Halls of Fate Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 26, 2015.

1. azryan New Member

Any chance we can get these two quests rescheduled pretty please? The newsies and guide one.. Hope all is well with the guides...
  2. Nella Member

I'll second that. Please schedule Newsies and Guide's Guide again :) If possible, evening (pst) would be great. Also hope everything is ok.

-Nella
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Kaithren Quest Team Member

"Hoping a guide will still hop on tonight...there is a good-sized crowd waiting. If not, hopefully we can get a reschedule soon. Thanks!" - Quillyne

Thank you for your time Foodcity and Quillyne. I hope everyone was able to do this quest tonight. My apologies if not. Please keep checking back on the forums. I will pass on your concerns. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
  4. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Greetings Azryan;

Thank you so much for your request, I will be more than happy to put that request in for you!
  5. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Greetings Nella,

Thank you for your request. I will be more than happy to put your request in for you. Please keep checking back for the going's on here on Halls of Fate.
  6. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Greetings my fellow Norrathians!

I have some news for you about some visitors coming to visit in a short time.

* On Thursday, July 12, 2018 there will be a Gnemlin in Greater Faydark. He is looking for some help from some daring and brave adventurers. Should you wish to lend your aid you will find him there at 5:00pm PT.

* Do you love adventure? How about a daring challenge? If so, there will be a visitor coming to the Obol Plains on Friday, July 13, 2018 who is offering just that. You can meet them there at 5:00pm PT.
    Nella likes this.
  7. Playz4fun New Member

Hooray! Thank all our wonderful Guides for giving of their time. Noted on my calendar so I don't miss the fun!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Kaithren Quest Team Member

You are very welcome! I do hope you enjoy the events!
  9. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Greetings fellow Norrathians!

I have my very first story I have told that I would like to share with everyone. I'm not very good at all at story writing and telling but I thought I'd give it a go. Fellow Norrath friends Fruity, Olivetta, Zookey, and Guntar helped me with it's creation.

The Nameless Bard

A Bard, whom wishes to remain nameless takes a trip to Maj'Dul
    He roams Maj'Dul looking for a specific thing...
    He's not quite sure what exactly this thing it is he's looking for but he's searching for it
    He can't sing and is terrible at telling tales
    He doesn't do to terrible of a job at fighting though
    Does he wish for a lute that will withstand a battle rather than a good song?
    He's not quite sure
    Perhaps a gander around a nearby inn, if he could find one, maybe there is a good bar fight
    Frustrated and confused he wander about aimlessly thinking of what it is he is looking for
    He doesn't have long as his ship will be at the dock in the evening and he doesn't want to miss it, again....
    Suddenly he was approached by one of those strange merchants
    A gruffy looking man he was
    He is leary of this old man and looks at him with a cautious look
    "Young man"...the old man says....."you look lost. I have been watching you wander about in a dazelike state"
    "Really?"...says the Bard
    The old man nods
    "This is no place for a young man, such as yourself, to be wandering about...danger lurks in these streets"
    The bard can't help to think of having a good battle as he hasn't had one in quite sometime
    "Why would you worry about me, old man?"...the bard questions...."I am no one to you"
    The old man is taken aback by this young mans tone
    "You are right"...the old man replies....."but a man as old as I knows a thing or two and when strangers lurk in strange lands, old men like me question the likes of men like you"
    The bard snickers
    "Old men like you should be at home if these streets are as bad as you say. I am young and able to fight."
    The Bard puffs out his chest
    The old man shakes his head
    "From the sounds of your tone young lad you are looking for a fight, and a wise man would know better than to mess with the bandits here" The old man retorted
    The young bard wonders just how bad these bandits could be
    So he says to the old man....."perhaps I should walk you home. We wouldn't want a bandit to bother you on your way home"
    The old man ponders
    "I am weary from my journey today and you seem like you need a challenge so why not"
    The Bard waits while the old man closes up his shop and then follows the old man home
    As they come to the old mans home the old man says to the Bard "Not much activity in the streets tonight but a good merchant never lets anyone go home empty handed. "
    "he old man gestures for the Bard to come on in
    The bard stands in his place for a moment deciding if he should or not
    With reluctance he decides to go inside the old man's home
    He closes the door behind him
    "I will be right back" says the old man
    he Bard stands at the door...looking around the old man's home
    He doesn't have much...
    The usual fireplace and cook pot, an old chair near the fireplace that looks old and heavily worn, a table, some books, food on shelving...and the closed door to the room the old man went into
    After a short wait the old man emerges from the room
    Bent over with age and walking slowly towards the Bard he notices a small bag in the old man's hands
    "What could that be?" The Bard wonders
    The old man stops only a small distance from the young nameless Bard
    The old man looks up at the Bard and says...."this is something given to me when I was young and I thought I knew more than an old man like me"
    The bard grinned and looked back at the old man
    I want you to have it and keep it with you, for one day you will be old like me and you will see a young man like you. For them it may be a reminder when they look lost like you do"
    The Bard wrinkled his eyebrows at the old man and agreed to take the bag
    As he began to open it the old man quickly said "Do not open it yet"
    "You must wait until you leave Maj'Dul before you do"
    The Bard nodded to show he understood the old man
    "I must get some rest now. Thank you for the walk home young man" The old man said
    As the Bard opened the door to leave and just before he left he turn to the old man and said "Thank you"
    By then the old man was nowhere to be seen
    The Bard then left the old mans home and closed the door quietly behind him
    It was then he realized that he must begin to make his way back to the Sinking Sands or he will miss his boat
    All the way back the urge to want to peek into the bag the old man gave him nagged at him
    Should he open it? Shouldn't he open it? What would it matter if he did or not?"
    He decided to wait until he got on the boat.
    The bag was a small leather bag...worn and old looking
    It was quite light as well....for a leather bag that is
    As he neared the dock he thought to himself..."what could be in this bag?"
    As luck would have it he got to the dock early. That was a first for him. He usually ends up missing his boat and ends up in some stable somewhere for the night
    The boat arrives...right on time
    The young bard boards the large vessel and looks for a place to sit
    The boat is filling up and there is no where quite enough to sit alone
    Then he finds a spot
    In the back near the cargo is a bench with no one nearby
    He sits down and places the bag the old man gave him on his lap
    Eagerly he begins to untie the bag
    Once the bag is untied he slowly begins to open it
    Unsure of what's inside he gives the bag a small wave about in the air...just enough to see if something will move or make noise
    Curious he opens the bag enough to peek inside
    "What? What is this?" He says to himself
    He reaches inside the bag
    He pulls out a piece of paper and a small wrapped object"
    He places them onto his lap and put the bag next to him on the bench"
    He picks up the small wrapped object and inspects it for a moment before he begins to open it"
    Inside is a small rock. Nothing he's ever seen before
    He wrinkles his eyebrows while looking at this strange rock
    He then puts the rock back on his lap and picks up the paper that was also in the bag
    He carefully unfolds it
    Written inside is note....the ink mostly faded but still mostly legible
    It read: "When one finds oneself lost and seeking an answer.....The things that we overlook are the things that have the answer. "
    The Bard ponders this riddle for a moment before folding the note back up
    He puts the note and the rock inside the bag and wonders if this was the thing he was looking for
    Or was it the strange old man he met
    With those thoughts in his head on his way home he knew a few things for sure
    He still could not sing and he was still terrible at telling a good tale
    Kloo and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Kloo New Member

Very good story, Kaithren. Going to get myself a notebook ingame and put this one in it! Wish I had been there during its creation.

Kloo (aka Kazzie)
  11. Silentblades New Member

is there anyway i can get a guide to log in and give the quest

The Nebulous Newsies

just got back to game from a long break and really need the status to level my guild thanks
  12. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Greetings Silentblades!

I will be more than happy to put your request in for you!
  13. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Good morning fellow Norrathians!

I have here a story to share with you. It is called "The Clacker Wrench and the Gnome Sync Band." It was created by Seefar, Anthousai, Silkoraz, Schniikolas, Noloban, and Guide Norika. Grab yourself a cozy blanket and something to snack on and enjoy the story. ;)

The Clacker Wrench and the Gnome Sync Band

What was that splendiferous sound? Clacker Wrench knew he heard something -- and there it was again.

It was music, steamy music, and Clacker Wrench loved it!

The gnome stopped steaming and just encoded. Then he started state-ing his toes.

Before Clacker Wrench knew it, he was eating his head and arms too. Metaphorically, of course!

Now Clacker Wrench wanted to sing to the music. He had to sing; he just couldn’t help himself.

When he opened his mouth, out came a false sound. Clacker Wrench was quite possibly the truest singer in the whole world.

He felt silky! He had finally discovered the joy of singing and nothing was going to stop him from getting out and finding a group to sing with.

But how? He was a quantum gnome, and they were the dodgy sort. Even so, he set out to find a band.

First, Clacker Wrench put on gnomish travelling clothes. As all wrong singing gnomes would, he wore a terrifying hat and smelly pants.

Then he rambunctiously threw his bright backpack on his back and started off scornfully.

Soon, the day became a little whiffy. The sky was frabjous and Clacker Wrench felt faelicious. He took a super awesome breath, declined his head, and kept conjugating smoothly.

Before long, Clacker Wrench heard it again -- that sound. Steamy music.

He started levitating scarily. He chuckled. And there it was!

A musical gnome’s oasis, full of other translucent gnomes singing brightly.
    Clacker Wrench thought, “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! 1) Gnome-Sync!!
    Kloo likes this.
  14. Kloo New Member

And now I need another notebook! Thanks for the great story!
  15. Silentblades New Member

many thanks i am on most nights very late i am Central timezone will be on all night tonight thanks agian
  16. Kaithren Quest Team Member

A curious Gnome, is looking for anyone that is willing, to help her with some research she is doing. For more information on what she is in need of, you will find her at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains at 10:00pm PT on Thursday, July 26, 2018.
  17. Kaithren Quest Team Member

Good morning everyone!

I have heard word that there will be a visitor coming to the Obol Plains on Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 10:00pm PT. If you are itching for a challenge perhaps you'd like to stop by.
  18. Kloo New Member

Waiting for the gnome in Gnomeland Security. Is he/she going to be there or did I miss it?
  19. Enertocter Member

You aren't happening to mistake PM for AM, are you? 10:00 PM should be in about 11 hours from the time of me writing this post.
  20. Kloo New Member

Oh duh, as a matter of fact, I did mistake PM for AM. Better set my alarm for 1:00 AM ET. Thanks Enertocter!