Skyfire Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Greetings Skyfire!

The Guides of Skyfire may use this thread to alert you to upcoming planned Guide Events being hosted on Skyfire. If you want to be in the loop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, click "Watch Thread" on the right-hand side of the thread, just above the body of the first post. You will receive emails/alerts any time a new post is made to that thread!

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.

All times shown are considered Pacific Time unless otherwise stated.

Interested in joining the Volunteer Guide Program?
  2. Toadilly New Member

Since I was a young toad I have heard rumors of this mighty mushroom that lures in the biggest meatiest insects. You see this mushroom I had heard of ,when the wearer puts it on, SHRINKS THEM and makes them less intimidating to those little flys.

Recently, about a year ago, the dragons attacked freeport. In response a shield was put up to repel flying creatures.
    The problem became apparent to the froglok shortly after. Even the little creatures could not get through! The population of insects dwindled and few of us froglok still eat hearty meals and I remembered back to this mushroom and thought "MMMM if I could get my hands on that I could feed all the FROGLOK OF FREEPORT!" but alas like the fountain of youth such a thing was thought to not exist.

Today however I ventured across the ocean to Antonica outside of the city of Qeynos and a kind woman Andura had set up a picnic near the lighthouse and was giving out cookies and milk. Normally this disgusts me since that stuff comes out of cows however as I sat down I heard her speaking of a mighty Fungoid as I continued to listen to her speak about how this accessory would make her smaller so she could eat more cookies and milk and I realized... This fungoid... It was what I had heard of all those years ago. If she was speaking of using it to eat more cookies.... it must exsist! She then advised me to write a letter and mail it to you all and that possibly you all would guide me to this great fungoid souvenir.
    Shalahandra likes this.
  3. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hello Toadilly! One will be needing help in this very area! She will be on the Halas docks Tomororw 11-16 at 5pm pacific time. I sure hope you will be able to meet and lend her a hand!

Guide Event Disclaimer:

*Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.*
    Shalahandra likes this.
  4. Sanarah New Member

I would really love to see the Obol Plains Newsies quest that my friend forgot to tell me about a few weeks ago! I was not online and did not realise that it was happening :(

Thank you for the Fungoid item today! :)
    Shalahandra and Lucus like this.
  5. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

My friend Elestair told me of her experience today while in search of fungoiods! You all so overwhelmed her with such joy! And your patience and and co-operation is what makes Skyfire truly the best server to be on! She wanted to let you all know how grateful she is and I can tell you she is in fungoid heaven as we speak gently testing to see just how intelligent they are! As for the Newsies quest all I can say is keep your eyes here on the forums and in general chat! As soon as we get all the kinks worked out you will be seeing way more of us and I know fun times are ahead!

Again thank you for making guiding with you such a joy for all of us!
    Shalahandra likes this.
  6. Lucus New Member

Well it was all good fun for such a simple quest i ran the quest ten times myself occasionally saying thing related to mushrooms or how delicious mushrooms are, come to think of it aren't we getting a mushroom bar and grill in maldura later? om nom nom nom.

the best part for me was seeing so many people there for the quest though my repetitions of the quest and then when they were thinning out somene pointed out that Elestair was in frostfang sea 1 and not 2 or 3 and then the players got to surround elestair again! someone sure is popular!

The best part was seeing a second guide pop up a few minutes later as a baby glitterdragon looknig for those oh so pretty shinies.

skyfire is much more lively the permafrost was, i hope it stays that way
    Shalahandra likes this.
  7. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

One of our famous Loresingers will be in Halas today at 12pm pacific time (11/21) Come find out what she could possibly need help with!

*Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.*
    Shalahandra likes this.
  8. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hello Skyfire! The dragon storytellers have sent me some pictures of their time with you! The story is in the making and as soon as I get that I shall post it here for you all to enjoy.[IMG]
    Shalahandra likes this.
  9. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here! RL has once again reared it's ugly head and I find myself with no Thanksgiving plans (no great loss, more turkey for me and teh kittehs!)
    So, if you happen to find yourself online this Thanksgiving (either taking a break from the holiday or are online because you don't celebrate and it's business as usual) please keep an eye out in General Chat as I will be popping in and out during the day at random points.
    See you in game!
    Shalahandra likes this.
  10. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Do you like hunting for things? I hope you do because there will some who will need your skills today (Nov 28) at 1pm pacific time! Look for them in the commonlands up the road a ways from the Freeport gate.

11. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hello Skyfire! Here is the story that was promised by the dragon storytellers Fireweaven, Firepuff, Onyxtalon, and Glitteryscale. They hope you will enjoy it! and thanks to the players who contributed!

How Firepuff got her name, as told by Winkieey, Chisatomori, Gilshar, Fireweaven, Firepuff, Onyxtalon, and Glitteryscale.

Once upon a time, there were four little dragons named Fireweaven, Firepuff, Onyxtalon, and Glitteryscale. They were hard at work in their home, studying their dragon lore and 20 runes. Their momma was very strict about their study habits, as she wanted her babies to grow up to be as great as Gramma Vox.

The studying was going quite well for all of them, except for the fact that Firepuff kept trying to make a good fireball in between getting rune 4 and 5 from the alcove. None of the little dragons noticed that a tiny spark landed on the bedding where Onyxtalon was curled up, focusing on one of the lore items, doing her best to memorize it. None of the little dragons noticed until the room was full of smoke, so intent were they on their studies!

Onyxtalon was concentrating so hard on the lore, even she didn't notice until her tail was on fire.

Momma came running in, and saw all her little dragons studying hard through the smoke and haze.

Little Firepuff suddenly held a claw to her nose, trying to stifle a sneeze, while all the other little dragons threw their rune journals at Onyxtalon to try to smother the flames. Onyxtalon yelped as the journals bruised her tail and screeched in pain as she realized that her tail was on fire, letting loose a huge burst of flame. Firepuff held her claw tighter to her nose, nearly scratching it.

Flames roaring in pain from Onyxtalon's mouth, fire whipping from her tail setting fire to the bedding, smoke everywhere.... Onyxtalon flapped around, trying to put her poor bruised tail out still. And with all that fire around, Firepuff started sneezing in earnest, no matter how she tried to hold it back, setting tiny fires around wherever she sneezed.

Momma just looked at the mess in amazement. "Firepuff, enough with your pranks!" Firepuff protested, "But Momma, I didn't do it on purpose!" Momma watched Firepuff sneeze another burst of flame, and said, "Outside you go, now! And stay out! For a whole week!"

All the little dragons wandered out to try to comfort Firepuff before they had to start cleaning up the mess. But, instead of comforting Firepuff, they started remembering how funny it was when Onyxtalon was flapping around, trying to get her tail put out... "Hey! You could change your name to Firetail!" "Or how about Smolderingtip?" Onyxtalon shook her head, "I didn't want it to be on fire and I don't wanna remember it!" whimpering a bit at the indignity of it all.

"Firebutt, Firebutt!" said Firepuff gleefully, earning her a sharp reprimand from Momma, who stuck her head out of the entrance. "Get yourselves in here now and clean up your mess!"

"Even me, Momma?" asked Firepuff, wiping her nose with a flame-******ant hankie. "You wanted me to stay outside for a week, remember?" Momma ordered, "Help your siblings clean up, then it's back outside with you for a week!"

As the little dragons cleaned up the runes, "Singedtushie!" was heard... and soft giggling. Cleaning up all the lore items, one shouted, "Fire in da hole!" to more giggles. As they cleaned the bedding, one snickered, "Candlerear!" As they finished sweeping up all the ashes, one said softly, "Light in a dark place!" as all the little dragons, so worn out with putting out fires, cleaning up, and sneezing, collapsed into their beds and fell into a deep sleep.

They dreamed they were on a big beautiful island playground for little dragons. They swung on swings dangling from the clouds. They swam through diamond sparkly lakes. They chased all kinds of creatures in and out of caves, mountains, and valleys. And they each had their own personal chefs on the landing to prepare their favorite snacks! And best of all...... Each of them found a treasure trove of their own that they didn't have to share with anyone else. Their treasure troves contained whatever their hearts desired, whether it was gems of red and blue and green, or precious metals, or completely fireproof, in Firepuff's sake. Each trove was as big as the ship that sails by the Antonican Docks.

When the little dragons woke up, they compared dreams, and realized that they had been given a vision of their future!
  12. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

ARGH Mateys!
    We be setting up the Thundering Steppes Racetrack today Sunday Dec 6 at 1 pm pst.
    Set your jib to the west and come race with us.

See you on the Thundering Steppes Beach!
  13. Ellru Guide EQ2 Skyfire

Well wouldn't you know it! The beginning of Frostfell and already there is a little mischief maker loose in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. The little gnome is looking for other mischief makers around 4:00 PM (Pacific) today Thursday Dec. 10th.
  14. Mystfit New Member

Drat. I was on tonight. I totally do mischief! But, they'll be back, right?!
  15. Penthesalea Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Someone has tripped and lost his items! Can you help find them and deliver them? If you can please come to Qeynos Harbor tomorrow (12-12) Near the big clock and give hand! The time will be 5pm pacific time.

16. Encanto Senior EQ2 Skyfire

Har Mateys! So, ye want to be a pirate, eh? Well, come and prove your metal at the docks in The Thundering Steppes where we will be needing a few test dummies... er, um, test pilots to fly our contraptions! The track will be up today from 2:45 PM Pacific to 6:45 PM Pacific!

See you there... HAR!
  17. Mystfit New Member

Question, do the pirates give away the purple disk? I covet a purple disk sooooo bad. I have all the other colors!
  18. Dinendall Elder Guide

Greetings Skyfire,

While out and about on my travels today I heard rumour that a certain bard may be seeking your help in Antonica on Wednesday 16th December, around 1400hrs

more as I hear them!
  19. Keiona Senior EQ2 Skyfire

Greetings Skyfire!

Its party time! We are holding a Frostfell party in the Hold just for you guys. Lots of food and drink and entertainment. There will even be a costume party so wear your favorite outfit and come wow us all. We will have story tellers so bring a few blank books if you would like copies of them.

When will this be you ask? Why its this weekend on the 19th at 12pm PST! Watch general chat for instructions of how to come join us.

Please come join us for the fun!
  20. Toadally New Member

I am interested in helping the Stormshield Clan. Is there any chance there will be some one around offering the "Kael or be Kael'ed" Quest line soon :)? LOL