Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Mujie Senior EQ2 Halls of Fate

Thursday, December 29th

Come to Frostfell Village around 4:00pm (PST) and listen to the heritage of the snow people. The stories are good, the company excellent. See you there!
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  2. Norika Policy Team Member

Aahsumino, Carmell, Lythia, Papaemeritus, Reishyon, Sanar, Senneth, Vinaya and Norika worked together to make this story

Revenge is a Dish Best Served …

Deep in an icy cavern, far below the deeps, the princesses Clarissa and Malaisee smiled at each other as they drew the sharp knife across their palms.

Drops of blood trickled into the cauldron heated from the fires of the earth way down below. Clarissa hissed softly, "That does it. Tomorrow, at dawn, our task is complete."

Malaisee tightened her lips in a 'smile.' "Yes, dear twin," she said. Malaisee stabbed deeper with the knife so that more of her blood dripped into the cauldron.

During the night, the twins sat silently watching. The blood magic took effect and a golem rose from the cauldron, stepping out and growing larger and larger. Clarissa took a parchment and wrote on it, then stuffed it inside the golem's mouth.
    Read more (open)

Malaisee took a locket from her neck and held it in front of the golem's eyes. Opening it, she said, "This person. Find them. Exact our revenge." The golem moved to obey.

Clarissa stopped the golem from walking out. "Wait, twin." She scooped some of the sludge in the bottom of the cauldron and smeared it on the place where a golem's heart would be if it had one. "This will keep it focused on the task at hand, and it will never be distracted," Clarissa explained.

Malaisee nodded. "Now march," she ordered the golem. Malaisee crept along behind the golem, who made its way out of the cavern, across the land, unheeding of the branches of shrubs and trees, unheeding of snow and river, the paper in its mouth directing it to fetch the hapless victim back so they could see who was taking revenge.

Clarissa followed along with the scrying glass. “That’s it, task master, do my evil bidding,” she murmured.

As night fell, the golem entered a town, passing the castle of the lord of the region who had killed their parents so many years ago. The fact that the golem didn’t go to the castle caused Malaisee to turn and give the castle a puzzled look, then she shrugged as she continued to follow the golem.

The golem came to a section of town where many had their businesses. It pushed through a merchant’s storefront, pushed through the door of the merchant’s dwelling, forced his way past the gaping children and seized the apprentice by the scruff of the neck and hauled him from his bed.

Malaisee struck her head in frustration... "No, no... that's the wrong one! Yes, he was a former lover of ours. No, not at the same time!” She glared around at the merchant’s family. To the golem: “And yes, he did us both wrong, but that’s not the one we want!”

The apprentice struggled in the golem's grasp... “Please, miss, I can't breathe.”

Malaisee shook her head and motioned "down," with her hand.

In the icy cavern, Clarissa struck the table in her frustration. "Stupid golem." She muttered to Malaisee, "Now what? We are found out!"

The apprentice rubbed his throat as he sat against the wall where the golem had dropped him. He simply couldn't keep his eyes off Malaisee. Even after all this time, he still thought the twins were the most beautiful young women he had ever seen. He made a move but the golem’s growl stopped him and he shrank back.

The merchant came in, lifted his hands helplessly and stammered, "Good princess... I ... I ... hardly recognized you.”

Malaisee snarled, "Good!?! Hardly!" She looked around the room angrily.

The merchant's wife came forward, holding out her arms, "Poor Mally ... don't you recognize your old nannie?"

Clarissa fumed in the cavern in the deeps, "It's all a trick! Get out, Malaisee!!"

One of the little ones crept forward and tugged at Malaisee's cape, smiling happily. "It's not been the same since your papa and mama died. It’s been rather good for us all!"

Malaisee looked down, and the little one's sweet face broke her resolve. "There's just one thing I don't understand," she said. “Why did the golem attack the apprentice? We wanted the one who killed our parents.”

She looked at the golem and grimaced. The merchant shrugged, no idea.

The apprentice looked about... and as he did, Clarissa saw something in his face. Seizing her cape, she dashed out of the cavern, and sped along the way, calling with her magic to her twin as she did so. Within seconds, she flung herself into the room, a knife to the apprentice's throat.

Clarissa hissed, "Show yourself, lord! Before all these people, show yourself, or you die now." Malaisee pulled at her twin's arm, but Clarissa would not be swayed.

Slowly, the form of the lord who had killed their parents became clear. The family gasped... the merchant had had no idea that the lord was hiding out in his very home!

The merchant stepped in front of the old lord's form. "Girls, for the love you bear your unfortunate parents, please!"

The old nannie pulled Malaisee away. "Mally, come, darling… come away."

While Mally was pulled away, Clarissa stood locked in glares with the merchant. "He killed our parents!" she yelled. "He should die!" She pushed the knife in further, not yet scratching the lord's throat.

"Clary, dear, let the authorities handle it," the merchant pleaded. One of the children ran for the guards in response to the nannie's whispered order.

"NO!" Clarissa yelled.

The lord's form shimmered, but held.

The guards came in, and took the lord by the arms. "You have the right to remain silent," one of the guards began.

The lord’s form shimmered and he said, "I do not wish to be silent. It is time for all to be made clear."

The lord regarded the twins gravely. “I am a being of much good and much power, Malaisee and Clarissa. I was tricked and placed in the mortal form of the lord by your parents. Your parents are not who and how you think they were.”

The merchant and the nannie nodded. "We tried to keep you as calm and happy as we could, darlings," said the nannie.

Mally thought back...some things that had been a bit odd made sense now. The odd visitors, late at night. The forbidden rooms.

Clarissa's eyes widened in sudden shock. "Oh!" she exclaimed. She looked around at the merchant's family and said sadly, "I never knew."

"We didn't want you to know, Dears," said the merchant. “Such evil in your parents, we didn’t want you to be exposed to it and learn from them.”

The lord's form shimmered once more. The powerful being of goodness took his natural form, which sent such light into the room that the people had to shield their eyes until they grew used to the radiance.

His voice boomed. "Now, Clarissa and Malaisee. You have a choice. Do you wish to rule the land?" The Lord looked at the surrounding people.

"Clarissa," he boomed. Clarissa's eyes lit up with anticipation. "You were too quick to assume fault.” Her eyes fell; she knew he was right. The lord continued, "You will study with me for some years until you are ready to rule." Clarissa looked up gratefully and knew this was good.

"Malaisee!" He boomed. She kept her eyes downcast... she felt badly for even having wanted revenge. "You were too easily blinded by what you wanted to see." She nodded in complete agreement. "But you too will study with me, for a few years, until you are ready to rule as well."

The lord looked at the merchant and the nannie. "Well done, you two!" he clapped his hands and their own royal clothing appeared on them, crowns of platinum and costly worked jewels on their heads.

The merchant and the nanny, real selves revealed, curtsied to all and graciously hugged everyone.

One of the children tugged at their cloaks. "Papa? Mama? Is that really you?"

The merchant picked up the child and held him close. "It's really me! And you... you are a prince!" The child smiled happily. "As long as you are my papa, I don't care!"

The merchant and the nannie quickly explained. The nannie was the younger sister to the twins’ mother. When her older sister had married, she had grown so frightened of the path her sister was taking, she had appealed to the gods to do something. The gods had sent the being of goodness to help her and her husband, but the twins’ parents had trapped the being in the lord’s form.

“Ummm… So, who rules the land?” asked one of the little girls, raising her hand in a wavering fashion toward the adults.

Malaisee and Clarissa, as rightful future queens, looked at each other and then pointed in the same instant at the merchant and the nannie. The Good One beamed in approval, and the land indeed was prosperous for many years. When the reigning couple died of old age, their sons and daughters shared the rule with their twin cousins, and the kingdom was famed through all the region round about.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Lythium like this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

[IMG]

Thank you ma'am, and others for the story.
    It has now found its place among the other Guides' Stories within the Norrathian Estate Library, (HoF/Newly Pub/#51)[Maj'Dul/Qeynos/Uncanny Estate/Fyuri]
  4. Norika Policy Team Member

Thank you, Ceyarrecks, it warmed my heart so much to see your picture. Such an honor you give me and the co-creators of the story.

It was my great pleasure to spend some time with such highly creative and entertaining people. I hope to see you all out and about again, and create a new tale!
  5. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Tomorrow (12-31-2016) there will be someone in Greater Faydark looking for those brave souls who wish to map Thalumbra. Look for them around 4:00 PM PST. Please note this quest is not repeatable, if you have done it once you cannot again.
  6. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Hey Maj'Dul!

We have another one for you! A spirit will also be looking for your assistance Obol Plains, tomorrow at 11am PT in Obol Plains. Stop by to see if you have what it takes!

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice
  7. Norika Policy Team Member

A little too much magic in the Frostfang Sea created some new creatures. Stop by at 4 PM PT on Wednesday, January 4th, and see if you can help them out.
  8. Daemora Active Member

My apologies for my absence as of late. I had hoped to spend much time over the holidays playing the game, only to find my first day or so into the holiday having been afflicted with the worst flu I have had in many many years. I spent the entire holiday season ill, and am still not over it, though I believe I am on the road to recovery now (hopefully). School starts again tomorrow, so back to not having so much time to play anymore for a while.
  9. Norika Policy Team Member

I hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself. Norrath will be here when you are well and have time.
    Daemora likes this.
  10. Theason New Member

My apologies for as of late disturbance during the guide event today, only to find I that I had to drive to and from the place which had sought my presence after I had received a call during the middle of it. I am sorry if I had kept some of the guides to wait and having to leave immediately though I was surprised to have seen the guide message in general chat after just saw Antonica_Bayle.Homeshow discussion I was in the middle of decorating in a gh and I wasn't quite prepared for a guide event though I had assumed it was something similar to the dragon event after seeing more guides than usually rather not often. Sorry for the message that I had gtg. after the rush of things that had preceded our nice conversations while in-game about the new Mushrooms though neat thing about it that I hadn't mentioned earlier though about the eyes they look similar to the Mushroom King in Greater Faydark.:confused:o_O:oops:
  11. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Beer, lots of beer. Find your beer loving dwarf in Antonica between the North and South Qeynos gates today, 1/5/17 at 800 PM MT 700PM PT 1000 PM ET.
  12. Norika Policy Team Member

Theason, you will be very happy to know that the mushroom family completely understands that things come up and people must depart suddenly at any moment. I read your note to them (they haven't learned how to do that yet, although Mushrumm is still working very hard on her counting) and they were so happy that you were all right (they were a bit worried about you and hoped all was well with you).

It sounds as if you are usually very busy, and the fact that you took time out to go visit and help the Mushroom Family is so heart-warming. You will be happy to know that the spice herb you gave Funggi is growing especially spectacularly. :)

Big hugs from all the shrooms!
  13. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

01-09-2017 at 4:00 PM PST there will be a ratonga in New Halas (Frostfang Sea) seeking some aid in finding her lost muse. Find her close to the tavern there.
    Daemora likes this.
  14. Norika Policy Team Member

Greetings, everyone. I was just informed that Rankellora will be needing some help in the Enchanted Lands tomorrow, Wednesday the 11th, at 3 PM PT (6 PM ET/11 PM UTC). If you have knowledge of Lavastorm, please stop by and help her out.
    Daemora likes this.
  15. Norika Policy Team Member

My goodness! The Random Notes band just played their newest song this evening. Rankellora mentioned that it wasn't quite perfect yet, as she had just obtained help this afternoon from some kind adventurers, but her singing master, Mr. Evernote, gave his approval. It's called "Lavastorm Musings." Rankellora wanted to thank the kind people who helped her.

There is a land far away, a land of ash and fire. Where caverns are deep and dragons do sleep in the magma dire. It’s way too hot, there’s no good loot, the heat is so oppressive; Bring lots to drink, in the lava don’t sink, but the volcanos are so impressive!

It’s a fire-scorched wasteland beneath a burning sky; the air is metallic, sulfuric, and heavy. Drakes and dragons, giants and goblins, creatures you’ll find a-bevy. Run on paths of glass of red, avoid the feet of giants of fire; meet an old dragon called Nagafen, but do NOT invoke his ire!

Many come to make their names among the embers and the flames; meet the goblins and play their games, yet they are but some memory’s shadow. Given what I’ve learned from you, if what you tell me do be true, I think I’ll visit briefly in this land of flame… write my name in molten lava, let it sink below, then to a cooler land I’ll gladly go.
    Rosyposy and Daemora like this.
  16. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Hear Ye Hear Ye I Betemus command your presence in the commonlands on 01-16-17 at 4:00 PM PST. You will attend as this is a royal command from your emperor.....please
    Daemora likes this.
  17. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Nothing to see here, move along....(it posted twice for some reason) :)
    Daemora likes this.
  18. Daemora Active Member

Hmm, a command...from a king whose name I'm not familiar with. Well, I just may show up anyways, to see what you have in store for us. :D
  19. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Now if ye are bored around 4:00 PM PST today (1-14-17) and ye say to yerself, Self, surely there is an old dwarf who needs a wee bit of gathering done around here somewhere. Well then I have just the thing fer ye. Look for this dwarf in Antonica, outside the gates of Qeynos.
    Daemora and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Daemora Active Member

I am sorry to have missed the event Saturday, but am happy to have assisted Betemus with his request yesterday. Thank you for the lovely new lamp! :)
    Rosyposy likes this.