EQN Landmark Beta Signup Notification for EU Players

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurauu New Member

Same here, i created an account on PSS1, but i don't want to have multiple accounts for Eq lm AND Eq Next.
    Seriously, i don't want to separate those two. I would like to choose between those two with One account.

Can't this be possible ? Auto detect for my "world region", i don't quite like this.
    • Up x 1
  2. Aragorn Active Member

Now it is clear how things are messed up, to me and some other player (we are still few to make any difference...)

I'll not spend a cent, luckly the game the is gonna be F2P... and however I will add myself to the people that will only play EQN Landmark or will just forget about EQN completely (if things are not going to change). There are many upcoming interesting mmorpg games to pick nowdays... that's a shame, I really liked many ideas in this game but if the interface with the subscriber is going to be handled by a company with so many complains I will think twice (or thrice) before spending money and time on this. I'll still hope to hear good news *sigh* :(
  3. Aragorn Active Member

Something important just crossed my mind. Let say, just hypothetically of course, that now I live in Europe but due to my job sometimes will happen that I'll have to move all around the world for extended periods of time. What in this case? When in Europe I'll use PSS.1 and when in Japan or the States I'll use SoE account? Is it even possible? If I have a character in a server will I be able to play with it with both accounts? Are those two account even linked?

Perhaps you already have lasting business agreements with PSS.1 but due to the fact that Landmark is already only with SoE can you please try to dicuss more about this and not just make those (perhaps few perhaps many) players that want to stay with SoE be like they are talking to a wall? Or at least make those player able to get a link between the two account so they will be able to play the same avatar with both depending on where they are.

Thanks
  4. Kurauu New Member

You are right. I think we sould be able to choose between SOE and PSS1 for EU. It made me ask myself if i were right, if it was another "trap" like phishing etc.. Beginners or new players would just leave away or abandon an inscription, i think.
  5. Aegir New Member

Upon a request from one of the EU community members (shout out to Aragorn) I'm posting here what I posted on the EU forums, mainly as it covers a few things as well as clarifies a whole chunk.

1. The difference between EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next: Landmark

EverQuest Next
    The simplest way I can explain this is that EverQuest Next is an MMO being built by SOE. It will contain classes, missions, world content and all those other things you would expect in an MMO, redesigned in a fresh and original way. This is using things like the tiered world, StoryBrick's AI for smarter mobs, voxels for destructibility in the world, not to mention next-gen graphics with SOE's Forge Light engine.

EverQuest Next Landmark
    EverQuest Next Landmark is a building MMO. Rather than all the content being there like in Next, Landmark will be a blank slate where we the players get to build all the content. Currently it is simply a building game like Minecraft but as development continues we will get access to mob spawners, rallying call editors and essentially any tool that SOE used to build Next with. The key difference is that we will get control vs SOE creating the experience.

2. Where do I go to sign up for alpha/beta access for each game and what accounts do I need?
    Well it all comes down to which game you want to play. If you're not sure which game you're here for, see my answer to Question 1 above!

2a. EverQuest Next Landmark
    As SOE are solely handling EverQuest Next Landmark, to apply to the beta you need an SOE Station account.

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/
    Simply go to the above page and click on the "Apply for Beta" on the top right of the page.

If you want to guarantee that you will be in the alpha/beta of Landmark, you can now also buy Founders Packs for Landmark. These provide you with perks for that game ONLY.

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack
    Follow this link for the information on those (pricing, what's included in each pack etc)

- Landmark Beta Sign-up Complete -

If you are unsure if you have signed up for the beta for Landmark, go to the link above and click to apply to the beta again. When you get the login screen, sign in with your SOE account. Assuming you have signed up for the beta correctly, this is the notification you will see:

[IMG]

2b. EverQuest Next
    EverQuest Next is a joint venture here in the EU with SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games. Similar to other current SOE titles, to play EverQuest Next in the EU you will need a ProSiebenSat.1 account.

http://everquest-next.eu/
    Simply go to the above page and click on the "Register for Beta" image on the right of the page or "Beta Signup" on the top bar on the right.

Note: this may be in different languages - can someone confirm?

As of posting, there are no founders packs, nor no eta for alpha/beta of the game

- EverQuest Next Beta Sign-up Complete -

If you are unsure if you have signed up for the beta for Landmark, go to the link above and click to apply to the beta again. When you get the login screen, sign in with your SOE account. Assuming you have signed up for the beta correctly, this is the notification you will see:

[IMG]

3. Server Location and Availability / Accessibility
    Regardless of the above accounts AND which game you want to play, there will be no server restrictions at launch for either Next or Landmark.

This means that you can play on any server you wish.

As far as physical locations are concerned, right now there have been no released specifics for either game, however Planetside 2 is the most recent game released and SOE has servers for that game in the following locations:

EUROPE: Netherlands
    US EAST: Virginia
    US WEST: California

3a. Game Updates
    All Servers and patching is pushed through at SOE's end. Meaning there is no delay for downtimes for EU players vs US players, EVERYONE gets the updates at the same time.

3b. Latency and Ping
    Another big concern is why players must go through PSS.1 for their login, like will it mean more lag/ping as you have to bump through a different system. The answer is no. If anything, the fact that there are dedicated EU servers means we get a fast system just like the US players playing on the US servers.

4. What website to use?
    Well, this comes down to personal preference, however I'll give the preferred method.

EverQuest Next (EU): http://everquest-next.eu/
    EverQuest Next Landmark: https://www.eqnlandmark.com/

4a. Round Table Discussions
    This comes down to your own personal preference of how much you want to be involved. We do get the Round Tables posted on this site (see here) and they are the same polls as you will see on the US site for EverQuest Next (see here)

5. ProSieben and You
    So this is probably going to sound a touch fanboy-ish. I should point out that I'm not disputing anything that anyone else has said about them, I am simply giving my own experience with them based on another SOE game I play: Planetside 2.

I play on Miller (EU) server for the TR in an outfit called Better Red Than Dead. We get a LOT of support from the ProSieben community team to organise specific events and fights, going as far as being some of the first teams to try out the new content coming to the game and some of the MLG content for that game ahead of time. Not to add that the team provide their own video content for players on top of what we get off SOE in general and I'd say we get looked after better than the US players as we get the best of both worlds.

I'm sure one of their staff members could elaborate and edit into this (or post after) to give more specific plans but do remember that Next is a long way off so these plans are most likely not finalised.
    • Up x 3
  6. Aragorn Active Member

Thanks Chris for the fast repost!

I understand better now but still it seems, to me, a bit messed up the whole accounts set up. I really wish to have the two accounts linked somehow with the same credentials (username and password) and the possibility to choose both the accounts and the servers from which to log in, not only the latter.
    There are already examples about that kind of interaction like GW2 and NCSoft/Arenanet or Dragon Age and EA/Bioware (Origin common account) - I know that is a bit different cause both SoE and PSS.1 are publishers but it can be done.
    This is my opinion but the best way to handle the whole thing should be:
    • International EQ Next forum with inside an European section, using SoE account
    • International EQ Landmark forum as it already is (really happy about that), using SoE account
    • A linked account to SoE with PSS.1, with the possibility to chose if using one or the other to connect to EU or NA servers and the possibility to migrate from an account to the other...
    Perhaps I'm the only one concerned about that but if I move from Europe to the States will I have problems using my PSS.1 account from the States? I do not want to play EQ Next in the States with SoE and the avatar "A" and in Europe with PSS.1 with avatr "B" but I do wish to play on one server with one avatar but from different accounts depending on the region which I play from. Well perhaps I'm the only one in the whole community with this kind of problem but in the end it will be good for the entire community to get more cohesive, everyone keep talking about creating an united community, building relation and stuff and in the end we have to face a wall between EU and NA - I'll say this in advance before it create an uproar it is already clear that with both SoE and PSS.1 you will be able to play on both NA and EU server... I understand now the whole set-up but still (perhaps I'm just plain stupid) I do not see any reason behind that.
  7. Rairine New Member

My problems with PSS1 are the distinct lack of CS and account security that seems to be the concerns from all my friends that have used them.

My biggest issue with this game though is going to be that I like to sub to games, ever since EQ1 way back in the day, and I use an All Access Pass atm for my EQ2 sub, and although havent for a good while, PS2, Vanguard, EQ1 have all been played on occasion via this method.

My guild has no intention of leaving EQ2, but I am not going to sub to two games (assuming EQN goes into the All Access Pass list), which leaves me in a a bit of a difficult position. and in all honestly is likely to mean my 13 year old SOE account gets dropped, and I wont play Next due to being forced to choose between a company Ive been with 13 years, or moving to one that has almost the worst rep Ive heard about with regards to security and CS.

All in all, really disappointed that a game Ive been looking forward to for so long, is being pushed out of my reach.
  8. Aragorn Active Member

Well, I already decided to drop this game even before it is out.
    I'm starting the long/difficult path of account deletion.
    Disclaimer: what I'm gonna say are just my personal opinions so bear with it and take them for what they are. I do not like how they are handling things here. As European player that think bad about the whole Landmark project I do not need a Soe account as well cause I'm not gonna "play" an "under-construction" game, far less pay for the beta access (the whole landmark project seem to me more and more a way to make people hyped to get them in the end pay for the game)! Also all the round table thing seems to me more a way to publicise the game than actually getting the player base involved both due to the useless qustions both due to the fact that it seems they are just doing what the planned/wanted.

The main two interesting, avant-gard features this game have are from Storybricks and Voxel Farm and I'm quite sure I will see those features in other upcoming games in future years, so I can wait... I still hope to see good news that will convince me at least to play the actual EQ Next game.

I'll add a consideration on the European Forum... for now (cause Landmark is all on SoE Forums, and we won't see EQ Next for one or two years) it is useless to not say dead with less than one thousand actual members and perhaps just a couple of tens active... I hope I'm wrong cause I still think that EQ Next will do what EQ 1 did, create the spring board for a new kind of games.
  9. Sinister New Member

Ah well if i have to use a PSS1 account to play EQ Next then i will just not play it.
    Using my old SOE account worked for PlanetSide 2 so i do not get why this policy was changed.
    But if SOE does not want to get my money i will give it to someone else.
    I stopped playing EA games because of the stupid Origin client and i will now have to stop playing future SOE games because of the PSS1 account i am forced to use.
    Been a loyal SOE customer since 2002/3 shame to see this relationship end with PlanetSide 2.
  10. Bowdon New Member

This is one of the most confusing sign up's ever. Come on Sony!! what is happening!?

EU players have 2 different sign up pages, and now this german site is telling me to register with the main site. I wondered why are all these beta emails in german? I noticed at the start of this thread there is a UK site. Yet at the time I heard EU had to sign up to the german site. Talk about a balls up. *shakes head*.
  11. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Hey Bowdon,

Sorry we didn't lock this thread -- it's very old (as you can see, the last response in it was from December of last year).

Please read this announcement: https://forums.station.sony.com/eve...pcoming-player-migration-from-psg-to-soe.431/

You'll need to register for Beta with us at www.everquestnext.com/beta-registration
  12. Rel New Member

Hi I am from the UK. I previously signed up for beta and was sent an email from ProSiebenSat.1 saying I needed to sign up again on but I don't seem to be able to get past the login page on https://www.everquestnext.com/beta-registration when I click the apply for beta button it does not seem to even try to load anything. Is this a general fault at the moment or maybe a Java problem at my end? I can log in to my account fine on other pages.
  13. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Hi there!

I haven't heard of this issue, so it might be a problem on your browser. Have you tried another one? Or have you tried registering for the Landmark Beta (registering for Landmark Beta automatically registers you for EverQuest Next as well). Try this: https://www.landmarkthegame.com/beta-registration.

If that doesn't work, let me know!

~Dexella
  14. Rel New Member

Hi thanks for the reply. I was using internet explorer 11 so I downloaded the latest firefox one and it worked fine then. Great! Must have been some java problem.
  15. keshinvisahan1 New Member

much hype for this game answered every round table question made me even more excited
  16. XXym0x New Member

Hey all. I have an important question regarding the beta of EQN. I was looking to get in to the beta program by purchasing the founder packs, but I don't know for sure if it will grant me acces on the PS4 beta... can't really find on the main site what else I can do to get into the PS4 beta. Anyone knows if it's included in the Landmark beta packs?
  17. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

EverQuest Next beta access is not part of the Landmark Founders Packs at all; those packs are exclusive to Landmark.
  18. XXym0x New Member

Okay thank you Dexella. So I cannot yet participate in the EQN PS4 beta? I find the site a bit confusing at times. I hope to play this soon :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.