Antonia Bayle Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Ryleth, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Bellandu Senior EQ2 Antonia

A story to share, created by SWAT Guide Norika and some fellow AB players.

Co-Authors: Shimmerscale, Sugardust, Lonnuz, Zoysa, Anitestar, Milandrae, Norika
    (Disclaimer: The following is a work of fiction, and in no way is meant to be taken as fact.)

Sam “Sparky” Jones, AKA Winkle

Sam Sparklecog Jones, “Sparky” to his friends, traced a symbol in the scored wooden table top with his dagger. The hooded personage sitting slumped in the rough wooden chair across the table from Sam in the Freeport tavern nodded.
    But Sam Jones is no ordinary gnome. Oh no. To the unsavory elements of Norrathian life, he is well-known for his talents, and goes by “Winkle.”
    "So," Winkle asked quietly, "You want me to snuff out this particular fellow?" The hood nodded “yes” silently.
    Winkle drove the dagger into the heart of the picture he had scratched on the table, then withdrew the dagger. The little gnome got a piece of thin parchment, and laid it over the scratching. A bit of coal, a little rubbing, and there was the impression of the portrait, clear as day.
    Getting up to his full height, which wasn't very much at all, Winkle held out a hand. "Payment!" he demanded.
    The hooded one tossed a pouch at him. Winkle weighed it in his hand expertly. "This is half now, yes?" Winkle confirmed. Winkle bounced the pouch up and down gently. “That will cover travel expenses.”
    The hooded one nodded again, and looked the small gnome up and down, sizing him up. "So small you are. How will do you this?" the low voice asked.
    Winkle waved a hand nonchalantly. "Size matters nothing! Skill can outweigh the weight of someone," he smiled craftily.
    Suddenly the hooded one felt a tug on his hood. A large troll stood behind him. "Here's my "muscle" and “brawn” and “size” and all that," Winkle said, laughing.
    The hooded one looked up into Kroogur the Vile's eyes and suppressed a shudder.
    Kroogur the Vile just grinned down at him ... then glanced at Winkle and nodded his chin toward the doorway. Winkle vanished on the spot, undetected by any patrons of the bar. Kroogur made his own huge way out, shoving a few tavern patrons into the corner where the hooded one still sat. The expected fight broke out, and of course the table was smashed, the portrait forever destroyed when spilled alcohol caught fire.
    About an hour later, Kroogur met up with Winkle on the Docks of Nektulos Forest near the Shady Swashbuckler. Kroogur led a magnificent team pulling a laden wagon. "You got this one, Boss?" Kroogur asked. "Silly hooded thing thinking you were too small for the job!" the troll exclaimed.
    Winkle just smiled confidently and handed over Kroogur's share, then waved goodbye to his cohort and took possession of the wagon and the beautiful horses pulling it. He dug around in the back and pulled out a small bundle of clothes and doing a quick switch, became again Sam Jones the provisioner, and started off on the path into the forest.
    After a while, he reached his destination. One of the Everling servants opened up the door, "Good evening Sam!"
    Sam bowed, and pointed to the laden wagon standing on the cobbled road. "The Nights of the Dead Feast you all wanted, my lady," he bowed gallantly.
    The servant chuckled and shoved Sam a little. "I'm not a lady!" she said.
    Sam replied, "Every woman should be treated as a lady." The servant smiled and let him on in, so great was his charm.
    The other servants, especially the kitchen staff, retrieved all the wonderful Nights of the Dead foods and drinks from the wagon. After an hour or so of busy bustling, down came Lord Everling and his daughters to the feast. The decorators had gone all out. Can you picture it?
    Melting candles ... frosted candy apples … spider webs dragging through the cracked and broken windows ... ghost-shaped frosted cookies … punch with eyeballs in them on the table ... bat and pumpkin decorations …
    All the guests lined up at the buffet and loaded their plates with crunchy bat wings, tiny pumpkin pies, pecan pie with chocolate sauce, roasted boar and exquisitely spiced stuffing, and squash soup in pumpkin bowls.
    Back in those days, the castle was alive with fun and entertainment, dancing and feasting. A string quartet played spooky dance music while the guests whirled and stepped. Everyone danced until the wee hours, drinking festive pumpkin ale, spiced apple cider and cranberry champagne.
    And then.
    Remember, Sam can go invisible right on the spot, as he did in the Freeport Tavern. As you well know, trained assassins can do that. And of course, no one ever suspects jolly Sam!
    The small dagger that was used to sketch the target’s picture on the table in the tavern was driven into Lords Everling’s heart from behind, because that’s how they roll. Noone saw, noone heard; a little whistling gnome resumed his duties in the kitchen, packing up the remains of the feast.
    Kroogur was waiting at the docks as Sam drove on up. "How'd it go, Sparky?" he asked.
    Sam waved his hand nonchalantly. "Good, as always!" he exclaimed.
    Kroogur nodded. "Aight. I go play funeral director now?"
    Sam smiled, "Yep! And I will go see our friend at the tavern."
    Sam was soon settled into the rough chair as before, and opposite him sat the hooded one. Sam drank his gnomish spirits with relish. Sam waited.
    And waited, then thumped his mug down on the new table. Gnomes aren’t exactly known for their patience, you know. "Services were rendered!" he growled. "Payment is due!" The little gnome stood up on his seat to lean over the table toward the hooded one.
    Faster than the eye could see, the hooded one slit Sam’s throat! The gnome had killed his brother, which made him lord -- and he wanted no witnesses.
    Sam clutched his throat and dashed out of the tavern lickety-split, running for his life. He located Kroogur on the Docks of Nektulos Forest, and the troll shaman healed the wounded gnome - but could not dissuade him from seeking sanctuary in the Hedge Hollow, and you will find Sam in there to this day, looking for (as one of the adventurers there at the campfire explained), the small dagger, a skull, and his only source of comfort, the dolly, which he received as a gift from one of Everling’s daughters.

The End!
    Ocarinah likes this.
  2. Bellandu Senior EQ2 Antonia

Saturday, October 15 at 4:30 pm pacific. My bad, I am horrible with dates. This will be not this Saturday but October 29 at 4:30 pm pacific.

Time to party! Nights of the Dead gathering sponsored by your Antonia Bayle Guides. You are invited to attend our party in the Hold of Prexus. Guides will be available to summon you to our home and there will be games, stories and whatever else we can come up with.

Please join us for this event.
    Ocarinah and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Kinyoubi Guide EQ2 Antonia

Herro!

Here's a handy graphic for your viewing pleasure!

Make sure you wear a SCARY costume for the parade!

[IMG]
    Ocarinah likes this.
  4. Devilkiss New Member

I would also love if these would get offered soon. I see they have been asked for this month a lot but did not see where it was offered. I am PST so am pretty flexible. Thank you in advance.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Monitor New Member

Double status week, any chance for guide's guide to Thalumbra?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Monitor New Member

Double status week, any chance we could see guide's guide to Thalumbra?
  7. Tallann Well-Known Member

Both quests made an appearance last Saturday, but we'll see what we can do about repeat appearances for the special occasion. I can't promise anything yet, but keep your eyes peeled and your ears to the ground!
    Ocarinah likes this.
  8. Moonpanther New Member

Any chance of seeing the newsies quest this weekend for double status? Pretty please??
  9. svenhard New Member

Thalumbra, please? I did not see it announced on here for last Saturday, or I would have made sure to be on and pick it up then.
  10. Tallann Well-Known Member

The Thalumbra quest wasn't mentioned here last time, but the Newsies one was. Unfortunately, it isn't always possible for us to mention quests here ahead of time, due to a variety of reasons (most of which have to do with the threatening Real Life demon; for instance, the person who is planning to run the quest might have concerns right up until the last minute that something -- traffic, kids, inclement weather, spotty Internet service, a family emergency, etc. -- will force them to have to cancel those plans, in which case they might decide it's best not to say anything here so people aren't disappointed if the quest has to be canceled without much, if any, warning).

We'll try to get a repeat appearance of both and mention both ahead of time for the special occasion, but again, I'm afraid I can't make any promises yet. Stay tuned!
    Ocarinah and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Bellandu Senior EQ2 Antonia

Here is a chance to get the big quests again!

Monday, October 24 at 5pm pacific come to Obol Plains to help those spirits again.

Tuesday, October 25 at 4:30 pm pacific in Kelethin, all I can say is Thalumbra.
    This Quest will now be Wednesday, October 26 at 5pm pacific.
  12. Anteauss New Member

Thanks for the update!
  13. Arturous New Member

14. Feathers New Member

15. Moonpanther New Member

Thanks!!
  16. Tink27 New Member

How long do the guides usually stay online for to give out these quests? I work until 5:30pm these days....
  17. Bellandu Senior EQ2 Antonia

Both of these tend to last 1-2 hours as a rule. Depends on how many people show up. Figure at least an hour.
  18. Tink27 New Member

Alright, thanks :)
  19. Tallann Well-Known Member

This one is available during certain Nights of the Dead-themed quests. If you encounter any of those (you'll probably know them when you see them), feel free to ask about it! It will also be available during our upcoming Nights of the Dead party, which is on Saturday, October 29th, at 4:30 p.m. PST / 7:30 p.m. EST.
  20. Feathers New Member

Not sure I understood what you mean with the certain NotD themed quests, but I guess I will try to make it to the party! Wasn't sure if it'll be distributed during the party. Thanks!