Senior Guide Elyshka

Discussion in 'News and Discussion' started by Dinendall, May 13, 2023.

1. Dinendall Elder Guide

With great sadness I want to let you know that Senior Guide Elyshka (Ely) passed away suddenly yesterday.

To us she was a fantastic Guide, Senior Guide and headed up the Quest team for quite some time, many of the quests you all know and love will have either come from her and the team or been tweaked at some point by her.

A collaborative author of the Guide Gazette and generally a great fun filled, high spirited person to be around, Ely never stopped contributing and helping the Guide Program, always willing to help anyone out and continually dedicated up until she left the program.

[IMG]

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I will miss her - she had left the program, but the thought now that she will never return means she'll be missed even more.

Feel free to share any stories or memories of Elyshka.

[IMG]

RIP Ely x
    Rynara likes this.
  2. Riviere SWAT EQ

Ely had such a fun sense of humor and was so clever. We spent many, many late nights chatting and working on quests. She was a true treasure and I miss her even more now that I know she won't be returning. God bless Ely and her grieving family. :(
    Yareth and Rynara like this.
  3. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Elyshka was an amazing Senior! I am deeply honored to have been given the chance to know her as one of our seniors on HoF.
    My she rest is blessed peace! You will be deeply missed! My condolences to her family.
  4. Zanzu Senior EQ2 Halls of Fate

Truly heartbreaking news.

Elyshka was a wonderful Senior and Mentor, she took a silly gnome under her wing on quest team and gave me a far greater respect for Quest scripts than I could have ever hoped for. We spent many an evening discussing quest edits and all things Guiding.

She was also one of the two people who contributed most to me becoming a Senior Guide myself.

Though she is gone, her influence on those around her will never be lost or forgotten. I always held out hope that she might come back to Guiding one day, so this feels like the end of a story cut short far too soon. She will be missed.
  5. Matille Senior EQ Bertox

I didn't know Ely as well as some of you, but she was always willing to help me out on EQ when I needed an extra guide. I appreciated all she did for the program from her server on EQII to her contributions to the Guide Gazette. I always looked forward to reading it. She had a great sense of humor and showed a lot of kindness to her fellow guides. Rest in Peace and Love, Ely. You will be remembered <3
  6. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

Ely!
    What an amazing person. She really did so much for the guide program. Her creative touch is continuing to be felt every time I see her old postings. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. I am heartbroken.
  7. Yareth SWAT EQ

The world is a little less bright today. Senior Guide Elyshka left indelible marks on the Guide Program as a whole. In her role as Quest Team Chair, she was a conservator of our rich and colorful history, an innovator and a truly creative soul. I had the honor of joining the Quest Team under her guidance many years ago.

Ely touched the lives of everyone she met. She was the kind of person who made you feel seen. She encouraged us, built us up, and sometimes just made sure we were okay.

My heart breaks for those of you who knew her intimately. Her presence has been sorely missed since she resigned and our hearts will continue to ache in a very different way with the knowledge that she is no longer with us.

Thank you, Elyshka, for everything you did for us. We will never forget you.
    Rynara likes this.
  8. Denmum New Member

My heart is aching so much right now, for myself, for her family, her friends and her community. I got to know her first when she was active in the guide program and I was still a player, but we continued to keep in touch on Facebook once she left the guide program.

May the memory of her humor and sense of fun bring you more fond smiles to counterbalance the grief.
    Zanzu, Rynara and Yareth like this.
  9. Rheloshan SWAT EQ

Oh no, how devastating. I'll miss her ready humor and enthusiasm for quests.
    Yareth likes this.
  10. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

I am desvated hearing this news.
    Yareth likes this.
  11. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

It has taken me a bit to respond to this because I truly could not put into words how I was feeling.

Ely and I became quite close before she left the Program. We shared family pictures, pictures of pets, real life crafting items we created and meals we have cooked. We talked for hours about how much we loved Guiding and playing the games. We shared a bazillion memes of whatever our mood was for that day. Talking to her was one of the bright spots of my day and I am so happy I got to know her.

She was a force of nature when it came to Questing, with all her spreadsheets, tracking lists, wish lists for both platforms and her creativity. When we would run quests together her roleplay skills were full of fun, wit and comedy which always pulled the players in and made the experience amazing not only for them, but for me.

Ely, you will be missed and I will never forget our conversations, our quests together or Guiding alongside you. Most of all I will always cherish our friendship. Rest in Peace my dear friend.