Landmark Build Out Contests (New RT Format)

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matia Active Member

You're assuming it's a tusk and not a claw or tooth. :D
    • Up x 2
  2. Daevic30 New Member

I'd like to see the genre change from time to time fantasy sci fi norath whatever make us think outside the box it'll help in building in game as well.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dasilva Member

Everquest Next Landmark is supposed to be designed as a think tank for Everquest Next, I am not sure why we would even consider contests on anything outside of the Everquest Lore, as this will detract from the purpose of Everquest Next Landmark and give users a false idea of what the games main purpose is......
  4. EverQuestNextfan Active Member

EQN stuff. But that would mean a EQ homage to me. As an ideal EQN would be an new EQ to me ;)
  5. Syllogy Well-Known Member

Simple: To push the boundaries of the tools and see what they can do when used in ways that they were never meant to be used.

Even though I might never want to build a roller coaster on my claim, I might take the techniques used by someone else to build an elegant banister.
    • Up x 1
  6. morrythunder Active Member

I voted for the "stuff for EQNext" option, because without caring that much about any of the options I think that having more cool thing in EQNext is always a plus.
  7. DanteYoda New Member

I've never played a EQ game until now so i chose Fantasy Styled
  8. lilibat Member

Considering I have already started building Neriak in landmark, my choice was obvious.
  9. Koso Active Member

I am not an EQ player so I have no real background in or knowledge of the art and design aspects of EQ or EQ2. I played EQ2 for a bit but that was back when it first came out.

I would hope to see a variety of contest types, although I think that EQN focused contests should be a priority, given that LM is a tool to be used in developing EQN. Nevertheless, I want to try and build ALL the things, different styles and time periods and aesthetics. Part of the fun in a contest is coming up with something and doing it, even if it isn't in your comfort zone or what you usually do.

As an aside, however, I would hope, at some point, that there would be some sort of design or style manual in place for stuff that is destined for EQN, so that there would actually be some sense of unity of design/style as part of the game world... and that we, as builders, would have access to that manual (sort of like a writer's bible for a TV series, only about art/.architecture of the races and nations).
  10. Lakland Active Member

Like some others, the only reason for me to test and play Landmark is what its initial intentions were based on, and that is to build EQN.

I am thankful for the game it will become and that the dev tools have become a game, but my focus is on EQ Next. I'd imagine when it is released I will have had my fill of EQLandmark and move strictly to playing EQ Next.

On that note, I would like to see the focus stay on EQ Next is much as possible.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zuric Member

The contests should be geared toward EQN. Once EQN is released then we can consider contests not related to EQN.
  12. magnus_sca New Member

any fantasy style that fit would be a go edition as long as it fits such as well defended inns along dangerous routes
  13. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

• Up x 1
  14. Aazimar Well-Known Member

I'm craving more EQ:N specific round table polls. Landmark is nice and all, but in the end I'm here for EQ:N.
  15. Kix Member

I am sure people will disagree, but I am NOT super excited to see someones eye sore they made in EQNL put into the EQN world. You have to think what could go wrong with this and I can just see a bunch of trolls up voting ridiculously stupid buildings and structures just so they can see them put permanently in the game. I can see a lot of people whining because their structure or building didn't get picked and enough of it will go on that well you know what happens next unfortunately. I have been a EQ franchise fan and played every single EQ game with expansions since 1999 and I hope whiny players don't ruin my game for me.
  16. Talathion Well-Known Member

As I said before. No matter WHAT playstyle, PvP, PvE, RP there will always be griefing/trolling. However its the fairest way.
    • Up x 1
  17. RedAngel Well-Known Member

I think the winners should get more then a plaque and a highfive and the possibility the devs will use/steal your design for EQN.

There should also be lands set aside for a winners circle so to speak. Contest winners would recieve a special claim flag that they could plant in the winners circle which would give access to a much larger plot of land to build on. And since these players have proven they can build nice structures in a group or solo they should have the chance or right to try and build much larger assets.

Other players could go there and marvel at the larger constructions and strive to win land themselves. While the winners could also team up to make even larger constructions.

Also it would be nice if players could also create props for use in landmark. If we had a prime limit and an outlet to get props approved the players could further make landmark their own. It worked really well in secondlife but if you had an approval process to weed out the things that shouldnt be in the game it could work and cut down dev time. All we would need is a total face/prime limit and the format used and a way to send it for approval.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.