Bertoxxulous Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest Guide Events' started by Ryleth, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Greetings Bertoxxulous!

A ghostly paladin is roaming Stonebrunt and seeks your help with a problem. Join us today, April 13, around 4 pm pst, and see if you can offer him your help!

Watch for the yellow text announcing the start of the event!

(Sorry for the late notice!)

(Running a little late - changed the time on the quest)
  2. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Greetings Bertoxxulous!

We are supposed to always help the elderly and infirmed, aren't we? Join me today, April 19, around 3 pm pst, to help an old blind gargoyle. (He's really grouchy, so be kind!)

Watch for the yellow text that announces the start of the event. Hope to "see" you there!
  3. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Greetings!

We need able-bodied adventurers to help us restrain the jesters. They have escaped from their masters and are threatening to invade Norrath. Please join us on Tuesday, April 25, at 6 pm pt, to put an end to this madness!

Watch for the yellow text announcing the start of the event. Hope to see you there!
  4. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Ahoy there Landlubbers! Ever dream of being a pirate, sailing the high seas and seeking adventure and riches? Join a pirate Captain looking for promising recruits to occupy positions on his newly acquired vessel!

Watch for the yellow text announcing the start of the event on Wednesday, May 3rd, at 5 pm pst. Hope to see you there!
  5. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Ahoy you Landlubbers and Scallywags! It's time to join us on Wednesday, May 24, 2023, around 6 pm pst., for a competition!

Watch for the yellow text announcing the start of the event. Hope to see you then!
  6. Bonzz New Member

Many I know on Bertox (and yes, they are from all four US continental time zones), to include other Guilds, generally raid between 4:30 and 7 PM PST.

So, if possible, doing these around 4 PM or 7PM? 6PM is just mid-raid, at least for many I know. :)
  7. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

I understand your concern and apologize for the incovenient time for folks who raid. From what I have seen, not all guilds raid on the same days and may even raid multiple days during the week.

Remember that guides are volunteers who also may raid, work and have other family obligations. We will try in the future to schedule these events a little later in the evening, if possible. We have guides in all of the time zones so scheduling 7 pm pst is 10 pm est which may be a little late for some working guides. We'll do what we can! :)
  8. Bonzz New Member

QUESTION: Do Guide granted titles now replace a Player's Surname?

I ask because in the recent Pirate Arena event, Omegga was give 'the Drunken Pirate' title, but it replaced his surname.
  9. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

When we award titles, it usually replaces all other titles except the suffix titles (like the ones you can buy in the marketplace). I asked and I believe I can fix his surname if you want to meet me in PoK and we can experiment and get his surname restored. I'll log on now and see if you guys are online.

Update: I did log on but neither of you were online. I'll try tomorrow.

Update #2: Situation resolved! Omegga has his surname and his title.
  10. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Greetings Bertoxxulous!

This is an invitation to join us on Wednesday, June 21, 2023, around 5 pm pt, in celebration of a royal tribute to the King of Felwithe! Only the finest gifts and trinkets will be collected and brought before the king to thank him for protecting his lands and people.

Watch for the yellow text announcing the start of the event! We hope to see you there~!
  11. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Hear ye, Hear Ye!

The Festival of Might is upon us once again. Please join us on Saturday, July 1, 2023, at 5 pm pst, for the Opening Ceremony. Hope to see you there!

Everyone is welcome to join in this month long celebration. Following Opening Ceremony, there will be a quest where you can earn points should you be one of the top 3.

Watch for the yellow text announcing the start of the event.
  12. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Greetings Bertoxxulous!

As promised, we will be running a trivia quest following the Opening Ceremony. You might want to brush up on your knowledge of Everquest lore! Meet us on July 1, 2023, around 6 pm pst, to participate in this contest of knowledge.

Watch for the yellow text announcing the start of the event!
  13. Paladin New Member

An observation for Guides.

On Bertox (dunno about other servers), it is actually pretty common for so many Players to be on that the General Channel is full. This means some Players my be diverted to general1 channel.

In short, Guide Event Spam may either need to be a Systemwide message or in all General channels, maybe?
  14. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Thanks for the question, Paladin!

We do advertise a system-wide message when a senior guide is in attendance. You may have seen the yellow text? Guides can only do a zone message and the general chat message. We also try and advertise our quests on the server forums for players but some are improptu. In addition, we have a guide who advertises on the Discord channel for us.

We sincerely want to get the word out to everyone that wants to join us but on the other hand, we shouldn't "spam" the channels and interrupt other players who might not be interested.
  15. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Greetings Bertoxxulous!

Join Lunalea tomorrow, July 4, 2023, around 3 pm pst, for another Festival of Might event. He'll have you downright busy looking for some lost items!

Keep an eye out for the quest announcement. Hope to see you there!
  16. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Another Festival of Might quest is coming you way on July 5, 2023, around 7 pm pst. Another trivia test? Could be.

Come join us and find out! Points are up for grabs once again if you are competing for that title or title upgrade.

Watch for the yellow text announcing the start of the event! See you there!
  17. Lunalea Guide EQ Bertox

Hear hear!

Another Festival of Might event is coming your way July 8th, around 5pm PST.

I hate to say it but it's hard to conquer all the land when you lose all your freshly forged rings of power! Maybe there'll be a reward if you help me retrieve them! Points for sure, maybe something more...

Don't be square....BE THERE!
    Matille likes this.
  18. Lunalea Guide EQ Bertox

Ahoy!

Another Festival of Might event is coming your way July 9th, around 1pm PST.

*sniff sniff* Does anyone else smell something....fishy?

The ocean mist always brings more points for players to earn. And perhaps, something more...
  19. Bonzz New Member

Todays FOM Scores Update took me backwards. I was 105, finished 2nd (+10), so I should be at 115.
  20. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

I must have added a score twice before Luna posted it on the thread. I rechecked it and you have 100 pts. I even checked it against the quests themselves. My apologies Bonzz. This is correct.
    • 7/01 - 15 pts
    • 7/02 - 15 pts
    • 7/03 - 15 pts
    • 7/04 - 15 pts
    • 7/05 - 15 pts
    • 7/08 - 15 pts
    • 7/09 - 10 pts