Norrathian Races & Building Collaboration

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanbu New Member

Dwarves! Tier Dal have had multiple cities and areas fully developed and architectural styles shown in EQ1 and EQ2. I feel the attention to dwarven areas has always been somewhat haphazardly thrown together and 'simple'. To me this doesn't mesh well with the fact that their god "Brell" is the craftsman god in EQ Lore.
    I also agree with the above posters that until Landmark Tools are finished and more polished that Tier Dal architecture may be handicapped.
    Either way, I'm hoping we get some more voxel skin variations in metal and stone before this goes forward. Of the hundreds if not thousands of different types of marble and we get the choice of white with different skins applied to white...it's very disappointing. And no, I'm not unhappy with Landmark, would just like to see More variation for even MORE crazy builds...
    • Up x 1
  2. Akiyalis New Member

My question is if I start building underground will that be affected by the update that adds a cave system or is it safe to build underground?
  3. Emissari New Member

here is a big problem with designing for dwarves with the current game set up: dwarves are a short, stocky race. with our characters all being by default a human who is naturally taller we wont be able to do things like fit through small doorways and see things from the perspective of a small dwarven race...their bars will be smaller, their stools will be shorter, their beds will be lower to the ground...the size of their stairwells to their basements wont need to be as tall...all of this will effect the "architecture"
    • Up x 3
  4. Durost Member

I ran into this problem when I was building the first 1/8th of New Thergadin, It got so difficult to navigate I could not build furniture in or put lights in certain places because that would take navigation from difficult to impossible in certain places lol

The only place I did not have this problem was the grand hall and the bridge, the two locations built large enough for Ogres and Trolls.

Edit (Yes I remembered to scale the lights and furniture down to proper size with the mouse wheel)
    • Up x 1
  5. Arydon2012 New Member

I like DE's but, Dwarf are probably a better start.
  6. Syllogy Well-Known Member

No. Building underground will not be affected by the cave system.
  7. Akiyalis New Member

@Syllogy

Thank you.
  8. Darktide Well-Known Member

We need some serious props from the Art Team to fully construct what is required..... To make an analogy, Landmark voxels are equivalent to 640p...and Props are 1080p.....

It would be awesome if we could create props, but that requires programs not associated with Landmark.

Since we cannot, after this poll is complete, please focus on props required for the voted race with respect to lore. We can only build the shell. Weapons racks, Pictures, Symbols, Pedestals, Mini-statues, beds, bookcases, potion bottles... all Dark Elf or Dwarf specific in appearance, depending on who wins.

How big is the art team? This shouldn't take you guys that long as a player could at the very least design a single item in a day, and I'm being generous. Put multiple artists together, and you should have your props completed very quickly.
  9. Timo Member

Both will be really awesome. can't wait.
  10. Zyga New Member

dwarven style for me is just medieval on a larger scale.. even though they are a "smaller race" all their constructions are overcompensating for it.. 100' tall gates that are 10' thick. 30' thick columns, huge carved stone everywhere. oh ya and lots of kegs..

dark elf style for me is more human sized but much more point-ier, darker, sinister.

so for ease of construction i would choose dwarven... but for seeing spectacular builds i would choose dark elf.
  11. Smidjun New Member

OK! 52% to 48% STILL??!!!! Anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?
  12. Smidjun New Member

Faster ways of leveling are NOT necessarily better ways. Speed of leveling is a preference and not all players believe they can hustle through and beat an RPG.
  13. Cube Active Member

Dawrf has kaladim one of the more interesting city if not the most interesting with the some of the best music in both games enough said.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Nobody still has put the everquest 2 kaladim music on youtube....
  14. Darktide Well-Known Member

If the tools arent finished by the time this event takes place, I'd much rather prefer the dwarves being the first test subject rather than my favored Dark Elves.
  15. Tycondraes New Member

Dark Elves (If you keep to the standard definition) Live usually underground. They have very elaborate, dark, evil looking structures focusing MOSTLY on Black with another color (Most commonly purple or red) yes dwarf buildings would be easier but Dark Elf buildings would be more fun! If it was easy it would be minecraft. We as a community of gamers have the creativity to come up with some cool stuff. We have obsidian right? Theres a good Dark elf material right there! Tada
  16. Smidjun New Member

Ok! What's wrong with this picture. Yesterday the poll read 52% - 48% Now it reads 53% - 47%. Can we have someone actually check the polls to see if they are working properly? Not getting how we might be going BACKWARDS!!!!!!
  17. Syanis New Member

Dark Elves while real cool also as Dwarves are I'd say this. Dwarves architecture and feel would be much simpler for the majority to build and and feel at ease with. Dark Elves are very detailed with things a bit harder for us to build and emulate in current tools and choices. Also I think many more understand Dwarves a lot better then they understand Dark Elves architecture, buildings, and story. Dark Elves also differ a LOT more in style then Dwarves imo depending which idea set you listen to with the common denominator for Dark Elves just being they are underground and night creatures.
  18. Syanis New Member

Its a percentage of the votes, NOT a vote count that we see. With percentages there is only 100% to split.
  19. Smidjun New Member

Yeah I get now thanks Syanis.
    Just means while everyone else is building Dark elf crud, I'll still be building For Dwarves!
  20. Murzerker Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.