Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Happy Bristlebane Day, everyone!

I've heard from a couple folks who are in need of your help, so keep your ears open around the following times for their calls:
    • Monday, April 1st from 1 pm PDT to 7 pm PDT (4 pm to 10 pm EDT / 8 pm to 2 am [2 Apr] UTC) - It's time to kick up some dust in the Thundering Steppes! The Aether Races will be pulling back into port, offering you a chance to earn a prize suitable for Miss Beauregarde *hint hint* for those who are swift enough to impress the Flying Freebooters. The races will be up for six hours so you can come and go as you like!
    • Tuesday, April 2nd around 4 pm PDT (7 pm EDT / 11 pm UTC) - A frazzled halfling baker needs some creative minds to help her with a task. Be in Kelethin if food is your forte! (No cooking required, just hungry bellies and clever ideas!)
  2. Elyshka Well-Known Member

My jumjum brings all the halflings to the yard

Bristlebane Day continues to bring out halflings of all stripes, but there's a few that I've come across that could use your help.
    • Sunday, April 7th around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 9 pm UTC) - A halfling bard is looking for artisans with a skillful hand. Head to the Enchanted Lands to find out what's up.
    • Tuesday, April 9th around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [10 Apr] UTC) - No one is safe from politics, even in Norrath. Swing on back to the Enchanted Lands to hear what's on the stump.
  3. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Across the wilds of Norrath, the call goes out!
    Boldest of the bold, bravest of the brave... Do you dare enter Kael Drakkel to answer the challenge of the Stormshield Clan?
    Tomorrow evening (Thu 04/18 @ 7pm pacific) Krunjir Stormshield will be in the Eastern Wastes, offering this challenge to the bravest souls of Norrath! Come one, come all, complete the quest for your "larger than life" reward! :eek:

DISCLAIMER Only Level 90+ can enter Kael Drakkel, although you may accept the quest, you will not be allowed to enter. Also, this quest can only be offered once to each character. Once you have completed it, you cannot take this quest again, but feel free to play tour guide to your friends as they explore to complete the quest for themselves!
  4. Elyshka Well-Known Member

*quaffs a "Nyk'Quill's Super-Quick Healing Potion and weaves up to a tinkered sound magnification device*

Ok, Isle of Refuge, it's time for a Quick Fire Challenge! You'll have to think fast and make good use of your trusty mounts, as you'll only have a limited time to take part. Each of the following friends will only be by for 30 MINUTES EACH, so plan ahead to get all your siblings, cousins, and weird uncles in to meet with them. (Ordinarily, they'd love to stick around longer, but I'm being realistic here about how long I can stay awake under the effects of Nyk'Quill's Super-Quick Healing Potions -- they're pretty darned potent.)
    • Sunday, April 21st around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [22 Apr] UTC) - Rargnir Marrspear is looking some good News about some lost spirits in Obol Plains.
    • Sunday, April 21st around 5:45 pm PDT (8:45 pm EDT / Midnight:45 am [22 Apr] UTC) - Kessalie Coppersprocket will be popping up to Kelethin to make sure that any explorers to Thalumbra are equipped with a most helpful map.
    • Sunday, April 21st around 6:30 pm PDT (9:30 pm EDT / 1:30 am [22 Apr] UTC) - Otuno Quamaniq has decided to try a new portal available to him and is eager to meet with new travelers headed to the Celestial Realms in Antonica.
    Please remember that each of these quests cannot be repeated, so be sure to send along any relatives who have not yet had the opportunity to undertake these challenges. Also, given the short window between sessions, they will have to strictly adhere to the schedule, so please consider gathering everyone in your family looking to pick up the tasks in the zone prior to the quest, to help keep things moving swiftly for you. We don't want you to miss your chance!
  5. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

<<<<<<NEWS FLASH>>>>>>>

There has been a murder in Norrath! Detective Frinzel is on the case, and he needs your help to solve it! Please come to the pub in the Isle of Mara on Saturday, April 27th at NOON PST to help interrogate the suspects to find out who killed poor Mr. Bidwell.
  6. Aylea New Member

*looking forward to her 3-day weekend for Memorial day* *sets up an altar for the Isle of Refuge guides and prays at it for quests that give status to a little newbie swashy baby*
  7. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Working for the Weekend

Salutations, Islanders! If you're looking to get in a bit of pre-gaming in advance of the holiday weekend, you'll want to pay close attention around the following times over the next few of days:
    • Tuesday, May 21st around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [22 May] UTC) - Someone will be in Obol Plains seeking a bit of good News about some missing souls.
    • Wednesday, May 22nd around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [23 May] UTC) - Explorers of Thalumbra will want to pop by Kelethin and speak to someone about a most interesting map.
    • Thursday, May 23rd around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [24 May] UTC) - Looking for a greater adventure? Make your way to the Commonlands and meet with a travel agent to the Celestial Realms.
  8. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Strange creatures have been spotted lurking about. Reports have indicated that, should one be willing to seek out these unusual specimens, special care should be paid around the following times:
    • Sunday, June 16th around 6 pm PDT (9 pm EDT / 1 am [17 June] UTC) - Beware of hungry chefs when you're looking like a snack. Darklight Wood.
    • Tuesday, June 18th around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [19 Jun] UTC) - There's no use crying over spilled treasure. Fens of Nathsar. (Safe location for littles.)
  9. Gryger SWAT EQ2

So there I was, enjoying a well-deserved ale when that Gnomish contraption in the library started sparking and screeching again. It's unnerving as all get out and Mistress Heartyhearth hates cleaning up all the dust and smoke it coughs up, but thus far, it's always been reliable.

"Assistance Opportunity Imminent. Wood Elf female, abducted from Kelethin home has been located in Sundered Frontier. Will require aid returning home. Recommend she recruit help from fellow adventurers and tradesfolk of Norrath. Estimate window three and three fourth solar cycles. Message ends."

Translation: Sunday Jun 30th noon Pacific
  10. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Hey there, Islanders! Just dropping by with a suggestion to watch this space closely over the next couple of days. We've got a few things in store coming up for the extended holiday weekend that you won't want to miss. Keep them peepers peeled!
  11. Muusicx New Member

Was a pleasure to assist and I hope if you ever need help you won't hesitate to call out. Looking forward to Newsies and similar quests in the near future!
    Elyshka likes this.
  12. Elyshka Well-Known Member

This just in!

There'll be all sorts happening on the Isle over the next several days, but be sure to mark your calendars so you don't miss out!
    • Thursday, July 4th between Noon - 6 pm PDT (3 pm - 9 pm EDT / 7 pm - 1 am [5 Jul] UTC) - Head on over to the Thundering Steppes for some high-flying action as the Flying Freebooters pull into port to set up their amazing Aether Racing mechanism! If you impress them with your time, you may win something that'll make your friends green with envy.
    • Friday, July 5th around 7 pm PDT (10 pm EDT / 2 am [6 Jul] UTC) - A visitor from Thalumbra will be tunneling their way to Kelethin to speak with explorers about an unusual map. (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    • Saturday, July 6th around 2 pm PDT (5 pm EDT / 9 pm UTC) - Head on over to the Obol Plains and meet with Rargnir Marrspear to get the news on a bit of soul searching. (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    • Sunday, July 7th around 1 pm PDT (4 pm EDT / 8 pm UTC) - A representative from the Great Library will be appearing in the Commonlands to find explorers to go on a celestial journey. (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
  13. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath! Guide Gryger here, bringing you Tinkerfest Tidings!
    A good friend of mine, Fetzelpot, is about to complete one of his fantastic inventions and will be looking for people to help him test it out!
    He intends to be somewhere in the Moors of Ykesha later today. Be on the lookout for this Tinkerer!

Thu 07/18/2019 @ 1900 Pacific
  14. Aylea New Member

Anything going on this weekend? Darn overtime at the hospital! I always miss out. :(
  15. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Actually, now that you mention it... It's Tinkerfest and the gnomes are out to party! Keep an ear out for kabooms around the following times:
    • TODAY, July 20th around 1 pm PDT (4 pm EDT / 8 pm UTC) - A gnomish researcher is looking to share her amazing finds at Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont.
    • Sunday, July 21st around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [22 Jul] UTC) - A bard has discovered yet another tale of the long, long ago. To hear her performance, make your way to Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont.
  16. Muusicx New Member

Drat! I was in Gnomeland at 7:55pm and missed the researcher. Perhaps my clock needs adjusting.
  17. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Perhaps so... Those time pieces can be awfully tricksy sometimes. May I ask which time zone you are in, to make sure that it is properly calibrated? For example, I know that some folks that usually align with UTC are observing their summer time hours right now and are an hour ahead.

I can report that Gadget was in Gnomeland Security Headquarters for about 40 minutes and spoke with a few people about her fascinating research and even managed to uncover a sinister orcish plot of destruction (yikes!).

Nevertheless, I can assure you that our intrepid researcher will be returning to share her secrets with more Tinkerfest celebrants very soon and, should there be a specific time that works best for folks in your neck of the woods, please feel free to share when that might be so I can nudge her in that direction at least once. :)
  18. Enertocter Member

Although said orc might've accidentally revealed the whole plan, he'll still continue to roam around Tinkerfest in hope he might find something to help further their nefarious plot. At least until the adventurers finally mount a counter attack against his clan that is. :oops:

Looking forward to the next event! :D
    Elyshka likes this.
  19. Zeddicious New Member

Hey. Neato. 900 years playing this game, and I just found this forum. smh.
    Elyshka likes this.
  20. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Across the wilds of Norrath, the call goes out!
    Boldest of the bold, bravest of the brave... Do you dare enter Kael Drakkel to answer the challenge of the Stormshield Clan?
    This evening (Thu 07/25 @ 7pm pacific) Krunjir Stormshield will be in the Eastern Wastes, offering this challenge to the bravest souls of Norrath! Come one, come all, complete the quest for your "larger than life" reward! :eek:

DISCLAIMER Only Level 90+ can enter Kael Drakkel, although you may accept the quest, you will not be allowed to enter. Also, this quest can only be offered once to each character. Once you have completed it, you cannot take this quest again.