Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Fyuri Active Member

i missed it, as usual. and i leveled my templar only to discover she was one of the ones who doesn't have the newsies quest yet.
  2. Daemora Active Member

I actually check my email even less frequently than I check the forums, so alerts to my email do me no good.

I tend to get focused on whatever task I've set myself to, and don't even think about chat while I'm doing so, so I also tend to miss when the guides announce themselves.

I probably would have missed Ferugly yesterday, if it were not for my daughter picking the kids up right when she did. Knowing that Ferugly would be there such a short time after I logged on, I was able to keep myself from becoming absorbed elsewhere, hehe. Otherwise, 99% of the time, I do tend to miss the guides.

Well, at least your Templar is leveled, so when you do get newsies on her, you can just quickly do it. I have newsies on all my alts, but have yet to level them enough to be able to actually work the quest. I've done it on three of my ten characters, thus far. :)
  3. Fyuri Active Member

yeah, but i had put the newsies quest on about 10 of the alts on that account. i thought she was one of them. instead, she is one of the 4 who doesn't yet have it. hopefully i won't miss it when they give it out again. i camped her in obol just in case. i was wondering though. usually you get more status for doing a quest the higher you are in level. on the wiki, it claims the newsie is exactly opposite. it says that you get more status the lower level you are. is that true or is it a mistake in the wiki?
  4. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Tomorrow (01-10-16) A dragon and perhaps some of her siblings will be at the Lighthouse in Antonica to tell the story of Little Red Riding Gnome and Goldie Locks Gnoll. Drop by and take part in the telling
  5. Daemora Active Member

What time will this be?
  6. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

This will be at 12:00 pm pst
  7. Fyuri Active Member

i have a question about newsies. i was doing one this morning and got called to the door. the ordeal turned lengthy. when i got back, my bottle was gone. now i am missing a bottle and can't finish. can someone please tell me what to do now? i went to every site and no extra bottle anywhere.

edit after about an hour, the mob repopped. i was able to send her on her journey again and got my bottle. good to know there is a remedy even though it was frustrating. i wish for two things- that the bottles would not be able to be picked up by other people and that they would stay until you finish the quest so you can come back and get the one you didn't get
  8. SeverusCrowley New Member

any word on next newsie event? i've been trying for months now and keep missing them, i work ten hours a day so pm is the only time i'm able to play, would be great if there was an evening event some time.
    Kellin likes this.
  9. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

I will pass on the request but I cannot promise any certain day or time
  10. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Maj'Dul!

Your call has been heard and a spirit will be stopping by on Thursday 1/14/16 around 430pm PT in Obol Plains looking for your assistance in the Ethernere. I hope to see you there!

Note : All times shown are in PT. Please also remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice.
  11. Zaphaeyl New Member

thats 1pm NZT Friday... and as usual .. working. Sigh, I have resigned myself to being the only player on Maj'dul who is never going to get the Newsies :(
    Daemora and Fyuri like this.
  12. Fyuri Active Member

yeah i have to admit it is hard to try to accomodate everyone's schedules. it seems that when one person is working, others are off. if they choose a weekend, others work that day. it is hard on the guides because they are volunteers who have families and jobs and other things in real life they are dealing with and then sometimes, they would like to be able to play too. after all, guides are players. you can send the main guides a message via the forum however. i am sure if you contact them they will try to see if they can get someone out during a time you can be on. i am not a guide of course so it is only a suggestion.
    Daemora likes this.
  13. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

While I cannot promise for certain if you give me a time you will be on (I'm in Central time USA) we may be able to poke the spirits enough to get them on.
    Daemora and Fyuri like this.
  14. Zaphaeyl New Member

Yeah time conversions are a pita. But they were great when I used to raid lol. Lets see...Friday/Saturday - at 4pm PT would work, (being my Sat/Sun 1pm), otherwise looking at a minimum of 9 pm PT for sun-thurs (that works out to be 6pm here).

I know I got Newsies once on Zaphaeyl himself from a late night guide, I wish I could remember the name. Its just my other toons id really like to get it for. Once I know a time that works, in advance, I can park all my alts for quick /camping in Obol itself.

I think Guides are awesome for taking the time to provide such a fun addition to the game, I just wish I could make it to more of the events :)
    Daemora likes this.
  15. Daemora Active Member

Good luck to everyone getting Newsies quest tonight! Even more, I wish the guide an uneventful and happy good time. I know how difficult it must be to get mobbed as they do while giving out this quest, and my heart reaches out to them. I'd come visit even though I don't need the quest, but I don't want to add any stress or duress to their already busy visit to our server. I just want them to know how much they are appreciated. :)
  16. SeverusCrowley New Member

been looking forward to finally getting Newsies all day \o/ hope i make it, still at work, we close at 7 CST and it takes me an hour to get home > < Thanks to the guides who make an effort to be there for the players!
    Daemora likes this.
  17. Propheci New Member

Is the Newsies quest repeatable?
    Daemora likes this.
  18. Fyuri Active Member

no. the bag is lore and the quest can only be done once per toon
    Daemora likes this.
  19. Fyuri Active Member

thank you for being patient and helping me by letting me bring all of my toons in tonight. they all now have the quest
    Daemora likes this.
  20. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Thank you all for the kind words :) We love being here for the players and look forward to seeing you when we come out!

Much thanks also to everyone who stopped by for Newsies today! It was awesome seeing so many wonderful players out there enjoying the game!
    Kurisutaru and Daemora like this.