Email Notification?

Discussion in 'News and Discussion' started by Momo, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Momo New Member

Dear Guides,

please help (I found no way to contact a website administrator or I would have done that instead):
    I'm trying to get email notification for my servers guide events set up, but I cant get it to work. The checkbox "follow thread, receive notification" is checked, and my user settings allow emails. The account I use to log in here has a valid email adress and I do check my spam folders. What else am I missing? Please kindly ask for your help.

Cheers, Momo
  2. Norika Policy Team Member

Hi, Momo,

Just some thoughts I had regarding getting notifications....

Sometimes, you have to check the box, then uncheck it, then check it again. That has worked for me!

Also, you might want to make sure you are checking the right box (I accidentally checked the wrong one when I was in a hurry).

And make sure that the email address that DGC has on file for you is the correct one. Sometimes we all change email addresses and forget to change our contact info.

You can also just check the "What's New" button at the top every so often (I confess, I check at least once a day!)

Hope this helps. I don't want anyone missing out on our fun Guide Events :)
  3. Mem0riam New Member

I am having the same issue. I have un-watched an re-watched the threads, checked junk/spam folders, set safe senders lists. Still no e-mail notifications.
  4. Cyph Guest

Hello!

Did you also make sure you have the email associated with the account confirmed?

Then one neeeds to know that the forums usually only send you an update once - after that you have to log in and check the thread before it will be sending another mail.
  5. Mem0riam New Member

Thank you for the reply Yarlawion!

Now that you mention it I didn't double check to see if my email was verified, and indeed it is. The strange thing is though I have never received an email notification from the Guide forums. I do receive emails from Daybreak about the game and such, just nothing from here.

I know you can't fix the issue per say as that is out of your control but I do appreciate all of your help.

I was thinking maybe a petition/feedback to DBG would be the road to follow.
  6. Udaesh New Member

[IMG]I am having a similar problem. I go to my contact details in my forum settings, and at the top of the page, it says "Your email cannot be changed while your account does not have a password." what does that even mean? of course my account has a password. I also get game update emails, but nothing from these forums