abi held them back from outright killing.

The Elders of both races came riding in just then, seeing Abigail in all her glory and power, her profile to them. Never mind that her armor was dented. Never mind that her face was smeared with blood and her hair was blown every which way in the fierce wind of the wings of birds. Looking at the child of two races, the Elders conferred very quickly.

Abi stopped her war cry, eyes glowing. She turned -- and stood stock still. Her grandmother, one of the elders, simply held out her arms to the young woman. Abigail sobbed one quick sob and ran into her grandmother's arms, over-exhausted with the fight and the newness of her power.

Her grandfather on the other side of the races returned Abigail’s glowing sword to her. He motioned to all that followed him, "Come closer. I have something to say.” All leaned in closely, or moved within hearing.

He took Abigail from her grandmother's arms and held her straight upright before him. "Abigail the Exiled." She nodded, tears in her eyes, and wanted to drop her gaze, but would not. He placed both hands gently on her shoulders, proud of how she held his gaze. "Henceforth, you shall be known as Abigail the Warstopper ... the Brave ... the Enforcer ... and Savior!"

Abigail's breath caught in her throat as the cheers rang out. She looked over at K'Kenar, barely able to see through tears and mouthed, "Thank you," to him.

With great celebration, Abigail was welcomed home, given fine new gear (even a pretty dress which she wore to a banquet in her honor) and a sweet little home with pretty flower boxes to come to when she wished.

Chapter 5

Returning from being lost in her memories, Abigail glances over at K’Kenar, still lazily stretched out at her campfire. He has pulled his cap over his eyes and is pretending to sleep. She rolls her eyes and tosses a pine cone at him, “Hey, Sleepyhead! Fine! I give in, I’ll go home and see mum and dad and grandmum and granddad and cousin Bettie and…”

She grinned. It was still taking a little getting used to, being accepted and loved by both branches of the family and welcomed into their homes.

She looked down at the earth and wrote with her dagger, “Abigail the Exiled.” Then thoughtfully, she scored through Exiled and wrote, “Warstopper, Brave, Enforcer, Savior.” She contemplated that a moment, then grinned, “That’s me!”
    Fyuri likes this.
  20. Fyuri Active Member

Norika if i get you some notebooks, can you copy this in one for the norrath estate library that ceyarrecks created? i can make any notebook you want and as many as you want. let me know the name of the toon you want it in and i will set up a dungeon for you with notebooks in it.
    Rosyposy likes this.