Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. azryan New Member

Thank you so much for offering this... unfortunately I had to have emergency removal of my gallbladder and just got back home yesterday... I am PST time... i work nights so early afternoon or late night work great... I am so sorry I missed this one... Guess I should've avoided the fly souffle :oops: I will keep my eye out for the next time you are around... And yes tell santa glug I have been extra good, except maybe too much food from turkey day apparently :)
  2. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Ouch! I've been there, my friend, and I hope that you're resting comfortably. Be sure to go easy on that fly souffle for a bit!

I'll keep scouting around and see what other news I can stir up coming soon, so everyone keep your eyes peeled on this space!
  3. Elyshka Well-Known Member

What's This? What's This?

I thought that Trick or Treat was long over for the year, but someone has played a terrible trick on one little dragon and he needs your help! Meet him in Gorowyn on Sunday, December 15th around Noon PST (3 pm EST / 8 pm UTC / 7 am [16 Dec] AEDT) if you can find it in your heart to lend a hand!
  4. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Hark the Herald Halflings Sing, Glory to the Burger King!

But nevermind all that now... I have an important announcement to make! *stands very tall and shouts so everyone can hear*
    • Saturday, December 21st around 4 pm PST (7 pm EST / Midnight [22 Dec] UTC / 11 am [22 Dec] AEDT) - A new scholar from the Grand Library approaches! What strange news does she bring? Be in Kylong Plains if you want to find out. (Note: This quest is not repeatable)
    If you miss her arrival on Saturday, be sure to watch here for future announcements in the coming days.
  5. Elyshka Well-Known Member

I ran into an interesting troll this evening. He said that he called out in the hopes of sharing an interesting book that he found but, sadly, no one heard him. In an effort to cheer him (and avoid being eaten), I suggested that I could pass along his hopes for some company. After pulling me into a terrifying (and nearly bone-crushing) hug, he asked me to relay the following day and time for any curiosity seekers.
    • Tuesday, January 14th around 6 pm PST (9 pm EST / 2 am [15 Jan] UTC / 1 pm [15 Jan] AEDT) - Materdee the troll would like to eat meet you! Swing on by the Moors of Ykesha to find out what strange book has captured his attention. (I didn't even know trolls could read, to be honest, so it's probably worth a look for that alone!)
  6. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Fly Me to the Moon / Let Me Play Among the Stars
    • Saturday, January 18th around 6 PST (9 pm EST / 2 am [19 Jan] UTC / 1 pm [19 Jan] AEDT) - The first trip to a new land can be a Blinding experience. Don't get lost! Visit with a loony friendly scholar in Kylong Plains to help guide you on your way! (Note: This quest is not repeatable)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Gryger SWAT EQ2

So I was just exiting the Bar of Brell earlier and I came across an old pub crawl buddy of mine by the name of Khalden. He's a decent enough sort, even outgoing (for a dwarf). We caught up on old times and he offered me a pull from a fine keg he'd just gotten. I hadn't even brought the stein to my lips when he spat out what he was drinking and smacked the stein out of my hand.
    "Don't drink it! It's been befouled!" he shouted.
    I looked at him quizzically. Everything in my stein seemed fine.
    He showed me his and sure enough, floating there, a dead fly.
    Well, you would have thought a goblin had run off with his prize gemstones. I've never heard such language, even an orc would blush.
    "Well, what's done is done, Khalden. No point getting all worked up over it." I said. "Just dump it out and pour another stein."
    "That's not the point! Who knows how many other kegs that merchant has unloaded on other people! It's just not proper!" He bellowed.
    "So what are you going to do about it? Get some people to help you collect stinky ingredients to put in a keg of your own and give it to him to pay him back?" I said sarcastically.
    "Hey! Not a bad idea!" He said, running off.
    "THAT WAS NOT A CHALLENGE!" I yelled, but he was already out of earshot.
    So... there you have it. When the Qeynos Guard come looking, I was in my library at home, feet up. I saw nothing, I know nothing.

those of you wishing to aid Khalden in this childish (but satisfying) bit of payback, meet him outside the Bar of Brell in New Halas (Frostfang Sea) around 20:00 (8pm) Wednesday March 11th.

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath! I just spied my buddy Khalden heading out to gather materials for his special brew. With the Brew Day festivities winding down, he finally got a chance to take a look at his stores and he was shocked by how empty those shelves were. I don't know if he's going to be able to finish it all on his own. Maybe you all can keep an eye out and see if he needs a harvesting hand?

those of you wishing to help Khalden, please keep an eye out for him in Frostfang Sea tonight (Wednesday) around 20:00 (8pm) a reminder: all events are schedules in PACIFIC time.

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
  9. Gryger SWAT EQ2

The rumble of thunder was the first thing that woke Halimeda. It was loud, booming, and it sounded terribly close.
    Then the rain began to fall. Huge, fat drops of water, ice cold to the touch, pelting at her, soaking through the bedspread, sheets and her nightgown.
    Wait a second... bedspread? sheets?
    Half-awake, Halimeda leapt from her bed as a bolt of lightning arced across the ceiling. What in Tunare's name was happening? A storm, in her house?
    She had no time to waste, the wind was starting to pick up, pulling tapestries off the walls, and the floor was getting slick. All that beautiful wood, ruined!
    Why is this happening, she thought?
    Almost instantly, her words from earlier in the afternoon, when she was joking with some farmer friends in Antonica, came up from the depths of memory. She had only meant it in jest, but in hindsight, mocking the StormFather, Karana, was probably not the best idea.

Standing outside the door of her house in Gorowyn, Halimeda thought feverishly on how to stop the deluge inside her house. She'd managed to get a glimpse of things before she fled; the house was severely damaged. Clearly, Karana did not find her jest amusing. Not in the slightest. Perhaps her old adventuring companion would have an idea! She headed for the docks and grabbed the first Griffon to Gryger's home.

Gryger was some help, confirming that indeed, the storm was Karana's work, his little reminder that the gods WERE back, and they were listening. Unfortunately, it just so happened that Karana was Gryger's patron and he was not able to intercede with him on her behalf. But he did have a suggestion. Clearly, Karana did not wish her any serious harm, the lightning could have struck her, or the winds could have flattened the roof on top of her; he wanted her to atone for her hasty words. Gryger suggested a sacrifice of some item. Something that Storm King would appreciate; something blue as the skies, or icy as a snowstorm, even something that flickered like lightning. Hope restored, Halimeda set forth to gather items to appease Karana.

If you would like to help Halimeda regain Karana's favor, she will be in the Gorowyn area today (Wednesday) around 1800 (6pm) Pacific

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Muusicx New Member

I was unable to meet with the Scholar during the last visit, has he been seen recently in honor of the double event?
  11. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Keep an eye out here, Muusicx! We're working on something here for all us housebound folk that will (hopefully) get your toes tapping!
    Elyshka and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath! Guide Gryger here to announce a special Isle of Refuge event...

Join us on Tuesday, March 31st for "Into the Statusphere!" (see what I did there?)

In celebration of the double status awards and to add some extra merriment to the Bristlebane festivities, we're offering 3 special Guide's Guide quests TWICE in one day (so if you miss them in the morning, you can get them in the evening!) Also, we will have the Thundering Steppes racetrack open for all you aether enthusiasts.

NOTE: each of the "Guide's Guide" quests can only be completed once per character. We cannot offer them again to you if you've already received the reward.

Here is the schedule (reminder, all events are in PACIFIC time)

0600 & 1500 Gear up and head to Kelethin amongst the treetops of Greater Faydark; Thalumbra awaits!
    0900 & 1800 Come join us in Kylong Plains for a journey to Luclin!
    1200 & 2100 Kylong Plains also serves your port of departure to the Celestial Realms!
    * the aether racetrack will open at 1200 and close at 1800 *

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  13. Muusicx New Member

Will the friendly Scholar who gives a Blinding experience be present at the Kylong Plains event?
  14. Gryger SWAT EQ2

I believe you are talking about the journey to Luclin, in which case, yes. He will available at 0900 and 1800!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here again, offering a brief reprieve from the Questing, Crafting and Overseeing grind!
    Tonight (Monday, March 30th) at around 1700 (Pacific), I'll be heading out to the Isle of Mara with a few bags of treats and collectibles! This is also a good time for those of you with some leftover business from Erollisi Day to distribute some roses!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Muusicx New Member

Unfortunately I missed the early event and raid begins at 1800. Hopefully the Scholars timepiece is a couple minutes fast!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Gryger SWAT EQ2

I'll have a talk with him, see what I can do :p
  18. Rosyposy Active Member

Me, too!
  19. Gryger SWAT EQ2

I just wanted to take a quick moment and thank everyone for participating in yesterday's event! I hope you enjoyed the extra status, as well as the other rewards!
    Be sure to keep your eyes on this thread, we do our best to advertise the quests and events so you can take time out to visit.
    After all, if it weren't for you, we'd just be sitting around talking to ourselves... well, more so than usually. :p
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Burrupin looked sadly at the smoking ruins of his home. Thank Marr, no one had been slain when the horde came through and destroyed everything. He set off to Frostfang Sea, hoping to find some assistance in gathering food and materials to rebuild his home for his family.

Burrupin has a long journey ahead but should be arriving in Frostfang Sea Tuesday 04/07/2020 around 1700.

Guide Event Disclaimer: