Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Things are still booming for Tinkerfest, so be sure to keep your ears open around the following times for more gnomish mayhem!
    • Saturday, July 27th around Noon pm PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - Gadget Gizmodyne, gnomish researcher extraordinaire, is looking to share her amazing finds with more revelers near Dropship Landing in the Moors of Ykesha.
    • Tuesday, July 30th around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / Midnight [31 Jul] UTC) - Just in case you missed her last time, Gadget Gizmodyne will be back at Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont to share her remarkable discoveries with you all.
  2. Gryger SWAT EQ2

** IMPORTANT NOTE: the 3pm event in Gorowyn has been canceled. The 6pm event is still taking place.

Ho, Norrath! Guide Gryger here, bringing you some Sunday FunDay gossip!
    I have it on good authority that this Sunday (July 28th) the following is happening...
    (please note: all times are PACIFIC)

• Staring off at 9am, Ominotago Loresinger, chanteuse extraordinaire, will have a small recital on The Isle of Mara, refreshments included!
    • Then around noon, my good friend Fetzelpot will be in the Moors of Ykesha attempting to gather more data on his latest invention, the self boiling kettle!
    • We'll then spend the mid-afternoon (3pm) in the caverns of Gorowyn with a rather exuberant gnome in need of supplies!
    • We will close up the festivities around 6 in the evening with a scholar who could use a hand with this rather complicated tome
    and that's all I have at the moment, but I'll be sure to post more if I find anything out. Until then, safe journey and good fortune to you all!
  3. Elyshka Well-Known Member

I just received a most troubling message from our friendly neighborhood prognosticator. She's had a vision of something dreadful about to befall a scholar but, sadly, she wasn't able to discern his name to warn him. Since time is of the essence, she's come to us for help.

If you should happen to find yourself in the Feerrott on Tuesday, August 20th, around 6 pm PDT (9 pm EDT / 1 am [21 Aug] UTC), perhaps you can assist the scholar. His life may well depend on your help!
  4. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Forewarned is, like, four arms... or something like that!

To prepare for any potential double status* goodness on the upcoming holiday weekend (/em crosses toes), a few friends will be dropping by during the evenings this week, so please be sure to come see them if you're looking for an adventure that is new to you (and unrepeatable -- after all, the trials set before you in these tasks can be monumental):
    • Tuesday, August 27th around 6 pm PDT (9 pm EDT / 1 am [28 Aug] UTC) - Those looking to seek out the terrors of Thalumbra should meet with a Malduran representative in Kelethin for a map to all the sights.
    • Wednesday, August 28th around 6 pm PDT (9 pm EDT / 1 am [29 Aug] UTC) - A shaman has been concerned about some missing souls that were destined for the Ethernere but have yet to arrive. Visit the Obol Plains and bring him a little good News, won't you?
    • Thursday, August 29th around 6 pm PDT (9 pm EDT / 1 am [30 Aug] UTC) - New visitors to the Celestial Realms can often find themselves getting lost. In an effort to curb the number of missing explorers within the realms, a Myrist librarian will be in Nektulos Forest to provide those who have yet to undertake this mission with a complimentary map.
    * Obligatory small print: Ely is not a soothsayer, therefore is not privy to any more information about upcoming Good Stuff tm than your regular, run of the mill player. Ely merely wishes to make sure that you are prepared in the event of such an occurrence, whether it be occurring now or in the future. All start times are approximate and are subject to delays, postponements, and cancellations for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to: server downtimes, internet outages, bad weather, extreme napping contests, and attacks by rabid boll weevils. Thank you, drive thru!
  5. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath! Guide Gryger here! I was just taking a breather at Irontoes East enjoying a well deserved Halfling Stout when I met up with a fantastic elven lass by the name of Apolina. She was telling everyone at the tavern about some amazing research she has conducted on the health benefits of apples! Something about an apple a day keeps the Healer away or some such. In any case, she seemed most interested in the apples of the Enchanted Lands, as well as the magically imbued substances that can be found there. I wished her well and headed out. Maybe keep an ear out in case she needs some help? The Enchanted Lands is a large place and I doubt she'll be able to complete her research without assistance.

Thursday September 05 @ 6pm Pacific (that's 9pm Eastern)
    Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
  6. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Rumor has it a Halfling Baker is in need of some harvesters to help gather ingredients! Be sure to keep an ear out!

Thursday September 12 @ 7pm Pacific (10pm Eastern)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
  7. Elyshka Well-Known Member

The rumors seem to be flying about quite a bit today! I just got wind of a few more things coming soon to the Isle of Refuge. Be alert around the following times if you're looking to lend a hand:
    • Saturday, September 14th around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - A very busy merchant finds herself in need of a midday pick-me-up. Meet with her in Paineel in the Sundered Frontier if you can put a bit of pep in her step!
    • Tuesday, September 17th around 5:30 pm PDT (8:30 pm EDT / Midnight:30 (18 Sep) UTC) - A shady gnome has been spotted in Rivervale. I wonder what he's up to? Perhaps you should investigate...
  8. Garidan Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Rumors have it that a Sarnak provisioner will be in need of some fresh.. ingredients for new food creations around 7pm tonight (9/19).
  9. Gryger SWAT EQ2

/sing "Everybody's working for the weekend..."

Ho, Norrath! Guide Gryger here! So, I was keeping an ear out to see what might be coming up over the next few days and I learned a few interesting things!

Unbeknownst to most (but knownst to us):

Tomorrow (Wednesday) there's a researcher in the frozen wilds looking for help in identifying a strange species of creature...

Thursday be prepared to take a journey into fabled Kaladim, in search of the legendary lost axes of the dwarves!

Friday you'll need all your patience and skill to help an obstinate, gruff affable, quirky fellow in Antonica.

*NOTE* each of these will take place at 1800 (6pm) Pacific time.

And, as I sang at the beginning, this weekend I'll be making a quick stop on Saturday and later Sunday to hand out some snacks and maybe some of those green shiny things I've found lying around for your collections...

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  10. Muusicx New Member

Perhaps the Myrist Librarian will once again visit to help players that are newer to the CD realms?
  11. Elyshka Well-Known Member

I'll keep my ear to the ground and will report back with any rumors that I come across. :)
  12. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Coming Soon to an Isle of Refuge Near You:
    • Saturday, October 5th around 10:30 am PDT (1:30 pm EDT / 5:30 pm UTC) - A visitor from the Great Library will be paying call in the Eastern Wastes, seeking those looking to make a name for themselves in the Celestial Realms. (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    • Tuesday, October 8th around 6 pm PDT (9 pm EDT / 1 am [9 Oct] UTC) - A traveling minstrel seeks to share a hair-raising tale in Nektulos Forest.
  13. Muusicx New Member

Thank you for the update!!!
    Elyshka likes this.
  14. Elyshka Well-Known Member

I just spoke with Odelyn Loresinger, a traveling bard and collector of tales. She mentioned that her visit this evening resulted in a command second performance, which is wonderful! She would also like for me to mention that she'll be dropping by with a new terrifying tale this weekend, so keep an ear out for her in Antonica around the following times:
    • Friday, October 11th around 7 pm PDT (10 pm EDT / 2 am [12 Oct] UTC) - First performance
    • Sunday, October 13th around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - Repeat performance of Friday's tale.
    She also asked that I mention that she's happy to scribe copies of this tale, but you have to provide your own blank notebook (something about bards never having enough spare parchment or something... I kinda tuned her out after she gave me some cookies *shrugs*).
  15. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Rumors of ghosts are no great deal during Nights of the Dead, but I have heard whispers of a rather strange spirit stalking the Greater Faydark! I didn't see anything unusual myself, but maybe my timing was off. I spoke with a fortune teller at The Wanderlust Fair and she informed me that indeed, my timing was off, but she believes the spirit will manifest tonight. Maybe you could journey to Greater Faydark and see if there's any truth to these rumors?

Thursday 10/24/2019 1900 (7pm) Pacific
  16. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Extra, Extra! Read all about it!

A late shaman is looking for good News about some missing friends. Venture through the veil and meet with him at Cardin Ward in the Obol Plains on Saturday, November 9th around 1:30 pm PST (4:30 pm EST / 9:30 pm UTC / [10 Nov] 8:30 am AEST) if you have yet to go on this strange journey. (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
  17. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

NEWS ALERT!!! NEWS ALERT!!!
    Double status time is precious...and getting those quests that help you earn some status are the best. With that thought in mind, we wanted to pass along this amazing news....I got a mail from Centuris and another friend that they are going to be looking for some assistance tomorrow, on Sunday at NOON PST. Read below for more details...

Tomorrow, Sunday, November 17th at noon, 12:00pm PST (3:00pm EST) there will be a Malduran representative in Kelethin wanting to share their map to guide you around the sights of Thalumbra!

AND AT THE SAME TIME

Tomorrow, Sunday, November 17th at noon, 12:00pm PST (3:00pm EST) Centuris Arundhati will be in Kylong Plains at the wizard spires wanting to share her map to guide you around the dangerous spots of the Celestial Realms in an effort to decrease the number of missing explorers!
  18. azryan New Member

Was wondering if we could get a couple mm quests offered.... the one in deal that gives you the fairy lantern the one at antonoca lighthouse that gives you the baby dragon illusion and dressed for success please...my froggy needs a new wardrobe... oh and the myrist bag quest later down ther road :)
  19. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Oh goodness me! I sure hope that you've been a good little frog this year because I bet that Santa Glug will be bringing you a few things that you're hoping to receive for Frostfell! Keep an eye here on this spot tomorrow and I'll see what details I can scare up for you soon. :)

Is there a particular time frame (including time zone) that would be best to reach you?
  20. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Does your wardrobe have you feeling a little drab? Want to put a little ho ho in your holiday garb? Meet with Norrath's foremost expert on all things fashionable in New Halas on Tuesday, December 10th around 1pm PST (4 pm EST / 9 pm UTC / [11 Dec] 8 am AEDT)!