Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Hey Y'all!

Who's up for some excitement? I've got a couple of friends who are just anxious to come to visit with you again, so make sure to clear your calendars on Friday, November 9th around the following times:
    • 5 pm PST (8 pm EST / 1 am [10 Nov] UTC) - Rargnir Marrspear will be seeking some good News about some missing friends. Meet with him in the Obol Plains and see what you can do to help! (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    • 6:30 pm PST (9:30 pm EST / 2:30 am [10 Nov] UTC) - Kessalie Coppersprocket will be making her way topside again, ready to catch all of you surface dwellers before you go off exploring the Ever Deep without a handy map to guide your way. Come to Kelethin and never get lost in Thalumbra again! (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    Be sure to spread the word! Next Friday will be here before you know it! :)
    Ratala likes this.
  2. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Now, with more added stuff!

Coming Thursday, November 8th:
    • 6:30 pm PST (9:30 pm EST / 2:30 am [9 Nov] UTC) - The Kromzek giants have been amassing an army and Clan Stormshield seeks brave warriors to bring the fight to this overgrown menace. Meet with Krag Stormshield in the Eastern Wastes near Kael Drakkel for your chance at glory! (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    And, on Friday, November 9th around the following times:
    • 5 pm PST (8 pm EST / 1 am [10 Nov] UTC) - Rargnir Marrspear will be seeking some good News about some missing friends. Meet with him in the Obol Plains and see what you can do to help! (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    • 6:30 pm PST (9:30 pm EST / 2:30 am [10 Nov] UTC) - Kessalie Coppersprocket will be making her way topside again, ready to catch all of you surface dwellers before you go off exploring the Ever Deep without a handy map to guide your way. Come to Kelethin and never get lost in Thalumbra again! (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
  3. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Rargnir pierced the veil to make his appearance this evening, but mysterious forces are interrupting the flow of his spirit (and likely, yours). As soon as he is able to gain access to this plane, he will be online to offer the quest.

As such, Kessalie's appearance may be delayed as a result. Details to be posted as they are known.
    Ratala and Leonitas like this.
  4. Leonitas Member

These mysterious forces have been plaguing us throughout the lands! Tell Rargnir we very much appreciate his perserverance ;)
    Elyshka likes this.
  5. Elyshka Well-Known Member

If the issues continue to persist until 6:45 pm PST (9:45 EST / 2:45 am [10 Nov] UTC), we will reschedule these two events for Saturday night at the same times listed above.
    Leonitas and Ratala like this.
  6. Elyshka Well-Known Member

UPDATE!

Due to circumstances beyond our control (I'm guessing a kerra chasing a ratonga tripped over the power cord to the universe or something), the quests scheduled for Friday, November 9, 2018, are being rescheduled. See below for updated info -- you aren't going to want to miss out!
    • Saturday, November 10th around 5 pm PST (8 pm EST / 1 am [11 Nov] UTC) - Rargnir Marrspear will be seeking some good News about some missing friends. Meet with him in the Obol Plains and see what you can do to help! (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    • Saturday, November 10th around 6:30 pm PST (9:30 pm EST / 2:30 am [11 Nov] UTC) - Kessalie Coppersprocket will be making her way topside again, ready to catch all of you surface dwellers before you go off exploring the Ever Deep without a handy map to guide your way. Come to Kelethin and never get lost in Thalumbra again! (Note: This quest is not repeatable.)
    Leonitas likes this.
  7. Ratala New Member

Elyshka, you are the best. Thank you for coming back tonight to give out the quests and also for doing them on Test earlier today. My husband and I got all our characters up to date with both quests and even got a couple finished as you were still handing out quests :D Getting to do these quests on double status was really nice.

Thank you for all your time, it is really appreciated.
    Elyshka likes this.
  8. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Good evening, Norrath!
    It gives me great pleasure to announce a special concert tonight on the Isle of Mara! Join Ominotago Loresinger as she performs a song from Norrath's past!

Monday 11/12/18 8pm Pacific
  9. Elyshka Well-Known Member

A mysterious stranger appears. Do you dare approach? Listen for his call tomorrow, November 14th around 10 am PST (1 pm EST / 6 pm UTC) [may be delayed if downtime is extended] and 6 pm PST (9 pm EST / 2 am [15 Nov] UTC).
  10. Elyshka Well-Known Member

The mysterious visitors continue to make appearances across Norrath. Pay heed around the following times for your opportunity to meet with one this weekend:
    • TODAY, Friday, November 16th around 4:30 pm PST (7:30 pm EST / Midnight:30 [17 Nov] UTC)
    • Saturday, November 17th around 9:30 am PST (Noon:30 pm EST / 5:30 pm UTC)
    • Saturday, November 17th around Noon PST (3 pm EST / 8 pm UTC)
    • Saturday, November 17th around 3 pm PST (6 pm EST / 11 pm UTC)
    • Sunday, November 18th around 2 pm PST (5 pm EST / 10 pm UTC)
    • Sunday, November 18th around 7 pm PST (10 pm EST / 3 am [19 Nov] UTC)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Ratala New Member

Thank you for your time in Commonlands tonight. All my girls on both accounts are set now for the Guides Guide. Thanks for waiting until I had all 8 of them done on the one account :)
    Makes it nice to have the quest before starting the Chaos quest line.
    Elyshka likes this.
  12. Rosyposy Active Member

Many, many thanks!
    Elyshka likes this.
  13. Alenna Member

drat missed it
  14. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Not to worry! Our mysterious visitors will be visiting a couple more times over the next few days before they take a brief hiatus to recuperate and review the data which has been collected. Keep an eye out around the following times for your chance to meet our celestial travelers:
    • Wednesday, November 21st around 5 pm PST (8 pm EST / 1 am [22 Nov] UTC)
    • Friday, November 23rd around Noon PST (3 pm EST / 8 pm UTC)
    • Saturday, November 24th around 2 pm PST (5 pm EST / 10 pm UTC)
    • Sunday, November 25th around 10 am PST (1 pm EST / 6 pm UTC)
    • Sunday, November 25th around 6 pm PST (9 pm EST / 2 am [26 Nov] UTC)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Don't forget, your last opportunity to pick up this celestial quest (for a little while, at least) will take place tomorrow! Everyone's favorite erudite, Otuno Quamaniq, will be dropping by twice, so be sure to listen out for him around the following times:
    • Sunday, November 25th around 10 am PST (1 pm EST / 6 pm UTC)
    • Sunday, November 25th around 6 pm PST (9 pm EST / 2 am [26 Nov] UTC)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Ho, ho, oh no!

Oh dear! I just heard that one of Santa Glug's Gigglegibbers is in a bit of trouble. Head to New Halas on Saturday, December 8th around 3 pm PST (6 pm EST / 11 pm UTC) to help him before he gets flossed!
  17. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Mistress HeartyHearth brushed away an errant lock of hair before returning to her mixing.
    "And now a little bit of jumjum liqueur..."
    A loud thudding on the door interrupted her reverie. Of course, the one time there was no one else in the house... wiping her hands on an already batter covered apron, she flung open the door and came face to face with an ogre child.
    "Well? I haven't got all day, lad! The scones are sure to burn while I chatter away! Out with it!"
    The ogre blinked at her, then stammered "I... I was told that you might be able to help me, Mistress? It's just that I want to... to..." he started sobbing.
    To be sure, Halflings and Ogres are not fond companions, but Mistress HeartyHearth was known to have a voice of steel and a heart of gold. Seeing the youngster sobbing, she relaxed her gaze and her voice... just a little.
    "Now come on there, boyo... You'll never be able to tell me what's wrong if you get keep gasping for breath! How can I help ye? First of all, tell me yer name."
    "It's Mennis. Mennis Spitefist, Mistress. I'm trying to make cookies for Santa Glug, but I don't know any recipes!"
    "Oh, is that all? Why didn't you say so! I'll give you a few of my basic recipes, that should do the trick!"
    A couple of hours later the happy ogre wandered off into the forest and the Halfling returned to her work.
    It wasn't until later that night the Master of the House returned, calling out for her. She put down her tea and met him in the entrance hall, taking his cloak and asking him if he'd eaten. Master Gryger, to be sure, was kind and a good Master, but often forgot... well, just about everything.
    Gryger smiled, and waved her away. "No, no, I grabbed a bite in the Hold before coming back. But, I wanted to ask you about this..." he handed her a pack of folded parchment.
    The Halfling looked at the recipes she and Mennis had so painstakingly copied out that afternoon. The poor dear must have dropped it!
    "It's nothing, Sir. Just trying to help a laddie out with some Frostfell Snacks. I guess he'll need some help, I'm sure!"

Tuesday, December 11th 2018 @ 6pm (Pacific)
  18. Elyshka Well-Known Member

He's making a list, he's checking it twice...

Hello, lovely citizens of the Isle! I just dropped in to chat with Santa Glug and, as it turns out, you're all on the good list this year! In celebration, a few familiar friends will be stopping by on Sunday, December 23rd to seek a bit of help. Keep your ears open around the following times to lend a hand!
    • 4 pm PST (7 pm EST / Midnight [24 Dec] UTC) - A bewildered spirit has been awaiting the arrival of some lost souls who have yet to arrive in the Ethernere. Can you seek Rargnir Marrspear in the Obol Plains to help find the missing Newsies?
    • 5:15 pm PST (8:15 EST / 1:15 am [24 Dec] UTC) - Looking to do a bit of exploring in the dark recesses of the Ever Deep? You'll want to stop by Kelethin and meet with Kessalie Coppersprocket first!
    • 6:30 pm PST (9:30 pm EST / 2:30 am [24 Dec] UTC) - Rumor has it that people are still getting a bit lost in the Celestial Realms. Don't let this happen to you! Meet with Otuno Quamaniq in Kylong Plains for a very special map.
    Don't forget that each of these quests cannot be repeated, so if you've done them in the past, be sure to send by a relative who has not yet had the opportunity!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Alenna Member

midnight is to late for me so didn't make it on the 24th hope there is time to pick the quests especially the new one.
  20. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Not to worry, Alenna! Our friends will be coming back to visit after everyone has had time to recover from all the merrymaking. Keep an eye on this space and we'll update you all when we hear from them on a specific day and time! :)