Antonia Bayle Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Ryleth, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Xianthia New Member

That's fantastic news, thank you so much! :)
  2. Ocarinah Member

Thanks so much for the events today. The story was awesome and getting newsies during double double is super duper cool.
  3. Andura Guide EQ2 Splitpaw

I heard a rumor that today May 24th at 10:00 AM Pacific, 1:00 PM Eastern there will be a Half Elf looking for some assistance in New Halas.

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
  4. Bellandu Senior EQ2 Antonia

Due to illness the quest scheduled in Frostfang Sea for 1pm pacific Tuesday, May 24th will not be run. It will be scheduled at a later date. Guides are people too and do suddenly get sick on occasion.

Wednesday, May 25 at 1pm pacific - A gnome will be in Frostfang Sea across from Pilgrims Landing looking for help with some new lights he is working on.
  5. Ocarinah Member

Dang dang dang. I am sooo sorry for missing this. My hubby kept me up all night because a new game he wanted to try released at 2 am so I was so tired I forgot to check for any events scheduled this morning.
  6. Ocarinah Member

Thank you for posting update and letting us know in game as well. I really hope the guide is feeling much better.
  7. Anran Arnar New Member

After almost 4 years of eq2 I found that eq2 does have guides and guide events!! I did not know that I am very happy. I have my own role play guild on Antonia bayle server.

I have 2 questions I was wondering if any of you nice players might know :rolleyes:

The Newsies Guide Event for status when is the next one coming up I missed it and want to do this wonderful event ?

The quest for the Royal Scrolls of Assistance house items was a guide event long ago back in 2006. Is there any chance this cool event would be redone ever in future?

Thank you, hopefully one day once I am done with my eq2 game char and have finished level up my guild I will apply to be a guide myself, Have Fun

Anran Arnar of < Arania > guild Antonia Bayle role play server EQ2
  8. Smallcorners New Member

Anran,

Newsies is done roughly every 30 days, so keep an eye here on the forums for it, and any other guide events for Antonia Bayle.

Could you describe the Guide Event you are looking for?

Also, you can be a guide, and still keep your own characters on your home server. I used to be one, and know several. It is a rewarding experience, not in material gains, but from meeting and working with others. Here is where you can find more information about the program: Guide Program FAQ
  9. Bellandu Senior EQ2 Antonia

Saturday, May 28 3pm pacific: You asked for it, now is your chance to help the spirits. Come to Obol Plains and help out. It's another double xp weekend!

Sunday, May 29 1pm pacific: A coldain will be in Frostfang Sea area across from Pilgrim's Landing looking for help with some research.
  10. Peacce New Member

You folks are great, but I do have a request. Yesterday I was out on a 15 hour shift and didn't get back until late, did not even log in to the game, much less the forums. Finally logged in today to find I had yet again missed the Newsies quest. Would there be any possible way to announce the quests more than one day ahead of time? I try to check daily but it just doesn't work out that way, and probably the same for quite a few other folks.
  11. Bellandu Senior EQ2 Antonia

Just keep your eyes open, this was run because of the double experience weekend. I'm sure it will be run again next time there is such a weekend. I or someone else tries to post any upcoming events and usually do have more notice. I didn't realize it was a double xp weekend myself or would have had posted it even earlier.
  12. Guurzak New Member

Heard rumors of a new high-level guide quest in Thalumbra - coming to AB sometime soon?
  13. Ocarinah Member

I was reading some of the other server announcements since I am on all servers. I saw someone quote Kander and hunted down to make sure he really said it and yeppers found it....

I am sure you will let us all know when this new quest The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra will be given. I think I saw it offered or already completed on the other servers so I hope we are next. Thanks much!
  14. Tallann Well-Known Member

We were just given the green light on this one literally days ago, so don't worry -- you'll start seeing it soon, I'm sure!
  15. Tallann Well-Known Member

In other news, this is kind of short notice, but if you're in the mood for some Aether racing tonight, I've heard that the gnomes will be assembling the track in the Thundering Steppes at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST tonight (Sunday, June 5th). It will be available for six hours, so be sure to head out there before 12:00 a.m. (midnight) PST / 3:00 a.m. (Monday, June 6th) EST and put in some laps if you can!
  16. Andura Guide EQ2 Splitpaw

Pssss.... Psssss... Hey you, yes you, over there, standing eating a jumjum pie...I heard a little secret... Are you interested? I thought you might be. /em motions for you to come closer... I heard that later today June 6th, 2016 at approximately 5:00 PM Pacific, 8:00 PM Eastern that there will be a sort of strange character making an appearance in that ole tree city, Kelethin I think it's called, he be looking for some help I wager, best to check it out for yourselves /nods and silently slinks away.

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
  17. Croakis Guide EQ2 Antonia

XTRA!!! XTRA!!! XTRA!!!:eek:
    :eek: Coming up on Wednesday 6-8 around 10am pacific in Antonica...there will be a farmer needing some help from adventurers. o_O Seems the farmer has a problem with :confused: errr... his fields!
    Later on at 1pm in Halas... it will be time for a fashion show with your favorite model!!:D

More Soon!:rolleyes:
  18. Ocarinah Member

Thanks for running this event. I know this is not the guides fault at all but I am hoping daybreak reads the following suggestion. I posted under General Discussion on forums but thought I should post here too since I don't know where exactly to post this.

[Suggestion] Scratches Needs Patches Guide Quest

Today a guide on AB was offering the "Scratches Needs Patches" quest and there were a bunch of people participating. The farm where the guide was had a bunch of scarecrows however they were not attackable. There are two other farms in antonica which were camped by multiple people. Spawn time is too long. Not enough mobs would spawn (about 3). Had to kill about 12 before getting one drop. By the time I finished the quest, the guide was gone (took me 1 full hour). Missed out on the pitchfork. I am sure many people did. Guide events should be fun. This one is not fun at all. There are 3 scarecrows in thundering steppes but again they need to spawn faster and more of them. Please do the following to fix:

• More scarecrows on each farm field
    • Spawn scarecrows faster
    • Make McQuibbles field scarecrows attackable
    • Make scarecrows drop an item every time (jute cloth)
    Thanks.
  19. Rakk New Member

Eek, I missed it, I was loitering in Antonica but never saw the guide :(, didn't see an announcement in the chat channels either. But yeah I saw a number of people running round, or loitering - I obviously missed the right farm.

It'd be nice to see the quest run again cos it's one I haven't done yet - though it does sound like it was difficult to complete :(
  20. Ocarinah Member

Could the strange character make an appearance in the ole tree city, Kelethin, again soon? I have many friends that missed their chance at meeting this new strange character.

Thanks much! Oaky :D