Kaladim Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Greetings Kaladim!

The Guides of Kaladim may use this thread to alert you to upcoming planned Guide Events being hosted on Kaladim. If you want to be in the loop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, click "Watch Thread" on the right-hand side of the thread, just above the body of the first post. You will receive emails/alerts any time a new post is made to that thread!

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.

All times shown are considered Pacific Time unless otherwise stated.

Interested in joining the Volunteer Guide Program?
  2. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Kaladim!

There is talk of someone in need of help with some research they are involved in! If you have time to lend a hand, stop by the Frostfang Sea Docks (Halas) on Saturday 3/30/19 around 3pm PDT!

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Be on the lookout for a dwarf seeking aid with a collection, Find him in New Halas (Frostfang Sea) around the tavern area 03-30-19 at 4:00 PM PST
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Elyshka Well-Known Member

If one happens to be of a certain persuasion and finds the cold, inhospitable environment in New Halas to be undesirable, perhaps consider making your way to Darklight Wood on Sunday, March 31st around 1 pm PDT (4 pm EDT / 8 pm UTC). There's a gnome there in need of a few things. He assures me that his experiment is totally safe... you know, if you're not flammable. *shrugs*
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Feel the need to help keep Antonica safe? Well head to the entrance of Blackburrow this evening around 4:00 PM PST and see how you can help
  6. Elyshka Well-Known Member

More to watch for this weekend:
    • Saturday, April 6th around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - Trouble is stirring in the Commonlands. Will you venture forth and investigate?
    • Sunday, April 7th around 2 pm PDT (5 pm EDT / 9 pm UTC) - A farmer needs some trusty fieldhands in Antonica.
    Hazado likes this.
  7. Momo New Member

Thank you all so much for pulling this off for us! It is much, much appreciated. And Im very happy those piggies made it safely home. They were sweet and awesome fun :rolleyes:
    Hazado, Elyshka and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Be on the lookout for someone needing some help, find her on the docks of New Halas (Frostfang Sea) at 7:00 AM PST
  9. Momo New Member

Please, a stupid question: Can guides make use of that tinkle bell sound that devs use for anouncements? See, the trouble is: Gen chat on Kaladim is both extremely crowded (you have to pay very close attention to catch something there, even if you expect it) - and if youre not expecting something, it is (at least from my experience) uncharacteristically toxic for EQ2. I know alot of people who switch it off by default and I also feel the need quite often.

All that makes catching the so very much sought after guide events really difficult - thats why I was asking about that "anouncement tinkle sound". (Tho I'm aware it would add to the confusion - I meet shamefully many people who dont know the difference between a guide and a dev.)

Asks politely and sends its regards,
    Momo
  10. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Hello Momo!

We completely understand the concern, though we must follow guidelines regarding any announcement we make and not all of them have that sound attached to it. (general chat being one of those non sound type ones).

If you continue to check here for Guide event announcements you will know where we should be and approximately what time, so if you are in that zone when we begin, you will hear the initial announcement which does have the sound attached to it. :)

We appreciate the suggestion and are happy you enjoy coming to our events!
    Momo likes this.
  11. Momo New Member

Dear Miriele,
    thats perfect! I didn't know it would help so much to be in the zone already - greatly appreciated, thank you! Will do so in the future.
    *Waves* a happy Momo
  12. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Be on the lookout for someone in need of some help today around 4:00 PM PST. Look for them at the Lighthouse in Antonica
  13. Cyrrena Active Member

Greetings to the Guides of Norrath and the Guides of Kaladim!!

I have come bearing a request from the Court of the Blood Rose, *unrolls the parchment and clears her throat before beginning to read the missive*.

The members of the Court of the Blood Rose would humbly request from the Honorable Guide of Norrath and the Honorable Guides of Kaladim for a chance to assist with Fungoid Fascination. We have a very large Court and would like to know when you would be able to provide this chance for us, so that we may inform the members of the Court and they may make appropriate arrangements.

*rolls up the parchment*

We have member spanning all US, EU, and AU time zones, and have found that around 9 or 10 am pacific on a Saturday morning allows for the most member participation.

If you could tell us one or two times that you would be able to schedule this, even a late night time. We could put it on the calendar and we could share it with other guilds on the server to attempt to ensure the largest turn out available for your time and effort.

Thank you.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

I will pass your most humble request along
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Cyrrena Active Member

*steps into the thread and bows deeply to Kellin*

Thank you very much Senior Guide Kellin, we are most grateful.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Tomorrow (04-20-19) at 4:00 PM PST be on the lookout for someone needing some help with research in the Frostfang Sea. They will be close to where the raft docks in the newbie area
  17. Cyrrena Active Member

*enters the room and bows deeply to the guides present and clears her throat before unrolling the parchment and reading*

The members of the Court of the Blood Rose and the other clans of the world of Kaladim wish to humbly thank the Guides of Norrath and the Guides of Kaladim for taking time out of their worlds to allow us to help with the research ongoing in Frostfang Sea. We hope that we are able to provide the researcher with more than enough assistance to keep their project ongoing until another mission can be arranged.

Again, thank you for allowing us this opportunity.

*rolls up the parchment, bows to the guides again, and exits the room*
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Cyrrena Active Member

*Confidently enters the room and bows deeply with great flourish to the Guides of Norrath and the Guides of Kaladim. Clears her throat, unrolls a new parchment and begins to read*

Great Guides of Norrath and Guides of Kaladim, The Court of the Blood Rose most humbly thanks you for allowing us to assist your notable Scientist Kimm with her research efforts in Frostfang Sea. Should Scientist Kimm need further assistance in the wee hours of the morning or in the late hours of the night, The Court of the Blood Rose is at your service.

Should any of your other efforts require assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

*rolls up the parchment, bows deeply with a great flourish and exits the room*

If we have a few days notice, I can put an early morning notice for EU players on the in-game calendar. Usually we do things for our EU players around 7:00 am - 9:00 PST on Saturday and Sunday. So I would need to get it on the calendar by Tuesday at the latest. So they can plan for something. This would go for any guide events that you would schedule during early hours. The late nights would be more for AU players. They would go along the lines of the hours Tallann usually schedules in.

Thank you again, you do not know how much excitement and happiness this event brought to our Court members.
  19. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Thank you for your post! We are glad to see the court happy with the events we bring to you. We will certainly do our best when posting events to give as much notice as possible which may not always work the way we want it to due to varying schedules and time constraints.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Be on the lookout for a gnome needing some help tomorrow (04-27-19) around 4:00 PM PST. He will be on the docks of Antonica