Halls of Fate Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Chayan New Member

Hi we have a large group in Antonic for this event. Worried about the guide as the ratonga is 45 min late.
  2. Kaithren Quest Team Member

My apologies Chayan. I have made note of the issue and will pass it on. I do thank you for your time.
  3. Kaithren Quest Team Member

An Arasai with a new invention is not able to wander too far from home and is need of someone to test it out for him. Should you like to give him a hand you can meet him in The Commonlands on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 2:00pm PT.
  4. Mujie Senior EQ2 Halls of Fate

Greetings Chayan - I understand your frustration in not having Guides show for events. The Guide for this event realized her neighborhood network was accosted but what might be described as a failed device gone horribly wrong. From what I understand equipment around her neighborhood was severely affected by ice. Personally, I feel rogue gnomes were testing something which led to an unfortunate outcome. We'll never know. In desperation our Guide, in a fit of panic, made many attempts to circumvent the circumstances to no avail. And a frantic Guide is not an event one likes to see.

The quest will be rescheduled in the near future.

Much thanks, Chayan
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A Ratonga with a love for poetry has decided to travel to Antonica try something new. Although it seems that they may need a helping paw. Should you find yourself wanting to help, meet with them at 10:00pm PT on Thursday, January 18, 2018.
  6. Kaithren Quest Team Member

On Friday, January 19, 2018 there will be a visitor coming to the Obol Plains. You will find them there at 5:00pm PT.
  7. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A terrible tragedy has struck a Froglok family and they are in desperate need of some help. If you would like to lend them a helping hand you can meet this family in Feerrott on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 9:00am PT.

Also in Norrath.....

Campfire stories! Yes, it's that time again to get cozy by the fire and join Norika and have some fun! So keep a look out in the chat channels for her story-time zone at 12:00 (noon)pm PT on Saturday, January 20, 2018.
  8. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A Dwarf with an obsession is in need of some help with his research. Should you wish to help him out, meet with him on Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 8:00am PT in Butcherblock Mountains.
  9. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A rather unfortunate accident has left a poor creature in search of a new home. It seems though that this has become a difficult task and they are in need of some help. If you would like lend your aide you can meet this creature in Frostfang Sea on Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 10:00pm PT.
  10. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Break out your blankets and keep your eyes on the chat channels because it's once again time for Campfire stories with Norika! You can meet with her on Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 12:00pm (noon) PT. She will be announcing the meeting place when she arrives.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Enertocter Member

Hello everyone!

While we were at Norika's campfire stories today, I made a story myself which I also told everyone. It was a magical story which affected me as the storyteller as well, transforming me and making me act out what's happening within the story ... unfortunately nothing which'll be visible from here. But that doesn't stop anyone from reading it anyway.

Here you go! A strange and magical story about the iksar Sathir (not Venril Sathir, just someone who was named after him). Be prepared it's quite long.

Enjoy!

Read the story here! (open)
    Act one

Once upon a time there lived a small iksar named Sathir. He wasn’t young. In fact, he was fully mature, yet through unknown circumstances, he shrunk so much he’s the size of a child. The only relief, however, is that he’s still himself in his mind, so he can still talk sense into people who think otherwise.

He lived alone in a small house in the woods, which he built himself over the course of a few years. Inside there’s any normal furniture you can think of; table, chairs, bed, chest, wardrobe, all built by himself. Due to his current stature, he’s had to adjust each and every one of so he can actually use them. Quite the undertaking considering all the tools he owns are designed for adults and not children …

Sathir likes to collect things and all around the house are shelves filled with strange objects of various shape and size, treasures if you will. They’re curiosity items like ancient devices, unknown arcana, emblems and memorials, small statues, various accessories, and dolls and a moppet. He’s either found them, bought them or had them as payment for the carpentry he’s done for others. He’s quite proud of the collection he’s made, if it weren’t for the fact that he can barely reach them without a stool.

All this having to adapt everything to his current size has been going on for too long, so now he’s decided to find some expert help to undo this curse. Any of the common magicians were unable to help him before, but he’s recently heard about a few people who might be able to help him. They were told to be a bit strange, yet still capable individuals who could solve many strange cases.

Sathir went off to find one of these individuals, for some reason located in an abandoned cheese factory. Despite being abandoned, the smell of cheese was still strong in the air. So strong one would think it was never abandoned in the first place, yet there were no one there except for the squeaky mumbling he could hear deeper into the factory.

As Sathir went deeper in, the stench of cheese getting stronger and stronger, he finally found the source of the noise and, unfortunately, where the smell of cheese originated from.

“Enters, small ones.” The female ratonga giggles right as Sathir spots her. He wasn’t surprised to find a ratonga in here all things considered.

“De Cheese Makers bes telling Ressee yous bes coming todays.” Ressee turned away from the big bubbling pot in front of her and looked at Sathir, a grin across her face.

Sathir bows before her. “I’ve come t—”

“De Cheese Makers knows what de small ones desires.” Ressee interrupts, fixing her eyes upon his. “And dey tells Ressee to helps.”

Feeling uncomfortable from the gaze, Sathir looks away from her. He could hear her giggling. Sathir clears his throat. “Then can you break this curse? Can you turn me back to normal?”

Ressee turns around and tip toes over to a large shelf filled with various potions, caskets, bags, and jars. She opens one of the caskets and takes out … a piece of cheese? She returns to the pot and, while humming, dips the cheese into it. The smell of cheese intensifies for a moment as smoke bellows out of the pot. Eventually it recedes and Ressee scoops the cheese back up with a ladle. She lets the syrupy content pour off.

“Dis bes what de Cheese Makers tells Ressee to gives de small ones.” She says, holding the cheese out for Sathir.

Sathir hesitates, unsure whether to believe a piece of cheese will help him where many-a skilled magicians could not. Before he has time to recollect himself, Ressee breaks off a piece of the cheese and tosses it into her mouth. “Mmm, if de small ones no want de help of Ressee, den Ressee eats de cheese herselfs.”

Sathir blinks, speechless. Ressee break off a second piece before he hurriedly takes the rest and shove it into his mouth. The overbearing taste of cheese assaults him, as if threatening to consume his mind. Tears go down his cheeks as he chews. Finally, before reaching his limits, he manages to swallow the horrendous cheese. He pants heavily and looks back at Ressee, just as his legs give in.

“Uh, huh?” is all he can say as his consciousness begin fade.

Ressee giggles. “De Cheese Makers bes pleased. Now goes, small ones … finds de dwarfes.” Is the last thing Sathir hears before he pass out.

Act two
    Sathir mumbles. Dere bes strange feelings in Sathir’s body. Rememberings what happens before, Sathir jumps up an looks arounds … to finds no one bes dere. No Ressee, no pots, and no smelly cheeses. Aww, all dem cheeses bes go—

Wait … why bes Sathir thinking about cheeses? And why can Sathir see a fuzzy noses in fronts of hims? Sathir looks at Sathir’s body and finds he bes transformeds into a ratonga! … a small ratonga! Sathir screams, which comes out as a loud squeak.

Tryings to understands de situations, Sathir checks Sathir’s body for any wounds if Ressee bes still arounds, but neither bes dere. Thinkings about Ressee makes Sathir remembers de last she says.

Finds de dwarfes? … what dwarfes? Dere bes dwarfes everywheres in Norrath! Where bes Sathir looking … for …

Sathir stops. Dwarfes … one of dem experts? Sathir recalls one of dem experts bes a dwarfes. But why would Ressee tells Sathir to finds de other experts? Or did de Cheese Makers tells her? Thinkings about cheeses makes Sathir carves for it. Sathir shakes de head and quickly gets rid of de thought. No times for cheeses, Sathir better finds de dwarfes and solves dis problems.

Sathir bes about to leaves when de wind suddenly chills Sathir. Sathir looks downs again and realizes Sathir not bes wearing any clothes! De clothes Sathir comes with bes too large now. Oh dears … Sathir covers what Sathir cans with de clothes he carries and goes to town to buys new ones before he finds de dwarfes.

Sathir finally finds de abandoned distilleries de dwarfes bes residing in. For some reasons, de de distilleries bes shaped like a boats, with de figureheads being a hands holding a tankard. Strange dwarfes and their strange designs …

Not sures what to expects, Sathir enters de distilleries and bes assaulted by strong smells of whiskies. Sathir frowns quickly covers Sathir’s noses. Yeesh! De smell of cheeses bes bet—

Sathir groans. Sathir bes thinking more an more of cheeses after becomings a ratonga. Sathir hopes dis bes ending soons.

De sound of bubbling and dripping bes heard deeper in. With no better clues, Sathir walks on towards de sounds. More smells of whiskies fills de airs as Sathir gets closers to de sounds, a sense of déjà vu hits Sathir.

Finally enterings de “captains quarters”, Sathir finds a female dwarfes standings in fronts of a bubbling distilleries, drinking somethings out of a tankards. Sathir no bes sure, but it might bes whiskey.

“Um, excus—” Sathir begins before beings interrupted by de dwarves quickly holing up her free hands. She continues drinking until de contents bes fully empty.

“Paaah! That ‘its th’ spot!” the female dwarfes laughes heartily. “’s been too long since ah got meself a good drink ‘t enjoy!” she looks overs at Sathir with a smiles. “Oi, oi, oi! Good timin’ hun! C’mere ‘n have sip o’ me new brew! It’ll ‘elp ye wit’ th’ troubles yer havin’!”

Sathir senses déjà vu again, yet slowly approaches de dwarfes. “Uh, Sathir bes tolds to finds de dwarfes. Bes …” Sathir hesitates for a moment. “Bes dat yous?”

Before Sathir can reacts, de dwarfes pulls her free arms around Sathirs neck and pulls him closer. “Aye, hun! Name’s Gilda! ‘n ah’m th’ “dwarfes” yer been lookin’ fer.” Sathir tries to squirms loose, but Gilda’s arm bes holding Sathir in place. “Ah’ve been told ‘t brew ye one ‘o me special brews.”

“But don’t ye believe what th’ ungrateful drunkards be sayin’ ‘bout Tumpy’s tonic! Tha’ drink be my design! S’just me husband be thinkin’ it’d sell better if he used ‘is name ‘stead o’ mine. An’ he be right too, blast it!” Gilda sighs.

“But ‘nuff ‘bout me, ye’re th’ star t’day, hun.” She beams a smiles at Sathir. “Th’ … curse o’ yers just need sum o’ this ‘ere.” She pats a barrels filleds with something smellings like very strong whiskeys.

Sathir looks into de barrels but quickly pulls out from de strong fumes. “You sures dis be helping Sathir?” Sathir asks, coughing.

“Ye never know ‘less ye try, hun!” Gilda laughes loudly as she takes a small glass with her free arms and fills it. She offers it to Sathir who cautiously accepts it.

Sathir bes staring at de glass. Gilda just smiles, but doesn’t urges or incite Sathir to drinks. Sighing befores taking a deep breaths, Sathir closes Sathir’s eyes and chugs de entire content all at once. De burning in Sathir’s throat feels like someones poured molten metals in it. Sathir drops de glass and clutches Sathirs throat trying to breathes, but to no avails.

Sathir collapses on de floors. “Oh! B’fore ye pass out hun, remember ta find th’ gnome! She’ll be th’ last piece o’ ye puzzle.” Gilda says, de last thing Sathir hears being her laughter.

Act three
    Sathir groans. He sits up ‘n slowly opens ‘is eyes. Nothin’ ‘round ‘im again. No trace o’ either Gilda, th’ distillery, or th’ smell o’ whiskey. He’d be lyin’ if he said he didn’t expect that. Thankfully ‘th throat’s doin’ fine … which be more th’n he can say ‘bout th’ rest o’ ‘is body. Now he’s a dwarf instead! A short dwarf!

Sathir’s ‘bout ta scream, but holds th’ thought fer ah moment ‘n looks at ‘is clothes … they all still be on ‘is body ‘n they all fit! Th’ scream turns into ah sigh o’ relief. No déjà vu this time.

Thinkin’ it’d be better ta finish this sooner rather th’ later, Sathir immediately heads o’er ta th’ last expert. He’d betta be able ta fix all o’ this b’fore anyone he knows finds out ‘bout all o’ this.

Sathir finally finds where th’ last expert be residin’ … in ah large workshop brimmin’ wi’ life within th’ city. Fer better or worse, bein’ ah short dwarf made it strangely easy fer ‘im ta sneak wi’out bein’ seen. Though tha’ be impossible th’ moment ‘e enters th’ workshop. Sathir takes ah deep breath ‘n enters.

Despite what he’s been through b’fore, there be gnomes e’erywhere runnin’ ‘round wi’ one thing or ‘nother. “Find th’ gnome, huh” Sathir mumbles ta ‘imself. He sees ah reception desk further ahead ‘n decides ta start ‘ere.

Walkin’ up ta th’ desk, he sees ah male gnome receptionist bein’ busy typin’ on one ‘o ‘em typey thingy … wha’ever they’re called. Sathir climbs one o’ th’ prepared stools fer … short people. He sighs internally b’fore clearin’ ‘is throat ta get th’ gnome’s attention.

“Yes hello …” th gnome turns ‘round ta find no one at first, ‘till he looks down. “… sir, how can we help you today?”

Tryin’ not ta sound annoyed, Sathir responds. “Ah, ah’m lookin’ fer ah gnome.”

Th’ receptionist just stares at Sathir fer ah moment. “You’ll have to be more specific than that, sir.”

… well, crap. ‘ow he’s s’posed ta continue now? Gilda ne’er said notin’ ‘bout what gnome he be lookin’ fer. Okay … lessee if ah can salvage this.

“Ah’ve been told ah’m expected ta come ‘ere t’day?” Sathir meekly tells th’ gnome, hopin’ it’d work.

The gnome looks suspiciously at Sathir b’fore he looks under ‘is desk ‘n pulls up ah folder. He reads several pages, puttin’ all seventeen o’ ‘em on th’ desk. “These are all people who’re expecting someone today. Which one of them are expecting you, sir?”

… well, crap. Th’ hole’s just getting’ deeper ‘n deeper. Okay, last chance. Maybe ah might find any clue when readin’ th’ papers.

Sathir skims through paper after paper, hopin’ ta find th’ savin’ grace fer th’ situation.

Ah minute passes ‘n he still hasn’t found anythin’ hintin’ th’ gnome he’s s’posed ta meet. Lotsa mumbo jumbo ‘bout weird machinery he never ‘eard ‘bout b’fore, but nothin’ soundin’ like somthin’ bein’ able ta ‘elp ‘im right now. Th’ receptionist’s getting mighty impatient too. “Sir, if you can’t find the name of who’s expecting you, then I’ll have to ask you to come back later when you do.”

Th’ name … ‘course, the name! What ah idiot he is. Sathir quickly checks each name ‘n finds one, Ms. Camelia Ritzdriver, luckily th’ only female gnome lookin’ fer someone t’day. “Her, Camelia. She be th’ one expecting me.

Th receptionist isn’t sure we’er ta believe Sathir or not, but concedes. “All right sir. Miss Camelia is in her workshop B-Z 32, floor four, section D-95.” Sathir thanks th’ receptionist b’fore lookin’ fer Camelia. Wait, was it B-D 32, or F-D 42, or … oh dear.

Finally findin’ th’ right workshop after several unappreciated intrusions in th’ wrong workshops ‘n narrowly avoidin’ th’ guard bots as ah result, Sathir knocks on now hopefully th’ right workshop.

… no answers. Sathir carefully opens th’ door ‘n peeks in. Deep within th’ workshop he sees ah female gnome workin’ intensely on somthin’. “’Scuse me?” Sathir tries to get ‘er attention, but th’ gnome’s still workin’.

Thinkin’ he must be right now, Sathir enters ‘n approaches th’ gnome until he’s right behind ‘er. He taps ‘er shoulder. “’Scuse me, miss?”

Th’ gnome screams loudly ‘n tosses wha’ever she been workin’ on into th’ air b’fore stumblin’ sideways away from Sathir. Sathir ‘imself jerks away as well, but manages ta catch th’ device b’fore it crashes onto th’ ground.

“Wow! Nice catch, cutie!” th’ gnome says while bein’ half buried beneath some junk. … cutie? Ah’m cute like this? Not waitin’ fer me response, she stands up ‘n grabs th’ device from me grasp ‘n puts it back onto th’ workbench.

“Oh, don’t worry about the scare you did. It happens all the time when I get engrossed into my work. Luckily, what I worked on didn’t break this time!” Camelia laughs off th’ incident just like that. “Now, why are you— oh! Are you … umm. What was it now again?”

“Ah’m … someone lookin’ fer help ta’ cure me curse?” Sathir answers, unsure whether that be what she be thinkin’ of.

“Yes, yes! That’s it! The ‘curse’ thingy! I have the thing right here in the end of my workshop. Come!” Camelia excitedly responds, pullin’ me along ta where ah large box be located. “Just get inside this transformation device and everything will be fixed in no time!”

Given th’ “experts” track record so far, Sathir is not sure he wishes ta enter th’ device. “Ye be sure this be safe? Ah never really liked strange devices.” He tries ta explain his way outta this one. But Camelia would have none o’ that.

“Don’t be silly, cutie! My devices are perfectly safe! 87% of the time, they fail only once or twice!” Camelia begins pushin’ Sathir closer ta th’ device. He tries ta side step her, but all th’ cables strewn ‘cross th’ floor makes ‘im trip ‘n he falls into th’ device.

Seizin’ th’ opportunity, Camelia closes th’ door to th’ device ‘n turns it on b’fore Sathir can say anythin’. “Don’t you worry! You’ll be fine! Surely!”

“Oi! Ah’ve changed me mind! Lemme out!” Sathir pounds on th’ door, but th’ door doesn’t e’en budge. Th’ gnome knows ‘ow ta make sturdy devices.

Not mindin’ Sathir’s banging, Camelia cranks one lever after ‘nother ‘n finally pushes th’ big red button Translocation.

“Huh? Translocation?” Camelia blinks. “Wasn’t it supposed to be transformation?” She scratches her head and giggles. “Oh well, close enough!”

Th’ device begins ta make ah lotta noise. Sparks begin ta appear n’ Sathir’s beard tingles. He can feel somethin’ beginnin’ ta tug at ‘im. Ah flash appears ‘n suddenly it all turns black!

… th’ void feels empty. ‘ow long has he been ‘ere? Th’ time feels strange. … issat a light? Sathir feels compelled to reach it. And the moment he touches it …

… he flies straight into a wooden wall, slamming down everything on the shelf in his house. Sathir lands on the floor and groans from the pain in his tail … tail? Oh. Oh! He’s back to his iksar self! He’s about to jump up in joy when he’s immediately reminded of the pain he’s feeling. Oooh, that’s going to leave a bruise.

As he carefully stands up, Sathir notices something strange. The perspective isn’t what it used to be … he’s higher up now. Does that mean … Sathir looks around to confirm and it’s true! He’s tall again as he used to be! Finally, something actually worked! Even if it probably was by accident, but now he’s back to his normal self. Not even the fact that all his clothes are now ripped disturbs him right now.

He’s about to look for a spare set of clothes when he notices he accidentally crushed something from one of his collections when he flew into the wall. Sathir picks up the little moppet as it falls into pieces. Poor thing. Oh well, now I can finally enjoy my life again.

Now, to find some new clothes and unadjust every furniture in the house again. Despite the weird stuff that happened during the day, it was rather amusing how things turned out. Apart from the nauseating cheese, the burning whiskey and the murder bots, it was quite the adventure. Who knows? Maybe he’ll find another adventure again someday? But that’s for another day.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A very busy Half Elf is looking for a pick-me-up in between business trips. If you would like to help her you can find her in Frostfang Sea at 8:00am PT on Sunday, January 28, 2018.
  13. Kaithren Quest Team Member

An Erudite with a passion for reading has come across some disturbing news and is concerned about it's validity. She is hoping that these rumors are false, but in case they are not, she is hoping her fellow Norrathians could give her some help. If you would like find out what's got her so upset, you can meet with her in The Enchanted Lands on Monday, January 29, 2018 at 7:00am PT.
  14. Mujie Senior EQ2 Halls of Fate

Greetings Halls of Fate players:

I just received word from Guide Norika she will not be able to perform her role-play on February 4th at 1:00pm (PT). Her next role-play on February 11th at 1:00pm (PT).

Much thanks for your understanding.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Kaithren Quest Team Member

On Thursday, February 1, 2018 there will be a visitor coming to Greater Faydark at 6:00pm PT. They are looking for very brave adventurers to help them with a dire problem.
  16. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A Dwarf with an obsession is seeking help with his research. If you would like to lend him your axe, sword, hand, or whatever weapon of your choice, you can find him in Butcherblock Mountains on Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 10:00pm PT.
  17. Nella Member

Ugh! Been checking the forum daily for Guide's guide quest, just checking now ....guess you did that event 3 hrs ago? :(

I was the one who requested it heh. Any chance we could have it again soon please? =/

-Nella
  18. Kaithren Quest Team Member

So sorry to hear that you missed the event, Nella. I would be more than happy to submit your request for the quest to be run.
  19. Kaithren Quest Team Member

On Sunday, February 4, 2018 there will be some visitors coming to the Village of Shin. They are looking for some creative minds to lend them a hand. If you are interested, you can meet them at 1:00pm PT.
  20. Kaithren Quest Team Member

It is said that there will be a visitor coming to Greater Faydark on Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 10:00pm PT looking for those that are brave enough to lend them their aid.