Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

I'm sure it will. Just keep your eyes on the forums for the announcement.
  2. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Don't forget to check out Greater Faydark, by the portal to Thalumbra, tomorrow 6/7/16 at 800 PM PT, you might find someone in need of a bit of help there.
  3. Fyuri Active Member

don't forget- this saturday- June 11 - at the docks in new halas- 4:30 pm pacific- the block party
    Miriele likes this.
  4. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Looking forward to it :)
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

In the .... hopes; of Role Play potential, with all of my personal illusion items on my person, and a bag full of [FREE] illusion-enabled totems in tow... I shall be there.
    {hope the bag does not rip, would hate running around after these totems like marbles on the ground}
  6. Fyuri Active Member

this was wonderful and fun. he was so swamped. it was our pleasure to help out. we will gladly help anytime you need us.
    [IMG]
  7. Fyuri Active Member

oh and please tell our dwarf friend that the players love him too. i was in another window and he told me that as he left. we really loved the way he stayed around and got as many as he could. there was finally a lull and i told him he had best leave while he could. sure enough there was a large group that came in after he left. i explained they could find the next announcement here and on the maj'dul server facebook group
  8. Fyuri Active Member

i will be bringing tinkered house pets, illusions, and other fun stuff including divining rods. you are welcome to bring some too because i might run out this time - maybe - and regardless we will probably have different stuff. you can get with me to find out exactly what i bring
  9. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

He said thanks.. you guys were so helpful. Keep your eyes open.. he ran out of maps and needs to make more, but he'll be back as soon as he stocks up.
    Fyuri likes this.
  10. Cloudrat New Member

Sure appreciate that Max stuck it out to the bitter end and I was able to get all my alts the quest:) An interesting evening of watching kids play, adults admonish and pumpkins flying while Max was trying to assure everyone got the quest:)
    Thanks!!! Now if I can just get the times straight and make it to Thurgadin for one round:)
    Fyuri likes this.
  11. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Maj'Dul

Due to a family situation that has come up (nothing serious, just important) I am changing a Quest date and time, and adding another to make up for it, hehe.

• I have heard stories of a mighty dwarf looking for adventurers willing to take on a challenge! Do you have what it takes to be as strong as the historic Stormshield family? Stop by Eastern Wastes near the Gates of Kael Drakkel on Thursday 6/9/16 around 8pm PT (this is a new day/time) to see if you can handle the task he has to offer!
    • It has been rumored that many brave adventurers may still be available to assist the citizens of Maldura! Stop by Kelethin, near the Thalumbra Portal on Sunday, 6/12/2016 around 12pm PT to see if you are the one they are looking for! Remember this is not a repeatable task!
    Thank you all for understanding, and for being patient as always. /hugs

Note : All times shown are in PDT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice
    Fyuri likes this.
  12. Vasciagio New Member

I had a blast at the guide event. Thanks so much. I brought out two accounts and got the mapping quest on about 10 chars. I was able to level my guild from level 79 to level 83 in one night.
    Fyuri likes this.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

I was using the last of my pumpkins and attempted role-play with the few who would whilst awaiting our fateful messenger.
    I was made aware that the harvested pumpkins were potentially interfering with the event, I abstained.

I have no problem in attending unique events repeatedly just for the ambiance, but do not wish to cause interference nor confusion,...
    That I may have a proper understanding of these types of events, are they:

* Role Play Opportunities

or

* Feeding of the Piranha

or

* Something I have yet to Grasp

Thank you for the feedback and insight.
  14. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

With any Quest or event where large crowds may be present, any additional items such as pets, mercs, ponies, goblins etc, can actually cause a distraction and additional lag or difficulty for all involved. We always support participation, however, if you wish to do things that are not related to the event, such as dropping pumpkins on the ground, it would probably be best done in an area well away from the crowd or Quest giver.

All Quests/events are different and will bring in different amounts of players for participation, role-play, storytelling etc, but when you have an event where hundreds, or even thousands of players show up, anything extra in the general area can cause problems for those that are there.

We put up a helpful post for large events like this HERE to ensure that everyone who comes to these events is able to enjoy them to the fullest.

I hope this helps :)
    Fyuri likes this.
  15. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

/e pulls out Gnome-made Crystalline Composite Sphere of Scrying to determine "peak hours."
  16. Ocarinah Member

In case anyone is interested I just posted a Spoiler in Norrathian Homeshow thread on forums of the walk-thru of the newest guide event. Here is the link.
    Fyuri and Cloudrat like this.
  17. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Another one of our wonderful Guides posted that, I just copied it over to Maj'Dul's forums to help with the crowd control as some of these Quests can get quite hectic as many of you know. The bottom line of that post is, if you come across an event with a huge crowd around a Quest giver, it helps if there are no added factors to the already very busy situation :) We love bringing you these events, and want to make sure each and every player enjoys the experience to the fullest.

As far as peak hours, that really can be any time depending on your time zone :)
    Fyuri likes this.
  18. Fyuri Active Member

for the information of any reading this forum who might be upset that my toons were trying to help with crowd control, i specifically asked the guide if i could help him. he replied yes that would be good. so i helped in all the ways i knew how.

i have heard people complain in the past when players tried to give instructions. however, it is hard to type out things like "Please suspend mounts, pets, mercs and shrink. " while trying to give out the quest. he did a wonderful job, but was quickly becoming overwhelmed.

before he even finished giving the quest for the first group there, people were bringing in alts and crowding him. people who had been there since the beginning were not being seen. when i asked, he told me all he could see were crowds of bodies and couldn't see anything over them. After all, he was a dwarf.

people were refusing to get off mounts- i then realized they didn't know they were still on their mounts. if your mounts don't render, then you don't know they are still up. so i sent tells to those on mounts. people were so tiny he couldn't see them. so i sent tells letting them know they were still shrunk.

it is about common sense and courtesy. he couldn't target people in front of the portal, so i sent tells asking them to move. we finally got people to line up away from him. and yes, if you were grouped it helped because the leader can get this quest too and then you will get it automatically. he wasn't sure that would work at first.

he was very happy that i was helping him. it worked well.

if you want to help a guide at an event- always ask first. too many helpers will cause confusion. but i made some commands for macros if you want to try to help at an event where i am not around- since i don't always make it out there.

also it helps to stand away from him but behind him so that it is obvious you are not after the quest.

the macros i made (i put the first group on one macro and then added the others as individual macros so i could say only those as needed): (i put /say before each line)

Please suspend mounts, pets, mercs and shrink.

Please don't crowd, they will get to everyone.

Please back away from the guide and form a line.

Please try to get in groups so it will go faster.

If you have gotten the quest, please back away from the group before camping.

(first set)

Has everyone gotten the quest?

Please do not stand near the portal. He can't target you there.

If you are on a mount, you will not get the quest until everyone else is finished.

If you crowd the guide, they can't see you. Please back up and get in line.

Thank you for cooperating.

You can find information about the next time the quest will be offered on the guide forums or on the Mad'jul Server facebook group.

I also sent the last ones as tells when needed.

hope this helps you get more help when needed. sometimes a helping hand can make things go faster and more smoothly.
  19. Fyuri Active Member

usually the first hour or so of giving out the quest while there are still crowds of people is the "peak" hour

especially if it is a popular or new quest
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  20. Cloudrat New Member

Options>Display> Animations>render mounts>never show (flying ones show if in the air) This option used by people including the guide helps more than constantly telling people to dismount. If the guide uses it then he won't be disturbed by them and the rest of us won't feel like a bunch of unruly kids are being admonished by their parents all around us. People are coming and going when quests are being given and don't always remember to dismount. It's a public event, not a private party and should be done in the spirit of fun :)
    Also every server, save one, did not ask to have groups disbanded since grouping helps speed things up, since the whole group gets the quest at once:)
    Fyuri likes this.