Povar Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest Guide Events' started by Ryleth, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

One last chance to do some old-school faction farming during the Festival of Might. There are many contenders for the lead at this time, and every set of points can help. Keep your eyes and ears open around 7pm PDT tonight (Tuesday, 28 July 2015) for instructions.
  2. Sharesia Guest

Greetings Povar!

With July coming to an end the Days of Test festival is coming to an end also, but not before we have a couple more things happening:

Tonight, Thursday July 30th at 5pm PST (6pm CST, 7pm MST, 8pm EST) there will be test of some sort.

We are going to ring the Festival to an end as well. If our Festival winners are not here tonight we will do this Tomorrow night bringing things to a close Friday, July 31st at 5pm PST (6pm CST, 7pm MST, 8pm EST).

Don't forget to check the leader boards things change very fast on them!

We hope to see you there.
  3. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Tinkerfest is winding down, but there's still some inventive work to be done, if only Ritzbeeble can get some help sifting a couple of powder ingredients from the massive collection of junk that comprises the Plane of Innovation. Rumor has it, Tinkerer Ritzbeeble may be soliciting such help this fine Thursday afternoon, around 3pm PDT.
  4. Tysharu New Member

I'm wondering when you activate NPC events do they happen on all servers? The day you had this a few hours later it happen on Cazic Thule. The NPC was up for about 15 minutes. I've been watching site for another one to see if it happens but missed the one yesterday that Xegony had to see if it would happen on Cazic Thule. If they do happen on other servers when you activate them than why not make a general event thread to post these kinda of events on so everyone can keep eye out for the System message on their server.
  5. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Actually, the fact that the quest happened on Povar first and then on Cazic Thule was a happy coincidence. We choose what quest we want to run independently of any other server. The only people who know what events are happening on multiple servers are members of our SWAT (Server-Wide Assistance Team) program. They are wonderful Guides who not only perform their Guide duties on their assigned server, but they make themselves available to Guides on other servers who need extra quest actors -- sometimes on very short notice, such as when one Guide on a multi-guide quest gets sick or has some other Real Life Problem.

If there is a quest -- or perhaps several quests -- that you particularly enjoy, you can suggest to the Guides on each of your play servers that they run it a bit more often. These forums are a good place to make that known. Then again, there are some quests that are specific to a certain time of year -- such as the Festival of Might during the month of July. That's when you see all of the different Days of the Tests events. August is the Festival of Light, honoring Solusek Ro for all the sunshine that pours down on Norrath at this time. Some of the other well-known Festivals include the Festival of Spirits (wooooooooo), and of course, Frostfell. For such Festival quests, you should probably be quick to let your server Teams know which quests you and your friends enjoy, so that they might schedule it again before the Festival is past.
  6. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Hot summer days -- thanks a lot, Solusek Ro -- tend to make folks leave their regular chores undone in favor of taking off some time and goin' fishin'. What could be better than spending some quiet time beside a cool body of water, sipping a nice pale ale, and waiting for a fish to nibble on that special fly you enjoyed tying the other day.

If you are an avid angler, keep your eyes and ears open around 7:30pm PDT Thursday night (27 August 2015) for a challenge to match your abilities.
  7. Tysharu New Member

Thank you Perditta for answering my question I appreciate you taking the time to do so. That is really :cool: I had no idea that we could request event's, I have no idea how many and what the different events You and the other Guides can do. Part of me really would like to know but I think I prefer being surprised.

Maybe this is wrong place to suggest that maybe Daybreak can periodically add with the patch notes that the Guides are still around and that some system messages, emotes and shouts are announcements for a guide event.

I started shortly after the game came out and most player's knew about guides but I stopped playing for few years twice do to not having enough free time to play and when I came back both times I had NO idea that the guides were still around until mid July when a guild mate said something about the month long event "Festival of Might" so I think a little advertisement would get more players involved, Once again I Thank you and the other Guides for what you do:D
  8. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Do you excel at a particular tradeskill? If so, you will have a chance to showcase your abilities later this afternoon (around 4:30pm PDT, Monday, 7 Sep 2015) as we prepare a Tradeshow -- to be displayed at the upcoming Rivervale Harvest Fair.
  9. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Love knows no season, so it matters not to a young goblin outside Halas that Frostfell is approaching and flowers are scarcely to be found. His sweetheart in Permafrost loves flowers of all kinds, so if you're available to help him find blossoms anywhere in Norrath, keep your eyes and ears open around 1pm PST today (Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015).
  10. Sharesia Guest

Tonight Monday December 14th The Povar will be having a Festival quest going on! The happenings should be around 5:30pm PST (6:30pm MST, 7:30pm CST, and 8:30pm EST). We hope to see you there to join in on the fun!

**Please remember real life can get in the way and times can change a bit. We will make every effort to inform you of any delayed or late time changes. **

All times shown are always considered Pacific Time unless otherwise stated.

11. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

A small party of Teir'dal from Neriak attempted a raid on Halas under cover of Frostfell celebrations. Fortunately, the ever-vigilant Wolves of the North were able to drive them off quickly, the battle far enough from the barbarian capital that none there were the wiser.
    Following the back trail of the raiding party, Skadi -- a young shaman lass -- finds an unusual .....treasure in the underbrush. She needs a bit of help to get it back home, however. Keep your eyes and ears open around 8pm PST tonight (31 Dec)(9pm MST, 10pm CST, 11pm EST) -- if you're prompt, you'll be able to enter the New Year with the knowledge you've done a good deed.
  12. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Greetings, crafters! On behalf of Norrath's Chosen Guides, we welcome you to the Days of the Arts celebration!

It is well known that artisans are an integral part of Norrathian society, the veritable linchpin upon which the successful adventurer relies. With this in mind, we have come together to create a celebration for those of you who provide your skillful service to your fellow Norrathians.

There are several events planned for the coming weeks, ones which are tailor-made (if you'll pardon the pun) for crafters. We hope that you are able to participate in them. Each of these events will focus on one of the primary tradeskill classes: Baking, Brewing, Fletching, Jewelcrafting, Smithing, and Tailoring.

We apologize that we cannot give you a set schedule; however, we encourage you to follow this server's Guide Events thread at http://j.mp/eventseq for hints about upcoming events. The "artisanfest" channel will also remain active throughout the month and will be used to announce any activity regarding the Days of the Arts.

We shall do our utmost to include Free-to-Play participants in all of our challenges, and to ensure the games are just as fair for them, so please keep an eye on the NewPlayers chat channels, as well.

Throughout the month, participants in each individual event will receive awards for successfully completing the task.

For completing these events, you will also be given a specific object signifying your participation in that particular task. You must safeguard this object, as it will be redeemable at the Days of the Arts closing ceremony later this month.

There will be a different object for each event. Only one object will be awarded per event, and only one object per type will go toward your final total, for a maximum of six objects across all quests. Duplicate tokens of the same type will not award you additional points, so you only need to attend the quest for each tradeskill class once.*

You are not required to use the same character for each event; however, only one character can be awarded during the closing ceremony, so you should make certain to store your participation objects on your chosen character, to ensure that they are not misplaced. The objects can be placed in your shared bank for easy trade between your characters.

The most successful participants in the Festival will receive a title displaying their achievement, so participate in as many events as possible. All events are free and require only your participation. Grand prizes will ONLY be awarded at the closing ceremony, so be sure to watch for updates as to when this event will occur.

*But once you have successfully completed a given tradeskill task, you can always encourage friends and guildies to participate, and cheer them on as they participate.

PLEASE REMEMBER: We Guides are volunteers, and we all have obligations outside of Norrath. Sometimes those obligations interfere with our personal schedules to the point where a posted quest might be delayed, or postponed. Please understand, we would much rather be on time, with everything properly set up for your enjoyment. When quest times are changed, we will post the change(s) here. If you're interested in keeping up with everything -- even after the Festival is over -- you can set things up to receive e-mail notice of any updates to this topic.
  13. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Attention, crafters! -- *and* adventurers willing to give crafting a try in the interest of having fun and winning prizes.

There will be another Days of the Arts Festival quest this day -- Sunday, 10 January 2016 -- in the early afternoon... shortly after noon. Please /join artisanfest and you will hear the announcement of time and place first!
  14. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Good morning, crafters -- experienced and beginner alike. Monday has long been a traditional day for washing clothes. That's the hint of the tradeskill involved in today's Days of the Arts Festival quest, scheduled in the late morning hours (PST) today (11 Jan 2016). Please be sure you have joined /artisanfest so you will be among the first to hear the specific announcement.
  15. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Greetings, crafters -- and anyone else who is looking for some challenging fun!

Another Days of the Arts Festival quest will be run tonight -- Thursday, 14 Jan 2016, around the same time as *last* Thursday's kickoff event. (We've had word that this is a good time to catch those who raid after they've completed that activity... and might be interested in something a little less intense to wind down with.)

Please be sure you've joined "artisanfest" to be the first to hear the announcement of exactly where and exactly when... well, as exactly as we can make these things, given the rumor that Brewing will be the tradeskill ... challenged.
  16. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

We shall begin repeating some of the Days of the Arts Festival quests so that those who missed them the first time will have a chance to earn the respective tokens and have their chance at becoming Grand Prize winners.

First up -- Jewelcraft Jubilee -- now scheduled for Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 -- at approximately 7-7:30pm PST.

I will also be setting up repeats for the Baker's Dozen quest, Fantastic Fletching, and Talented Tailoring, at a minimum. The approximate times available are Saturday afternoon/evening, Sunday afternoon/evening (less likely than Saturday), Monday/Wednesday/Thursday evenings. If anyone has preferences as to time and date for a particular quest, please let me know by posting in this forum.

Closing Ceremony is currently scheduled for Saturday afternoon, 30 January 2016 -- between 2-3pm PST. Please let me know if there is a better time-of-day for this so that I can be sure we have a Senior present -- preferably our very own Povar Senior Sharesia -- to award titles directly.

17. Zagader New Member

Anything possibly going on this weekend on Povar?
  18. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Attention, crafters -- a traveling Tradeshow is being prepared, and the organizers would like *you* to showcase an item from your special field. Our representative will be in Abysmal Sea shortly after 4pm PST, Wednesday, 2 October 2016.

Note: Guides are volunteers, and are subject to the whims of Real Life as much as anyone else. We make every effort to start quests in a timely manner, but we beg your forgiveness -- and patience -- when we cannot.
  19. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

Well, yesterday's Tradeshow Showcase event had to be postponed (due to medical issues) until today -- Thursday, 3 March 2016.
  20. Perditta Guide EQ Povar

In honor of Bristlebane, we have been celebrating April as the Festival of Fools. To start wrapping things up, what could "fool" people (and NPCs) more than a Parade of Illusions? This is a come-as-you-aren't event -- wear an illusion or a shroud, put on some unusual armor set (there are actually a few all-class robes in Norrath -- imagine your toughest tank in a "dress"), and perhaps top off your appearance with a flashy/fun mount!

We will begin assembling around 8pm PDT near the entrance to the Bazaar. Once we've ooohed and ahhhhed at each other, we'll parade clockwise around the different portal yards. If you have multiple illusions, you might consider changing from yard to yard....

Participants will be rewarded with -- more illusions!