Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

02-13-17 at 4:00 pm pst a farmer will be in Antonica looking for some pig herders.
  2. Norika Policy Team Member

Greetings, and Happy Erollisi Day to all.

Please join some of your Guides on Saturday the 18th of February at 1 PM PT (4 PM ET/9 PM UTC).

We will be at the Erollisi Shrine in New Halas in the Frostfang Sea area.

Planned activities:

1) a little Meet-and-Greet

2) 2 of Senior Guide Kellin's Little Red Riding Gnome's Romantic Stories (bring some blank notebooks if you would like the stories scribed)

3) whenever the stories and scribing are done, there will be a romantic fellow needing your help to win his lady's heart

4) there just might be a lady troll after that who needs your help winning her fellow's heart as well

If any more activities happen along and I get advance notice, I will let you all know. Hugs to everyone!
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  3. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

02-22-17 be on the look out for an Arasai on the docks of Antonica, seems he has an idea for a lantern using fairy parts. Look for him around 4:00 PM PST
  4. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Beer, lots of beer. Brew day is coming soon. You will find a dwarf in Antonica, Thursday Feb 23 2017 at 700 PM PT, 800 PM MT (arizona), 1000 PM ET needing a bit of help to stock his larder. Look for him wandering between the North and South Qeynos gates.
  5. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

02-25-17 at 4:00 PM PST an orc warrior will be seeking help in the commonlands. Perhaps you can help him?
  6. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

02-27-17 at 4:00 pm pst there will some insanity going on. Come on over and join in
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

I am sorry, I am not understanding,...
    is this another surprise tour of Kael like was done a day ago in the middle of the day?
  8. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Nope, it will be a different quest. We do our best to bring a variety of quests to you, and try not running the same ones over and over :)
  9. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Bother, old age strikes again. We will be in Antonica causing mayhem.
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

does that variety also include being vague and ambiguous, presenting highly coveted quests in the middle of a work day without prior announcement?
  11. Leafa New Member

Thanks so much! I appreciate you giving your personal time for no other reason than to make the game a bit more fun for us!
  12. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Hello Ceyarrecks! Yes it does sometimes. :) As volunteers we are balancing real life, such as families, work etc, along with our own play time, and Guiding. Occasionally we find extra time on our hands to run additional quests that we may not be able to provide early notice on.

I know for me, I would rather run a quest with no prior announcements, than not run it at all :)

/hugs
    Daemora likes this.
  13. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

You are most welcome! We really enjoy being out there with everyone and hopefully making your days a little bit brighter :)
    Daemora likes this.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

The volunteer aspects, the personal time(s), and effort are not without notice.
    These are well appreciated.
    I volunteered >11 years in the U.S. Army, so I understand service to others.
    The concern is with a little planning, more can benefit; how can there be considered benevolence, when there is no need?
    Do we give a huge feast to one, or a satisfying meal to many?
    Daemora likes this.
  15. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

We will continue to do our best and give advance notice, however there will be times this cannot be done due to circumstances beyond our control.
    Daemora likes this.
  16. Thornscar New Member

Seems like a good time to chime in. The Guides are an amazing group of fun, compassionate people. They make the game more interactive for many who are hurting, need a moment of ftiendship, or simply enjoy surprises or spontaneity. When I see someone criticizing a Guide, or the Guide Program, I have to shake my head. Thank you, Guides! Thank you for the crazy little quests, for the unique shinies, for the Home Tours, for Storytimes! Thank you for enduring the impatient throngs when you give out the status quests. Thank you for being our friends even in those moments when we may not act like very good friends ourselves.

We love the Guides and the Guide Program. If it were ever to end, the same folks who criticize might be the loudest voices in chat bewailing its disappearance. So while we are lucky enough to benefit from your time and effort, we should send you extra hugs and huge thanks.

There. I've had my say.
    Daemora and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Daemora Active Member

I don't think anyone here is being critical. I think if anything, Ceyarrecks is attempting to offer constructive advice. I also understand what the guides are saying...there are times when pre-planning simply is not an option...such as when they discover they have more time on their hands than previously anticipated.

While I also love to have guide events announced before hand, I can totally appreciate the spur-of-the-moment events as well. Being a student, much of my time is spent studying and occasionally I do find that I have more time on my hands than previously expected, and when I find a guide event going on that was not pre-planned, and I am able to attend...I think it's wonderful! I can't always attend those guide events that are pre-planned either.

I do like your allusion to the feast, Cey. :D
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  18. IstimaL Guide EQ2 Skyfire

Avast me hearties - Keep an eye out for Pirate Tinkerers in Darklight on the 1st of March around 8:00 AM PST... perhaps they'll be looking for some assistance.....Arrrr matey!
    Daemora likes this.
  19. Norika Policy Team Member

Hello everyone, I heard that a necromancer will be out and about in the Commonlands tomorrow, Friday the 3rd of February at 4 PM PT (7 PM ET/12 AM). She seemed a bit odd, but very sweet and enthusiastic. I am sure she will appreciate any help you can give her.
  20. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Monday March 6, 2017 700 PM P, 800 PM MT, 1000 PM ET you will find your wandering storyteller in Antonica by the lighthouse with a tale to tell. Hope to see you there.