Halls of Fate Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Thank you for your reply! I would be happy to put your request in for you!
  2. Udaesh New Member

Is there any chance of getting a guide to offer the quest "Techgnical Difficulties" some time soon? In the evening after 5 PT
  3. Gediva SWAT EQ2

You bet! Be on the lookout! Once I hear more, I will try to give you a heads up.

Gediva
  4. Gediva SWAT EQ2

After a bit of cleaning up from all the holiday festivities, I noticed a note tacked to the bulletin board.

It seems an intrepid gnome will be seeking your help with a matter of lost schematics in the Withered Lands, tomorrow, Wednesday, January 3rd around 5:30pm PST.

********************************************************************************************
    Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.

All times shown are considered Pacific Time unless otherwise stated.

Interested in joining the Volunteer Guide Program?

5. Kaithren Quest Team Member

It seems there will be a visitor in Obol Plains. She looks to be offering up a challenge to all who dare to take it on. Should you wish to find out more you can see her on Friday, January 5, 2018 at 8:00am PT.
  6. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A Troll with a passion for food will be stopping by The Feerrott to share a story. If you are interested in listening to the tale, you can find the Troll there on Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 10:00pm PT.
  7. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Who doesn't like a good story next to a warm and comfortable fire? If this sounds good to you, meet with Norika on Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:00pm PT (noon). Keep your eyes on the chat channels as she will be announcing her visiting zone when she arrives.
  8. Nella Member

Could we also have this offered in the evening (pst) as well please?
  9. Kaithren Quest Team Member

I will gladly put your request in for you!
  10. Nella Member

Thank you Kaithren :) Would also be great to have GG of Thalumbra offered in the evening as well.

-Nella
  11. Kaithren Quest Team Member

I have noted your request and I will put that request in for you!
  12. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A business like Half-Elf is on a tight work schedule and is in need of a hand. If you have time to spare and would like to help her out you can meet her in Frostfang Sea on Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 11:00am PT.
  13. Mujie Senior EQ2 Halls of Fate

Tuesday, January 9th

A certain barbarian is looking for newspapers ... no ... that's not it ... well, anyway he's looking for the adventurous type to carry out an expedition to look for news. I think that's right. Anyway he'll tell you all about it ... I think. You'll find him in Obol Plains around 12:00pm (PT).
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Steelbelly New Member

Why so early on a week day. A lot of us work and can't be there to get the quests. The Newsie quest is a very high demand quest. Can you make it after 5 pst or how about weekends.
  15. Kaithren Quest Team Member

I do apologize that you aren't able to make this quest due to the time frame but every Guide's availability differs. We do try to accommodate every player. I have taken note of your request and will submit it for you.
  16. Kaithren Quest Team Member

*looks at the Gnome talking to her in a quizzical way* What!? Strange creatures!? *scratches her head* You need the bravest adventurers to meet you in Neriak. *listens intently to what the Gnome is saying* At 8:00am PT on Friday, January 12, 2018. *looks down at her notepad while taking notes of what the Gnome is saying* *looks back up from writing her notes to see this strange little Gnome walking away*
  17. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A Troll has stumbled across an old book and is wanting to share it's contents with everyone in Norrath. Should you be interested in hearing what is in this book, head over to The Enchanted Lands on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 9:00am PT.
  18. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A Ratonga with a love for poetry has decided to travel to Antonica try something new. Although it seems that they may need a helping paw. Should you find yourself wanting to help, meet with them at 10:00pm PT on Thursday, January 11, 2018.
  19. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Greetings fellow Norrathians!

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 keep a lookout in the chat channels at 12:00pm (noon) PT as Norika will be announcing her arrival for campfire storytime!
  20. Mujie Senior EQ2 Halls of Fate

The Wizard of Kelethin (as a young boy) (with the contributions of Noloban, Livior, Katanine, Enertocter, Pansies, Chayan, Deweia, Lindablair, Furrene, Veduny, and Mujie: apologies if I missed anyone)

Once upon a time; a long, long time ago ... it was maybe yesterday....

There was a young wizard who was learning exactly how to be a wizard. As Krolror searched through his tome, he mumbled to himself, "Now if I could just find that Eupher of Mism, I know it would help me do bigger and better blazes! … Eupher ... eupher ... why couldn't the book be alphabetical?!?! Maybe I should look under Mism?"

His bossy older sister peeped in the living room where he was studying. She giggled as she realized her practice spell had worked.

"Brattygirl, I hear you!" Sarafia Aimabrett, or Saima as she was called, snickered even louder. Krolror threatened to tell on her, if she didn't fix whatever she had done. "Brattygirl, Brattygirl!" he yelled in frustration.
    Read More (open)
    Read More (open)

Saima sighed, tossing her head, "All right, fine. But I get your pie for the next week.”

"Nothing doing," Krolror shook his head emphatically no.

Saima stood there with her arms crossed. "I want your pie."

Krolror grumbled, "Fine, I'll give you the glue pies."

Saima stamped her foot, "No. The good pies!"

Both turned their heads as a knock sounded on the front door. "YO, Krolror! Didya forget our experiment!?" Hermes stuck his head in and looked back and forth between Saima and Krolror, then put his face in his hands and sighed dramatically shaking his head in his hands as he entered. "You two are at it againnnnnn?"

"She spelled my book, AND she wants my pie," Krolror said accusingly. Hermes stood in thought a moment. Then with a boyish grin, he strode over to Saima, pursing his lips up in a big gooey kissy-face.

"Boy cooties!" she yelled, running from the room.

Krolror doubled up laughing. "Way to go, Pally! You got rid of Brattygirl."

Tucked away in her bedroom, Saima wrote in her little diary, "Today Hermes tried to kiss me....” She sighed, singing softly, “Saima and Hermes... sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g...." She had big puppy dog eyes thinking about how cute Hermes was.

Out in the living room, Krolror's face fell. "Awwww, man, what did ya hafta go and scare her off for? Now I won't be able to find Eupher of Mism!"

Krolror went storming into Saima's room, Hermes following. They spied the diary on the bed... open... And Saima laying back on the pillows, twisting her hair dreamily with her fingers.

Krolror snatched up the book but before he could get so much as one glance at it, Hermes snatched it and closed it with a snap, which woke Saima out of her daydream. She startled up, looked around, and gasped in dismay, her cheeks turning rosy red with embarrassment.

"What?!" Krolror demanded of Hermes.
    Hermes shook the book underneath Krolror's nose. "Look, ‘Pally,’" he said with a touch of sarcasm, "I don't care if you and your sister don't exactly get along. You never go snooping!" With a very courteous bow that made Krolror roll his eyes, Hermes handed the mimic diary back to Saima with, "Your diary, M' Lady."

Krolror made gagging noises as Saima beamed up at Hermes. Krolror tossed his spell book at Saima, ordering her, "Fix it."

Hermes nudged Krolror, "Say please."

Krolror grimaced. "Puhhhhuuuuhhhleeeeeeeeze."

Saima grinned and undid the spell, and the tome fell open to "OF... Eupher/Mism.”

Krolror snatched up his spell book, "There it is! Yay! Thank you! You can have my pies, the strawberry ones."

Saima looked down at her diary, knowing that Krolror couldn’t have read it anyway, as it was a diary mimic … but it still had been scary when the boys held it in their hands.

As Hermes followed Krolror out to test the new spell, Hermes looked back over his shoulder and mouthed with a big smile, "Mimic!" at Saima. Saima gasped: Hermes had known! There was way more to him than she had thought. She smiled to herself.

Hermes whacked Krolror on the shoulder, "See you later! I gotta go help Mom."

Krolror nodded, "I'll have this all sorted out by then." Now as you know, Krolror loves his fire spells, and the Eupher of Mism is going to make it a whole lot stronger, but he doesn't know how strong.

Krolror was studying the “Eupher of Mism” enhancement intently while walking around Kelethin. He didn't notice where he was walking when he loosed his "baby" fire spell. Instead of just whooshing and making a nice fireball, it made a huge stream of fire, something like what a dragon would do; and it was white hot, not red and gold as usual.

Krolror yelled, "Success!!!! I shall call this Palm of Nay!" Then he noticed the guards coming up running, and the pails of water started pouring, and the queen's apartments were burning. Krolror slipped away in all the commotion. He got down that ramp in Kelethin that goes to the ground and when his feet touched the grass, he poofed away!

But just before he poofed, he saw a very wise old woman standing there watching all the happenings. He caught sight of her eyes. And as he poofed, he felt a twinge that hurt.

He sighed... and went poof back to the ramp. He went up to the wise old woman (was she really a woman?) and said, "I'm very sorry, Ma'am, where do you suggest I go to make things right?"

The wise old woman said, "First, clean up your poof pile." Krolror looked down... Ooooops, he had never noticed: poofing leaves behind a poof pile.

The wise old lady was still standing there, and she silently handed him a dustpan and a broom with a stern look in her old dragon-like eyes. After he humbly and willingly brushed the poofs up into the dustpan, he went around to the queen's apartment. He was indeed a very handsome boy, and was appropriately sorry. He told Queen Amree he would do whatever to repair, pay back, and mend what he had ruined.

Queen Amree put her head to the side, rested it on her hand, and regarded Krolror thoughtfully. Krolror dared to look up at his Queen's face, and noticed something about the eyes. They looked remarkably like eyes he had just seen… but in a much older face… confused, he looked down again.

Amree remarked, "You are quite an innovator, aren't you, Krolror? That was quite a powerful enhancement to the spell.”

She continued, "All right. Here's what you must do. You must clean up any poof piles you come across. And every day for two hours, you must come to study with my most highly trained mage. You are hereby hired. Young as you are."

Krolror reeled back a little, overwhelmed with such responsibility at such a young age. Amree smiled, "You will make me proud, young Krolror. My highest Mage is a tough taskmaster. You will have to work very, very hard."

For the first few years, Krolror was in training. Well, you can imagine all that “flame on, flame off” practice… and cleaning up bunny poofs all over Norrath (some of the bunnies were positively EBIL … and the stables… and … Well, let's just say that there were days that Krolror despised his Master. The rabbit pellets, there were so many (some of the bunnies were positively EBIL)! And the poof piles.... And we won't say anything about horses...

But that Palm of Nay was a great orc deterrent, saving many lives, and Krolror did come up with many new ideas during his training, to the high admiration of the court and his Master.

Krolror of course, focused on fire spells, but tweaked them. Well, you know how sometimes, it's so cold it burns? Krolror figured out how to use that sensation, called IcyHot (TM). Krolror found out a way to make burning ice. He even figured out a way to make the enemy's feet fall asleep, called Antipode (TM); it doesn't hurt them too much, you know: they just get so discouraged, walking with pins and needles for so long.

Amree was very pleased. Krolror was well regarded and worked so very hard that when the old Master (who was extremely ancient when Krolror came to him) went off into the Ethernere, Krolror inherited the whole lab.

Not long after Krolror went to study under Queen Amree’s High Mage, Hermes got pulled into the void, and it took him 49 years, 364 days to get back. On the day he got back, he was so happy that he was back, he ran to Saima's work place and right there with all the people around. He got down on one knee and held out a ring he made from an acorn, it was all he could get at the moment so quickly. He said, "Saima, I have known you since we were children. I have loved you since we were children."

He cleared his throat nervously, and asked, "Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Saima had never gotten married, holding out hope that Hermes would find his way back. She had been writing books and books of fan fiction of her and her knight in shining armor for fifty years, the long lost being the fuel for her career. Being such a famous romance author, she knew quite well that in such a situation, one should say something all nice and flowery, but her brain simply would not work properly. After a tense minute or two, she gave up and shouted, "YES!"

At the wedding, Queen Amree pulled out all the stops for her High Mage's sister. Krolror put on a fine spectacle of his best spells... but warded everyone so they would do no harm.