Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Luna New Member

hii there guides! i was wondering if some brave soul could come to check on Naylie and to see if she needs some help finding her ghosts and maybe thalumbra too? i wasnt able to be on earlier and it would be greatly appreciated! this weekend would be amazing=) have a wonderful day!
  2. Elyshka Well-Known Member

I'll keep a keen ear out for some details on those pesky Newsies and the venturing Thalumbrians. Updates to come about these and other events on the Isle!
  3. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Keeping one's ear to the ground is pretty dangerous if you're not watching for stampeding mounts... (just sayin'!)
    • Tuesday, January 23rd around 5 pm PST [8 pm EST / 1 am (24 Jan) UTC] - There's someone who would like to "axe" you for a small favor. Make your way to the Butcherblock Mountains to lend our dwarven friend a hand.
    • Saturday, January 27th around 1 pm PST [4 pm EST / 9 pm UTC] - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Sunday, January 28th around 1 pm PST [4 pm EST / 9 pm UTC] - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps! (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    I'll keep nosing around to see what else I can uncover, so be sure to check here often for news!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Luna New Member

hii there ! glad to see ur coming =) is that around 9pm that they newsies and thulumbral quests are coming? some evil fairies are keeping me working till 5pm....
  5. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Hi Luna,

Where you are in the world will determine what time our friends will be arriving today and tomorrow. You can use this website to convert from San Diego, California (Pacific Standard Time) to whichever time zone you happen to be in.

I hope this helps!
  6. Dawnya New Member

Any news on some spirits that need locating anytime soon?
  7. Elyshka Well-Known Member

It's funny you should ask, Dawnya... I just got a new batch of the post and it looks like there are a number of folks looking for some help coming up soon:
    • Tuesday, March 6th from 4 pm until 10 pm PST [7 pm until 1 am (7 Mar) EST / Midnight (7 Mar) until 6 am UTC] - Have the troubles of the world been getting you down? Come on out to the Thundering Steppes and get some wind in your hair! If you manage to snag a prize, it might make your friends 'violet'-ly jealous! Oh, and be sure to say ahoy to any pirates you come across!
    • Wednesday, March 7th around Noon PST [3 pm EST / 8 pm UTC] - Whew, those dwarves sure can drink during Brew Day! A representative of the Irongutt family of brewers will be in Antonica seeking help with keeping those kegs flowing!
    • Friday, March 9th around 5:30 pm PST [8:30 pm EST / 1:30 am (10 Mar) UTC] - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Monday, March 12th around 5:30 pm PDT* [8:30 pm EDT* / Midnight:30 (13 Mar) UTC*] - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps! (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    * Don't forget that the gnomes will be springing our clocks forward on Sunday, March 11th, so be sure you're watching at the correct times! This little widget will help you figure out what those tricksy gnomes have done.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

******* News Flash! *******

Okay, so there I was, running through Darklight Wood, late for work...again... when this little girl stopped me, asking me for my help. It seems some monster or something like it stole her cookies. She was crying so much it was hard to really understand her. Unfortunately, I was late for work and couldn't stop to help her, but I promised her if she would come around again to the same area tomorrow night, Friday, March 16th at 3:30pm PST then I would be sure to get the word out to my Norrathian friends and they would all come help her.

So, my friends, please, oh please go help this adorable little girl go get her cookies back! The little girl, I think her name is LilRedd or something like that. She said she would be near the Warpfont Spire in Darklight Wood on Friday, March 16th at 3:30pm PST. Please go and help her out for me, and let her know that I kept my word and sent you to help out. It would mean a lot to me if you could do this. I do feel bad I wasn't able to stop and help her. Unfortunately, I just found out that I have to work tomorrow, too, or I would totally be there myself to help.
  9. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Just a heads up -- This event may be delayed this evening due to a real-life situation. We are trying to avoid a delay, but one never knows how long a trip to the shaman will really take. We will do our best to keep you updated and, should we need to delay or reschedule, a notice to this thread will be posted as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding!

The event will run as scheduled. Huzzah!
  10. Elyshka Well-Known Member

April Showers Bring April ADVENTURES!
    • [COMING SOON!] Monday, April 2nd around 1 pm PDT [4 pm EDT / 8 pm UTC] - A halfling in a jam needs your help in Antonica.
    • Wednesday, April 4th around 5 pm PST [8 pm EDT / Midnight (5 Apr) UTC] - Itching to fell a few giants? A great Coldain warrior will be seeking brave heroes to venture into danger! Meet with him in the Eastern Wastes to receive your challenge to greatness.
    • Saturday, April 7th from 1 pm to 7 pm PDT [4 pm to 10 pm EDT / 8 pm to 2 am (8 Apr) UTC] - Those wacky Flying Freebooters are back with their fantastical flying contraption. Head on over to the Thundering Steppes for six hours of Aether Racing action and be ready to go for the gold!
  11. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Heroes of Norrath, come lend your aid!
    • Sunday, April 15th around 5:00 pm PDT [8:00 pm EDT / Midnight (16 Apr) UTC] - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps! (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Tuesday, April 17th around 5:00 pm PDT [8:00 pm EDT / Midnight (18 Apr) UTC] - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
  12. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Assistants Required
    • Tuesday, May 1st around 5 pm PDT [8:00 pm EDT / Midnight (2 May) UTC] - A gnomish tinkerer finds himself in a sticky situation. Head to the Withered Lands to see what all the fuss is about. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
  13. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Adventure awaits you!
    • Sunday, May 13th around 11 am PDT [2 pm EDT / 6 pm UTC] - A distressed fae needs prompt assistance with some spellcraft in Antonica.
    • Tuesday, May 15th around 6 pm PDT [9 pm EDT / 1 am (16 May) UTC] - Isn't it exciting to move into a new home? Well, it would be if you weren't a bachelor with no clue where to start! Make your way to Greater Faydark to see what he needs.
  14. Kansas New Member

*gets on my knees and begs* Please oh please Great Guides of Norrath!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dream is to have my own personal guild and if the Nebulous Newsies were to show up this weekend *shines up her halo* it would be a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Actually, now that you mention it, I have heard some rumblings from the Ethernere, but they weren't very loud. I expect that they're not as close as this weekend but, perhaps, the next one coming. Astute adventurers looking for a challenge might want to keep a keen ear out around the following times for an opportunity to prove their prowess:
    • Friday, May 25th around 4 pm PST [7 pm EDT / 11 pm UTC] - Itching to fell a few giants? A great Coldain warrior will be seeking brave heroes to venture into danger! Meet with him in the Eastern Wastes to receive your challenge to greatness. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Saturday, May 26th around 3 pm PDT [6 pm EDT / 10 pm UTC] - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps! (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Sunday, May 27th around 2 pm PDT [5 pm EDT / 9 pm UTC] - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
  16. Kansas New Member

Thank you!
    Elyshka likes this.
  17. Elyshka Well-Known Member

This weekend will be jam-packed with excitement in Norrath, what with the release of GU106, double experience for All Access members, new heroic characters making their way on the scene, and reported sightings of powerful Ethereals finding their way into the hands of adventurers. In the ensuing mayhem, be sure to keep your keen eyes alert at the above times for Norrathians who need the help of powerful heroes like yourself to lend them a hand!
  18. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Hello, Isle of Refuge! There's a bit of excitement happening tomorrow, so be on the lookout around the following times to see how you can lend a hand to folks in need:
    • Sunday, June 10th around Noon PDT [3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC] - An arasai inventor needs some help with an experiment in Darklight Wood.
    • Sunday, June 10th around 2 pm PDT [5 pm EDT / 9 pm UTC] - A wistful dragon has run into a bit of a problem in Greater Faydark.
    • Sunday, June 10th around 4 pm PDT [7 pm EDT / 11 pm UTC] - A harried businesswoman needs a bit of a jolt on the Isle of Mara.
    • Sunday, June 10th around 6 pm PDT [9 pm EDT / 1 am (11 Jun) UTC] - A hungry halfling is looking for help in the Thundering Steppes.
    Hopefully, you'll be able to help out!
  19. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, our hungry halfling has encountered a bit of a snack... er, snag, and will be unable to visit today. I'll be sure to let you know when she'll be coming to call, so stay tuned!
  20. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

*************Newsflash***************

I was at the Antonica Docks this morning when I noticed this prim and proper Othmir who looked so confused. I asked her if I could help her and she explained to me that she was planning on bringing her students on a field trip to Antonica, but she wanted to check out the area in advance to see if she could hire a scout. I told her that I would let all of the Norrathians know that she is in need of tour guides for her Antonica Field Trip. If you are interesting in showing her and her students a few interesting places or things in Antonica, then please meet the Othmir at the Antonica Docks on Sunday, June 24th at 2:00pm PST (5:00pm EST). If you do help her out, please do post here where you went. I really wish I could be there to give her a tour of Antonica, but I have to work and my boss refuses to give me the day off. Oh, well…be sure you go in my stead…and do a great job!