Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Now that is what I call synchronized Sword Dancing![IMG]
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

[IMG]
    So many fireworks at one time...I'm surprised we didn't set the docks on fire! /smile It was definitely a wonderful sight to see!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Well, the Festival of Might has come to Norrath! That means people proving their strength in all manner of competitions. Of course, there's bound to be injuries! There's a healer wandering around here and there and I know he's running short of supplies. As a matter of fact, I heard him muttering as he passed me on his way to Antonica. Evidently he was running low on materials already! Keep an ear out for him, he's not exactly the quiet type. I'm sure you'll have no problem spotting him!

Thursday, July 06 2017 @ 5pm (Pacific)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Garidan Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

** Last minute alert! **

There are rumors about some assistance needed tomorrow morning...
    One such rumor is that the one from another world will cross the rift into the land of the living to ask for your help again! You might find her in the village in the Obol Plains.

There is also a rumor that someone may require your assistance in the Ever Deep! If your adventures take you out in that direction, it may be worth your while to watch for someone near the Thalumbra portal a little later.

Look for these appearances around 7am PST on 7/6/17.
    *Please be aware that if you have already assisted, you may have difficulties assisting again.

*Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.
  5. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Oh no! I just missed the Crafting Challenge! I do so love those. I hope some of you were able to take part in it. The only consolation is that one of the dock workers at New Halas docks told me that Shanely said she would be back towards the end of July to hold one more challenge. I will totally let you know if I get more details. Crafting challenges are so much fun!

Also, don't forget that if there is a Guide Quest you are dying to experience, just let us know here and we will do our best to make it happen!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    A Happy Tinkerfest to you!
    I have it on good authority that a Troubled Tinkerer will be hitting the Antonican Road later today... perhaps you could lend a hand?

Sunday 07/23/17 @ 5pm (Pacific)

UPDATE: Apologies all but gremlins have wormed their way in and I am unable to make it tonight to run this quest. Please keep an eye on this space, I will let you know as soon as I am able to run this!
  7. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Greetings to all the wonderful residents of Norrath on Isle of Refuge!

I am planning on visiting you in the near future to hand out some shinies, but I wanted to have you all vote on the forums what would be the best location and day/time of the week to do that! So, vote away.... I will be checking back throughout the rest of this week and then will post on here where and when I will be next week....

This is your chance to let your voice be heard...

Necroconz
  8. Rosyposy Active Member

Pretty much anytime except for Saturday morning and all day Thursday will work for me. Guide events that are published in advance here go on my Google calendar with an alarm set to remind me. :cool:
  9. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Rosyposy,

I love it! I will wait a couple of more days for others to respond and then post here where the shiny time will be. Also, Rosy, I plan on letting the other guides know that if they post their quest in advance here, you put it into your Google calendar! I love it!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are enjoying all of the summer events going on in Norrath. I am trying to compile a listing of those guide quests you enjoy the most. Please tell me of your favorite memories doing guide quests/events or let me know about that one quest you have heard so much about from your friends, but always seem to miss it. I would love to collect your thoughts and share it will all of the other guides on Isle of Refuge. :D
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Rosyposy Active Member

Off the top of my head:
    • Newsies & Guide's Guide to Thalumbra for sure.
    • Hunting Contest (?) where you get the wolf that gives a speed buff. I surely wish the wolf could be made a little larger, though.
    • The fishing contest that awards a buoy.
    • Any guide quest that awards house items (I like pretty things, though, so the macabre are useless for me.).
    • The snow-woman who gives a snow generator.
    • Quests where you actually do something - chase the pigs, babysit the kids, etc.
    • The baby dragon illusion.
    • Guide shinies! I only have one toon (out of a long list) who has completed all the guide collections.
    • I don't remember what it's called, but the festival where there are several tents and you have to do different things for the guide in each tent.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I don't enjoy storytime, and will avoid attending those.
    Guide food and drink is useless now, cute, but useless. Would be cool if it could be equipped as appearance in primary/secondary/ranged.
  12. Ocarinah Member

I don't think I have been able to do any guide event yet on the 3 characters I have on this server besides newsies and guide's guide. I love any guide event that gives house items (or axe recipe) since I am a decorator. There are so many that give house items too which is amazing. I am not very good at the ones that tell stories cuz I am not creative that way so have hard time thinking up things to add to the stories but I do try from time to time. I can manage when it is the cooking/baking rp one since well it is about food! I haven't been paying attention lately to guide events on any server since I have been trying to finish up big projects that needed to be finished for awhile. I am starting to catch up on my todo list so I will be excited to go to events again. I do plan on adding a toon or two on this server so yes newsies and guide's guide will be needed on those just question of when I have time to add them. AB is my main server but I do have a Building char on every server. I really should get him out more doing these events. I for sure will post requests for specific events when I finally get some time to show up for the events. Thank you very much for everything Guides do! Truly amazing people!!!!!
    Necroconz and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Enertocter Member

I personally like events where you have to actively participate as well, and not just "here's a quest. Bye" or "go fetch this" events. What I mean is events like babysitting dragons, events where you can really get engaged in whatever issue is at hand, help doing several things ... events you'll really enjoy participating in. Basically events where roleplaying is encouraged!

Granted, I stick around and roleplay no matter what the event is, and I enjoy it every time! :)

Of course I understand that not everyone are comfortable with roleplaying, but having them once in a while will give people the opportunity to try it out. Don't worry, roleplayers won't bite! ... not unless you're okay with it that is. ;)
    Lala, Necroconz and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Oh, I am getting so many wonderful ideas! Keep them coming. :D Thanks for the wonderful input Rosyposy, Ocarinah, and Enerlocter. By the way, I too love roleplaying....and sword dancing! /smile
    Lala and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Greetings Refugees! I've heard a few rumors here and there that I'd like to pass along to you all. You never know who you might run into across Norrath over the next few days:
    • [TONIGHT] Thursday, September 21st around 5 pm PDT [8 pm EDT/ Midnight (22 Sep) UTC] - A young fae hopes to impress his sweetie but he seems a bit unprepared. Head to the Enchanted Lands if you can help!
    • Saturday, September 23rd around Noon PDT [3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC] - A dwarven weaponry aficionado will be seeking assistance in the Butcherblock Mountains.
    • Sunday, September 24th around 1 to 7 pm PDT [4 to 10 pm EDT / 8 pm to 2 am (25 Sep) UTC) - Make your way to the Thundering Steppes for some high-flying action and go for the "gold"!
    Now, I'm sure that I haven't heard all the gossip, so be sure to watch this space for further hints about upcoming excitement on the Isle of Refuge!
    Lala and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Lala New Member

Thank you Elyshka! I was able to help ye old dwarf find some remarkable axes yesterday. Many in my guild were very excited to see you guides venture back on the Isle as we've missed you incredibly. Any chance we might see the spirits needing help or find that great map of the far off lands of Thalumbra again soon? We love all that you guides do for us on the Isle so will enjoy any interactions we get. Hope to see you all lots again soon.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Elyshka Well-Known Member

There were some rough seas separating us from the Isle for a bit there, but they seem to have calmed nicely and it looks like smooth sailing from here on out.

I'm certain that there will be many folks in need of assistance in the days ahead, so just be sure to keep an eye here and the Guides will pass along any rumors we hear! (Some of us happen to be terrible gossips. *blushes*)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hello IoR! This is last minute I know but while I was out in the Thundering Steps earlier I saw a pirate setting up a race track. I asked what he was about and he said he would be looking for some guinea pigs err volunteers to try out his new contraption. So if you are willing to lend a hand head on out to the Thundering Steppes at 4pm pacific time! Sept 24

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.

19. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Many thanks to all of you who came out to chat with Penthesalea and I! We had so much fun dancing and chatting with you. I got to see so many cool pets and hats! It was wonderful. I hope to get to see you again soon in the near future now that my ship had docked and I am no longer stuck at sea. :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

************NEWS FLASH*************

I was wandering around Norrath today and I happened upon this most interesting Sarnak, Deosilla Widdershin. She told me that she is going to be in search of acquiring supplies tomorrow, September 26th, at the Druid Rings in the Greater Faydark at 5:00pm PST.

I informed her that I would be working at that time, but I would share the information with all of my Isle of Refuge friends in case they could come and help her. So, everyone, don't let me down. Go help this unusual Sarnak and let me know how it went! I wish I could have gone to see what on earth she might need, but alas, I cannot.