Guide of the Month - November 2014 - Guide Riviere

Discussion in 'News and Discussion' started by Ainure, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ainure Member

Riviere said, upon learning she had been chosen Guide of the Month, "Wow what a surprise! I am honored to be chosen as guide of the month."

1. Why did you become a Guide?

I had toyed with the thought of becoming a guide for a really long time before I actually took the leap. A good EQ friend of mine who was a guide urged me, literally, for years to join the program. I took about a 3 year break from Everquest and when I returned I decided I would give this guide thing a second look. Though my EQ buddy no longer plays Everquest I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! I was blessed to land on the Bristlebane server where I have made some very dear friends!

2. How long have you been in the Guide Program?

I joined the Guide Program in March of 2011 so I guess that means I've been guiding for about 3 1/2 years! Wow! Time flies!

3. What games do you guide on?

I guide on Everquest.

4. What is your guide race and class?

I am a woodelf druid!

5. What is your favorite land (zone)?

My most favorite zone in Everquest is Western Wastes! I love to go there to visit the beautiful dragons!

6. What was your best or favorite moment as a Guide?

I have to pick just one? Two funny incidents stand out in memory. One was my very first solo quest. Guide Matille was shadowing me and I chose the quest where I was becomed as a fairy in Kelethin. For some reason I thought fairies could fly, they DO have wings after all! I jumped off one of the platforms in Kelethin and hit the ground hard! We both got the giggles over that and Mati wanted to name me Riviere the Lead Bottom Fairy.

The other was this story told to us by one of the players, Dannynine. We were running a quest where we asked the players what has been your most embarrassing moment in Everquest? The following is Dannynine's story that had us laughing til we cried.

Dannynine says: "I was invisible and running through the Karanas one day when I noticed a young gnome near the gypsy camp. He was fighting a lion and though it looked like he would win the battle, being a fellow caster, I decided to help the guy out. I targeted the lion, clicked on my nuke, then *started* to type: "I'm nuking the lion for you." I got as far as: "I'm " when I remembered that I had replaced my nuke spell with an Area of Effect nuke spell... and that I was standing next to an NPC enchantress. 'Gulp'

My movement keys are mapped to "w a s d" so I frantically stabbed at my keyboard, trying to MOVE and interrupt the spell. I forgot that I was in typing mode! The gypsy enchantress didn't like my attempt to nuke her so she promptly charmed me and made me go after the gnome I had been trying to *save*. I watched in horror as my peace-loving character, knife flailing like a crazed sushi chef, chased the little guy down and stabbed him to death.

I found my victim later and apologized profusely... I even gave him a nice weapon and a piece of armor. He was great about it, and laughed when I told him what happened. He said he didn't know WHAT was going on. One minute he was fighting a lion, the next minute a strange human appeared out of NOWHERE, announced: "I'm wwwaaaddd", then sliced him up like Freddy Krueger.

7. What is your favorite quest, event, or knowledge circle?

By far my most favorite event is the month long Days of the Tests in July. Every year we do our best to run as many quests as possible at different times of the day so that all the players have a chance to participate. The events are so much fun! And every year we make lots of new friends!

8. What has been your worst or least favorite moment during your time as a Guide?

Without a doubt learning that our beloved SMT, Yarlawion, has cancer was the worst time ever as a guide. It was definitely a low point for all of us. But he continues to inspire us with his dedication and perseverance as he continues to teach us and lead us toward our best selves.

9. As a player do you ever run into Guides, quests or events?

Oh yes! Whenever I hear of a quest or event on my play server I try to participate. I know how it can be sometimes when you are worried that you might not draw a sufficient crowd so if at all possible I will join in the fun.

10. What is your favorite thing about Everquest/EverquestII?

My favorite thing is the diversity of the game. When I sit down at my computer and log into Everquest it's like a whole other universe opens up. There is always something to do! It's the great escape!

11. What do you plan to do in the future as a Guide? Any goals?

I guess I plan to do what I have been doing and that is just having fun! Whether just wandering around Norrath meeting players and sharing their adventures or running quests and events, it's all FUN! I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't tried it. The Guide Program opens up a whole other facet of Everquest!
  2. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Congratulations, Ms. Lead Bottom Fairy! :D (Got wings?)

Well deserved honor for you. :)

<3 Mati
    Aegien likes this.
  3. Ryleth Well-Known Member

Congrats Riv, well deserved!!
  4. Encanto Senior EQ2 Skyfire

Good job, Riviere! Thank you for your dedication and service to the Guide Program! :)
  5. Cyph Guest

Congratulations ... we need a servermeeting because I think we just have someone who needs a new lastname ...
    Graithan-Permafrost likes this.
  6. Grithan Guide EQ2 Maj Dul

Congratulations Riviere! Really enjoyed reading this!
  7. Aegien Guide EQ Drinal

Gratz Riviere!
  8. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Congratulations!!! /cheers
  9. Riviere SWAT EQ

Thanks you guys! :)
  10. Sylunee Senior EQ2 Valor

Congratulations, Riviere :)
  11. Ashlanne Active Member

Congratulations Riviere!

I laughed so hard at this :

" I found my victim later and apologized profusely... I even gave him a nice weapon and a piece of armor. He was great about it, and laughed when I told him what happened. He said he didn't know WHAT was going on. One minute he was fighting a lion, the next minute a strange human appeared out of NOWHERE, announced: "I'm wwwaaaddd", then sliced him up like Freddy Krueger."

So good "I'm wwaaadddd" hahahaha love it.
  12. Elyshka Well-Known Member

*cheers for Riviere*
  13. Rogatien Guide EQ Bristle

Well deserved, I must say...
  14. Ashlanne Active Member

You need pie to celebrate. Pie, well because one I am a halfling and pie > cake. Two you are the November Guide of the Month and you cannot have November without Thanksgiving. You cannot have Thanksgiving without pie.

See so you must have pie! Isn't this one pretty?

[IMG]
  15. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

16. Riviere SWAT EQ

That's probably the prettiest pie I've ever seen! Thanks again :)
  17. Croakis Guide EQ2 Antonia

Now granted.. I am just a frog... but how can you post a picture of a pie like that.. and no recipe? o_O

:D
  18. Ashlanne Active Member

Lol I found the image on Pinterest.
    Here is the site: http://hipfoodiemom.com/2013/10/30/...rt-with-maple-custard-from-baking-a-moment-2/

--
    Apple Walnut Tart with Maple Custard
    Serves: 10

Ingredients
    For the Walnut Crust:
    2½ cups walnut pieces (don’t waste your money on halves)
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
    2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    1 egg white
    ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
    For the Custard:
    1½ cups milk (I used 1%)
    6 egg yolks
    ½ cup pure maple syrup
    ¼ cup cornstarch
    ½ teaspoon kosher salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Additionally:
    2 apples (I used Macoun), quartered, cored, and thinly sliced (keep in lemon water until ready to use)
    juice of a lemon
    ¼ cup apricot jam, warmed (optional)

Instructions
    For the Crust:
    Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
    In a food processor or chopper, pulse the walnuts until the are finely chopped, and the pieces are about the size of breadcrumbs.
    Place the chopped nuts in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, tossing together with a fork.
    Press the mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
    Bake for 15 minutes
    For the Custard:
    Pour the milk into a small pot and place over medium heat until small bubbles form around the edges.
    In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the maple syrup, cornstarch, and salt.
    Slowly pour the hot milk over the egg mixture, while whisking, to warm the eggs.
    Place the mixture back into the pot and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a bubble and becomes very thick.
    Stir in the vanilla and transfer to a heat safe container. Lay plastic wrap over the surface. Chill for 2 hours.

Assemble the Tart:
    Spread the maple custard in the walnut tart shell.
    Warm the apple slices in the microwave until pliable.
    Roll a slice of apple into a tight spiral and stand it up vertically in the custard. Continue to arrange apple slices in a concentric pattern, around the first one, building a rose pattern.
    Warm the apricot jam, and thin it with lemon juice. Brush this glaze over the apples, for shine and to prevent browning (optional).
    Allei likes this.
  19. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

That is just awesome!! I love it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.