Skyfire Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Leonitas Member

+1 :D
  2. Jyde New Member

Wanted to put in my request for the newsies this weekend also =)
  3. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

One will be waiting on the Halas Docks today at 5pm pacific (5-29) They were muttering something about fungi. Go see if you can lend a hand!

*Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.*
  4. Lucus New Member

Quote from EQ2 forums:
    Nobody on the EQ2 forums have heard of the underlined quest and there are no quest walkthroughs online that i can see.

So i figured i'd ask if we could get The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra on skyfire sometime. :D
  5. ratza New Member

Can you post a day/time when you will be offering Newsie's again?
  6. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

We will probably offer Newies up again this weekend. We will post it here when we know for sure.

Happy Questing.
    ratza likes this.
  7. Keiona Senior EQ2 Skyfire

I hear a rumor that at about 5pm PST tonite 6/3 there will be a person needing assistance who will send you on a dangerous adventure to Thalumbra. For those brave enough you should be able to find them near the portal to Thalumbra in Greater Faydark. (hint this could be the one you saw mentioned on the forums ;))

*Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.*
    Lucus likes this.
  8. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

I hear that one from Thulumbra will make his way to the surface on June 6th at 6pm pacific. He is asking for assistance with a dangerous and once in a life time mission. You will find him in Neriak near the Portal to Thalumbra.

Lucus likes this.
  9. Cloudrat New Member

Evil can go to Mara or GF thalumbra portals easily, but goodies can't easily hang out in Neriak even at level 100.
    Maybe Neriak is a less desirable location?:)
  10. Lucus New Member

thank you very much, the status is delicious!

i apologize for the so many ***** crowding you and making things take longer and be less efficent in their desire to get the quest NOW when others have been patiently waiting and not putting their junk in your face.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  11. Kuulei New Member

The portal is right there on the dock in Neriak, it should be safe if you don't venture from there
  12. ratza New Member

You can make it to the docks after you zone into Neriak but you have to be careful. Other option would be to have a evil toon zone in and plant a guild flag.
  13. Lateana New Member

Connae thank you on behalf of the Warriors of Wisdom!!!! We appreciate your patience even though many other folks (not us) were taking up more than their fair share of space with large mounts, oversize pets, mercs, and pack ponies as well as jumping in front of short characters.
  14. ratza New Member

One way to solve the problem some of you have about people on mounts is to turn off mounts so you don't see them unless you/they are flying. :) I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm pretty sure the guides have mounts turned off in their options.
  15. Lateana New Member

Turning off mounts helps, but giant mercs, attack pets, familiars, gathering goblins, pack ponies, and deity pets are still visible.
  16. Nitestormsfury New Member

Even if the guides have mounts turned off it is still an issue. They are in the way of other people who want to see the guide as well as it causes lag. I know the guides ask us a lot to please dismount and dismiss pets, mercs, warders ect. We as players should know this by now and just do it out of consideration for the guides and each other. And for heaven's sake! Don't but in front of others! The guide will give us the quest! We don't need to hail them over and over and butt in front! So next time the guides run this quest lets act with respect and kindness for all! Dismount and dismiss everything that is not needed! I would not be surprised if one day the guides just say "Forget this! If you can't cooperate with our requests then we are not volunteering to give it to you anymore!" Something to think about!
    Lateana likes this.
  17. Ysonoko New Member

Can we please have a newsies guide event?
    Learned yesterday that each character can only do guide events once.
    Newsies is the only other one I know, and only one of my characters have done it so far.

Also, what other guide events are there besides Guide's Guide and Newsies?

Thanks in advance!
    ratza likes this.
  18. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

We run so many quests that it would be near impossible to list them all and we are adding new ones all the time.
    We are happy you love to come and join us for our little quests and hope you keep your eye out for upcoming events. Not all are posted here. Sometimes you just have to be watching your general chat channels for impromptu guide quests.
    I notice that people still haven't gotten all their toons a newies bag, so.....

Look for a little Halfling up in Cardin Ward tonight around 7pm pst and get yourself the quest.

I understand it is short notice, but if you are around please stop by tonight (June 8) around 7 pm pst

Halflings have short legs so they might not be able to see everyone if you are mounted and have your pets out.

Happy Questing!
  19. Ysonoko New Member

Thanks a bunch for the reply, and thank you for the Newsies event tonight!
  20. Misstii New Member

Hi Kaukumu!

I really appreciate the guides so very much! I know how hard it has to be for you to pass out these quests and how much patience you need to have in doing so.

I play very sporadically and sometimes do not get on for days. Is there any way you could plan a Newsie quest and post about it a few days in advance? I would love to not only get the bag, but the status for my guild as well.

Thanks in advance!
    ~Misstii