Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Important Breaking News Flash:
    • Tuesday, October 3rd around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [4 Oct] UTC) - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps!
    • Saturday, October 7th around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits
    Reminder: These quests are not repeatable, so if you've met one of these intrepid explorers or restless spirits in the past, send along one of your relatives (a.k.a. "alts" in adventurer parlance) to see what the fuss is about!

If you miss these opportunities, rest assured that it won't be the last time you see them, so stay tuned to this thread for future gossip from your Isle of Refuge team and don't forget that the Nights of the Dead begin soon! Keep your eyes peeled (not literally, eww!) for strange wails, cries, and things that go bump in the night!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

****** NEWS FLASH ******

So, I was running late for work the other day and I stumbled upon this well-dressed Necromancer named Demoneka and she asked me if I could give her some body parts. I know, right? It threw me off, too. I told her I was in a rush but would spread the word of her need and asked where she could be reached. She told me the that she will be about in Norrath again on Monday, October 30th at 5:00pm PST (8:00pm EST) at the White Lodge near New Halas in Frostfang Sea. Unfortunately, I will be working so I cannot go to help her. Can you all do me a favor? Please go help her and then let me know what you find out here in the forums. I mean, why on earth could someone be looking for body parts? Hmmm, you may want to let me know here in the forums that you are going...you know...just in case I never hear from you again....she is a Necromancer looking for body parts....
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Will anyone be available to help with a haunting? I ran into this poor soul who believes they are being haunted. If you can meet her in New Halas on Wed Oct 11 at 6pm pacific time. I sure hope you can help with this problem!

*Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.*
  4. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

****** NEWS FLASH ******
    I was heading through Loping Plains on my way to work this morning and I happened upon this bitter man, Vhlad Silverbrace, who was looking for some payback. If you would like to help him, he will be in Loping Plains at 10am PST (1pmEST) today (October 10th). I was in a rush and couldn't get his full story, but definitely let me know if you get the full scoop. I do love me some good gossip. :)
  5. Enertocter Member

I can say Vhlad was anything but bitter with everything he's been through, and talking about this as "gossip" would be very disrespectful. I will however recount his sad story about what happened to him and his family in hope this'll never happen anyone else again.

I arrived at the Village of Somborn in Loping Plains and found man standing in the graveyard, pleading in grief to the adventurers present. What made this man so heartbroken one couldn't tell from just looking at him, so we approached and listened to his story.

His story is a cruel twist of fate. He used to have a family which he loved greatly, with a loving and gentle wife together with his children. Then one day he just happen to go to the tavern for one drink, just to discover his whole family being brutally murdered by werewolves when he gets home. That one drink was the difference between him being there to defend his family, and being completely unaware of the act until it's already too late. His youngest child, Lucy, a daughter merely four years old, was the only one he could bury. The rest ... Such a cruel fate should never befall anyone.

While still grieving by his daughters grave, Vhlad asked of us adventurers to avenge her by defeating the werewolves around Loping Plains so anything like this would never happen anyone again. Vhlad himself was still too heartbroken to even leave his daughters grave.

Several adventurers came and promised to help Vhlad and defeat the werewolves. I could sense a faint happiness from Vhlad as he saw the adventurers rapidly flew off to ensure the werewolves were taken care of. Unfortunately I couldn't help Vhlad with his request as I am too weak in this realm. Had I tried, I would've only added another tragic death on Vhlad's conscience. I could only stand by Vhlad and keep him company, to comfort him to the best of my abilities.

While I continued to converse with Vhlad about his sad tale, we eventually came up on the topic of what he would do from now on. He himself said he would continue to stay by Lucy's grave every day, keeping her company and singing lullabies. But what kind future is that? I asked Vhlad if that's truly what he wants? What would Lucy want him to do had she stood beside him right now? He seemed to contemplate about it for a while, before coming to the conclusion that sitting still doing nothing is not something Lucy would want him to do. She would want him to continue with his life, to continue living with the ones alive while still showing respect to the deceased.

I felt it would only be right of me to also show my respect to Lucy. I thus offered a filled goblet to Vhlad and held a toast in her memory.
    "Although Lucy is dead, she'll forever be alive within our hearts."
    True death can only be achieved if you've passed into oblivion. As long as at least one person remembers you, you'll forever be alive. As a thanks for this, Vhlad handed me Lucy's wolf plush, a memory and reminder of her. I promised I would always keep it safe, and Lucy within my heart as well.

With the last adventurer having completed their task of defeating werewolves, Vhlad thanked me for paying respect to Lucy and having helped him to move on. He looked a lot brighter now than when I first met him. I bid him one last farewell before he left to rekindle his own future again.
    Necroconz and Elyshka like this.
  6. Elyshka Well-Known Member

There's nothing better than spooky campfire tales this time of year, wouldn't you agree? Oh good, I'm so glad you do! Perhaps you'll meet with me in Somborn Village on Sunday, October 15th around 1 pm PDT (4 pm EDT / 8 pm UTC)? I'll bring the snacks and a bit of light reading for those of you with an interest in creepy crawly things!
  7. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Wednesday, October 18th around 4 pm PDT (7 pm EDT / 11 pm UTC) - The hardy Coldain warriors of the Stormshield clan will be seeking brave heroes to face the challenges within the Kromzek stronghold of Kael Drakkel in the Eastern Wastes. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
  8. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

[IMG]

Do you remember the fun of Trick or Treats during your childhood? Come meet me in the Darklight Wood on Thursday Oct 19th at 5:30 pacific time for some Trick or Treat fun! Costumes are optional!

*Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.*
  9. azryan New Member

Any chance for the newsies and guide quest some time again? I missed the last ones. I work 3pm to midnight pst.
  10. Elyshka Well-Known Member

I'm sure that you'll encounter our explorer and spirit friends in a few weeks time, Azyran. Thanks for the suggestion about running it at a different time. We'll see what we can arrange!
  11. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Enertocter,

Thank you so much for the riveting story of your quest to help a saddened man achieve some peace. Your story brought tears to my eyes as I read it. I felt as if I were standing there with you, consoling the man. Thank you for your generous heart and efforts to help him find peace!

Also, thank you so much for sharing it your story here in our forums. So many times, I must miss out on these opportunities to help others due to my hectic work schedule and your post made me feel as if I were there! You Rock Enertocter!
    Rosyposy and Elyshka like this.
  12. Alenna Member

any chance that some time this week the newsies and thalumbra quest will be handed out?
  13. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

One will be traveling through the rift between the living and the dead tomorrow 10-25-17 at 6pm pacific time. I know this is not much notice but one can never tell when that rift will be open. You will find her in Cardin Ward (Obol Plains) Please remember this is a once in a lifetime opportunity so if you have done this task you will not be able to do it again. Please send your family in your stead!

14. Alenna Member

Thank you so much for the newsies quest Tillamook will now have it when she is ready
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Elyshka Well-Known Member

The Weekend Outlook:
    • Saturday, October 28th around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps!
    • Sunday, October 29th around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits.
    Reminder: These quests are not repeatable, so if you've met one of these intrepid explorers or restless spirits in the past, send along one of your relatives (a.k.a. "alts" in adventurer parlance) to see what the fuss is about!
  16. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Due to an unfortunate mishap which went bump in the night, the Necromancers' appearance will need to be rescheduled to Tuesday, October 31st at 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT/Midnight [1 Nov] UTC). Our sincerest apologies.
  17. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Double what now?

• Wednesday, November 15th around 10 am PST (1 pm EST / 6 pm UTC) - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps!
    • Wednesday, November 15th around 6 pm PST (9 pm EST / 2 am [16 Nov] UTC) - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits.
    • Friday, November 17th around 10 am PST (1 pm EST / 6 pm UTC) - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits.
    • Friday, November 17th around 6 pm PST (9 pm EST / 2 am [16 Nov] UTC) - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps!

Also, there will be more things to come soon, I just have to track down the juicy gossip to share with you first. Be sure to keep an eye here for more details!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Happy Frostfell, Refugees!
    • Saturday, December 9th around Noon PST (3 pm EST/8 pm UTC) - A clumsy goblin needs your help to save Frostfell. Be sure to listen out for his call to see where to find him!
    • Sunday, December 10th around 2 pm PST (5 pm EST/10 pm UTC) - A snowy historian will be sharing tales of holidays past in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
  19. Elyshka Well-Known Member

The Frostfell festivities continue!
    • Tuesday, December 19th around 5 pm PST (8 pm EST / 1 am (20 Dec) UTC) - A clumsy goblin needs your help to save Frostfell. Make your way to Frostfell Wonderland Village to help him!
    • Wednesday, December 20th around Noon PST (3 pm EST / 8 pm UTC) - A young ogre from Gorowyn will be seeking some help to impress Santa Glug. Drop by and lend him a hand, won't you?
    • Wednesday, December 20th around 5 pm PST (8 pm EST / 1 am (21 Dec) UTC) - Yukionna, the snowlady historian, will be visiting the Frostfell Wonderland Village again to share another tale of Frostfells past. (Don't forget to bring a blank notebook if you'd like a copy to keep for yourself!)
  20. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, Refugees!

• Sunday, December 31st around Noon PST [3 pm EST / 8 pm UTC] - The hardy Coldain warriors of the Stormshield clan will be seeking brave heroes to face the challenges within the Kromzek stronghold of Kael Drakkel in the Eastern Wastes. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)
    • Monday, January 1st around Noon PST [3 pm EST / 8 pm UTC] - One of our Thalumbral explorers will be coming topside soon! Be in Kelethin to get your eager hands on one of the explorer's famed maps!
    • Monday, January 1st around 4 pm PST [7 pm EST / Midnight (2 Jan) UTC] - One of Norrath's fallen heroes will be seeking brave adventurers to travel to Obol Plains, in the hopes of locating some lost spirits. (Note: This task is not repeatable.)