Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

***************NEWSFLASH*****************

So, here I was, running around Norrath, minding my own business like I always do...when I bumped into this lady Gnemlin...I guess I should have been paying better attention... Anyway, this lady had all these map drawings and she was like..."Hey, would you like to help us scout out some areas in Thalumbra?" and I told I would love to, but I had to work. Then I told her I would let all of you know so you could go help her out. /nod This really excited her. I hope you make me look good by showing up to help her out. You will totally want to visit Kelethin on July 4th at 12:00pm PST or Neriak near the Dockside Markets on July 7th at 12:00pm PST and look for Meridale Switchweaver. She is going to be looking for Norrathians who can help her by scouting out some areas of Thalumbra, collecting information about them. She said her goal is to develop the best GUIDE in Norrath for everyone who lives in Maldura.
  2. Kansas New Member

Thank you guides for running the Thalumbra quest! I'm so excited! However, I would like to push your kindness a little further and ask if we can get the newsies back. I realized I forgot to log in one of my girls for the last one you offered and she would love that have that Naylie's Newbag! *begs once again for your generosity* My other guildie really would like to see that one too because she missed the last one.
  3. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Funny that you should ask, Kansas... I've been speaking with a few folks myself recently and have uncovered some interesting news coming to IoR, as well!

Here's a handy guide to a few times that the good folks on the Isle of Refuge should be watching out for in the coming weeks ahead (note that the previously advertised events are also included in this list):
    • Sunday, June 24th around 2 pm PDT [5 pm EDT / 9 pm UTC] - An Othmir schoolteacher and her curious pupil are looking for assistance in Antonica.
    • Tuesday, June 26th around 6 pm PDT [9 pm EDT / 1 am (27 Jun) UTC] - A hungry halfling is looking for help in the Thundering Steppes.
    • Tuesday, July 3rd around 6 pm PDT [9 pm EDT / 1 am (4 Jul) UTC] - A spirit guide to the Ethernere will be looking for some good news in Obol Plains. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Wednesday, July 4th from 10 am until 4 pm PDT [1 pm to 7 pm EDT / 5 pm to 11 pm UTC] - Those Flying Freebooters are at it again! Come try their amazing Aether Racing contraption in the Thundering Steppes. No need to hold your breath until you turn purple -- The track will be up for six whole hours, so come and go as you please!
    • Wednesday, July 4th around Noon PDT [3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC] - A Gnemlin cartographer will be visiting Kelethin in search of those eager to explore the dark recesses of Thalumbra. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Saturday, July 7th around Noon PDT [3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC] - Our friendly Gnemlin cartographer has tunneled her way back up from Thalumbra and will be visiting Neriak this time. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Sunday, July 8th around 1 pm PDT [4 pm EDT / 8 pm UTC] - The Ethernere is still missing its lost spirits. Drop by Obol Plains and share some good news with our spirit guide. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
  4. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Don't forget! There's some excitement happening on the Isle of Refuge over the next few days. Be sure to take a break from all that double xp madness and lend a hand to some folks in need of heroes like you!
  5. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Hey, y'all! Please note that Rargnir is taking the express route to the Ethernere and will be in Obol Plains ONE HOUR EARLIER tomorrow than previously noted. Noon PDT [3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC]

See you there!
  6. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Happy Tinkerfest, everyone!

The gnomes are out in full force and there's plenty to see and do across Norrath, so keep an ear out for folks in need of your help! I did hear a couple rumors that you might be interested in, so...
    • Sunday, July 22nd around 1 pm PDT [4 pm EDT / 8 pm UTC] - A gnomish researcher is looking for assistance with a curious tome that she has uncovered. You'll find her at Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont for more details.
    • Monday, July 23rd around 5 pm PDT [8 pm EDT / Midnight (24 Jul) UTC] - Brakzit is thrilled to visit the Tinkerfest Aether Racing tracks for a bit of excitement (and to see how they compare to his track in the Steppes, of course) and will be in the Great Divide looking for some high-fliers!
  7. Enertocter Member

[IMG]

"Who's a good boy?"
    A certain gnoll came to Gnomeland Security HQ wishing to help out. Luck to be had, a certain gnome needed help with gathering a few components for her book. The gnoll gladly fetched the gizmos and gadgets and got petted as a reward. Both the gnoll and the gnome went home satisfied that day.

Thanks for hosting the event on Sunday!
    Elyshka likes this.
  8. Elyshka Well-Known Member

This is the most precious thing I have ever seen! That sure is one lucky gnome and definitely one good boy! Thank you so much for sharing this! <3
  9. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Prophets have foretold a period of enhancement for Norrathians and I've just received some interesting news from folks in need of your help over the next several days:
    • Wednesday, August 1st around 4 PDT [7 pm EDT / 11 pm UTC] - A gnomish researcher is looking for assistance before Tinkerfest ends for the year. You'll find her at Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont for more details. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Thursday, August 2nd around 5 PDT [8 pm EDT / Midnight (3 Aug) UTC] - A Gnemlin cartographer will be visiting Kelethin in search of those eager to explore the dark recesses of Thalumbra. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Friday, August 3rd around 5 PDT [8 pm EDT / Midnight (4 Aug) UTC] - A spirit guide to the Ethernere will be looking for some good news in Obol Plains. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
  10. Ratala New Member

Thank you so much the Thalumbra and Newsies quests Thursday and Friday. All my little halflings are so happy to have those quests. A couple of the girls will be able to take advantage of the extra status which is really nice for the guild.
    Elyshka likes this.
  11. Elyshka Well-Known Member

The Gnoll Days of Summer

Hey there, Islanders! I've heard a few rumors as of late, so you'll want to be especially alert for cries for help around these upcoming times:
    • Sunday, August 12th around Noon PDT [3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC]- Have you ever gone on holiday and just hated it? Perhaps your inn room had bugs, the food was terrible, or the local Mal-Wart was arranged completely backward and you couldn't find anything? Well, this one poor traveler has it worse than that -- much, much worse. Head to the Sinking Sands and see what you can do to help!
    • Thursday, August 23rd around 6 pm PDT [9 pm EDT / 1 am (24 Aug) UTC] - A distraught troll has been spotted in Lavastorm, lamenting the loss of some things most precious. Will you help her?
    More gossip to come!
  12. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Don't forget about our troll friend who is in need of your help tomorrow evening! She grows more desperate by the hour!
  13. Elyshka Well-Known Member

I was just speaking to a cousin of mine who finds himself with a bit of a dilemma. Artisans and craftsman, come lend your skills to a bard in need in the Enchanted Lands on Thursday, August 30th around 6 pm PDT [9 pm EDT / 1 am (31 Aug) UTC]!
  14. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Due to ongoing internet connection issues, this quest may be delayed or canceled without further notice. Please keep your toes crossed for good news from the fixer gnomes!
  15. Elyshka Well-Known Member

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

As you might already know, October (and the Nights of the Dead) is my FAVORITE time of year! I was just speaking with a bard friend of mine and she mentioned that she'll be performing one of her holiday tales soon, to get everyone in the spirit (Get it? Spirit? You know, 'cause of the ghosts?). Keep a keen ear out for her call!
    • Wednesday, October 3rd around 5 pm PDT [8 pm EDT / Midnight (4 Oct) UTC] - Odelyn Loresinger seeks an audience in Antonica for a hair-raising tale.
    • Saturday, October 6th around 11 am PDT [2 pm EDT / 6 pm UTC] - The Loresinger minstrel will be making a repeat performance of Wednesday's tale for those who might have missed it. You'll find her once again in Antonica.
  16. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Hey y'all, something must have really scared the you-know-what out of Odelyn, because she's lost her voice! She'll be rescheduling this performance for later this week.

In the meantime, I did some snooping super sleuthing and discovered that, with the spirit veil thinning, the messages from the Ethernere are much easier to decipher. Rargnir needs your help to spread the News! Meet with him in Obol Plains TOMORROW, Saturday, October 6th around 1:30 pm PDT [4:30 pm EDT / 8:30 pm UTC].

On Sunday, October 7th around 4 pm PDT [7 pm EDT / 11 pm UTC], Kessalie will be tunneling her way up from the Ever Deep to make sure that those of you who are looking to explore the dark recesses of Thalumbra aren't getting lost down there. Drop by Kelethin to visit with her!

As soon as poor Odelyn gets her voice back, I'll be sure to pass along an invitation to her next performance, so be sure to watch this space for more details!
  17. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Odelyn Loresinger, back from her short rest to recover her voice, is returning on Saturday, October 13th to regale you all with another terrifying tale of things that go bump in the night. Make your way to Nektulos Forest around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) and bring a friend. It's about to get spooky! (P.S. If you'd like to have a copy of her tale to keep, make sure you bring along a blank notebook.)
  18. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hi Everyone!

I hope you can help me out. I was out in Frostfang Sea earlier today and I happened upon this Dark Elf Necromancer named Demoneka. She told me she is in dire need of creating a better pet because she doesn't want to lose in battle. She told me she was just scouting things out around the lodge, but planned on coming back to Frostfang Sea on Sunday, Oct. 21, at 1:00pm PST to hold a scavenger hunt to see if Norrathians could help her get the parts she needs. I told her that my Sunday is super packed and I cannot come, but I would spread the word to everyone to let them know. Can you all help me out, please?
  19. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Happy Nights of the Dead, everyone!

You are cordially invited to a holiday spooktacular celebration in the Guide's Lounge on Sunday, October 28th at 3 pm PDT (6 pm EDT / 10 pm UTC)! Wear your best costume and come partake in some tricks and treats! The party will last for about 45 mins-1 hour, so don't miss out on your chance to give us a good fright!

We'll be giving instructions on how to get there once the party starts, so be sure to keep a close eye on the General chat channel for details!

Hope to see you there!
  20. azryan New Member

Thanks to all the guides at the event... It was so much fun... meeting all of you was a blast... I can't wait for the next time we all meet again... happy nights of the dead to all
    Elyshka likes this.