EQN Landmark Beta Signup Notification for EU Players

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seffrid New Member

PSS1's involvement has been discussed for the best part of 2 years on the EQ2 boards with record numbers of posts running into the hundreds. I don't recall a single person defending their reputation. That's why SOE eventually conceded that existing players could remain with them so far as their existing games were concerned.
    • Up x 1
  2. Smoothlove Well-Known Member

Awesome..as long as it doesn't matter who the account is with to play with your US/EU friends I'm fine.
    Servers from different continents should not prevent friends from all over the world to play together.
    If servers are treated like channels that you can switch within seconds this barrier is dealt with
    One of the reasons I don't play guildwars 2 anymore is because I had to switch to a European server when in real friends started playing..luckily this was free at the time..but now they all quit the game and I don't want to pay a server transfer in the hope I might find a few of my US friends online to play with again..And even then there is no content that can justify the server transfer cost..
    All these things might seem like trivial details but the way they are handled will make immense differences.

Created an account at PSS1,exact the same as here..lets hope we'll be able to link them or something because I'm not gonna be active on both now..
    The only reason I could really think of why it is this way is for distribution reasons and to divide the pressure on servers or something...
    In the end I guess everything needs to be transferable(characters,constructions) between SOE landmark and EQN with PSS.1,like Tharanor brings up

However the game that is an example of how it should not be done: Dragon saga US/Dragonica EU
    Separating EU/US players,and the confusion,the frustration,the horror
  3. Aragorn Active Member

I didn't play EQ2 so I do not know... Seffrid can you explain me what was wrong with PSS.1?
  4. Smoothlove Well-Known Member

http://www.prosiebensat1games.com/en/index.10.html

http://www.prosiebensat1games.com/en/index.13.html
    the only game I played from their list is Florensia many years ago...was actually one of the better free to play games I have played..and believe me I've played alot of them :D They had many convenient payment options and the restrictions were not overly annoying..I ltried EQ2 for a few weeks,and although it has some surprising elements I just can't seem to get in the classic mmo's anymore and even though I paid a month subscribtion i still felt restricted in some area's(like recreating a herioc character was impossible,you had to pay up if you deleted one and recreated it),which I think is not done if you decide to pay a subscribtion to avoid paywalls and support them.
    In my clouded mind I still remember a tower of 100 levels in Florensia,each level you rise and defeat, the difficulty increases and the mosters you encounter get harder
  5. Seffrid New Member

Aragorn, some of the tales of PSS1 were anecdotal, some were factually observed during the time the EQ2 boards were actively discussing the issue, so I can't speak to the correctness of everything that was claimed. However, there were numerous concerns over account security issues, the high level of charges in comparison to SOE (both for subs and cash shop currency/purchases), the young age of volunteer player reps handling account details, and the hugely restrictive nature of their standard EULA terms (including the right to delete accounts if left unplayed for even a short time). It was reported that they had posted real names on an open forum in relation to anyone who had missed a payment. The DCUO transition was a complete mess with lost characters and Station Cash etc. and with no real effort to resolve those problems.

To be fair to SOE, strenuous efforts were made by them to negotiate resolutions to some of the issues, but at the end of the day PSS1 simply wasn't held to be a company most long-established SOE customers were prepared to do business with, and eventually concessions were offered to allow existing players to remain with SOE in relation to all remaining existing games. All we're asking for now is that the concession is extended to EQ Next.
    • Up x 3
  6. Smoothlove Well-Known Member

tell me about it .. the prices Warpportal/gravity were charging in Dragon Saga US version were ridiculous compared to the prices the Eu version Dragonica gpotato were charging.
    Perhaps they now made prices even..not gonna check.. but I was really glad after joining my EU friends at Gpotato and noticed the differences in price.That I never spend a dime on the American version..I think if US players knew this they'd even switch to Dragonica :D

But this all was a long time ago and in the end that game became a boring grind.
    My experience has made me very picky with games and if I notice prices are ridiculous I won't even bother anymore.
    I'm not stupid either to believe games are actually free..perhaps if they can take a % on the creations of players with landmark they can be more mild with other prices..who knows..
    Perhaps its that there is even more capitalism in US than in EU or something..with Las Vegas being the womb ..
    BUt best to see to it that prices in EU/US are kinda fair and equal
  7. Kriss New Member

If i cant use my 11 years old soe account to play this game I won't be playing it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Arok New Member

Same here, european player under SOE
    I will not be playing EQnext if i can't under Soe account.. no way i am going prob7.

Guess i will be saving money :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Melchin New Member

Good news now the EU players can join the action
  10. Seffrid New Member

If you mean they can play through SOE, that applies only to Landmark, not to EQ Next, and why would you start Landmark on your SOE account if you can't use the same account for EQ Next?
    • Up x 1
  11. Rikudou Member

Hi there guys, I've been looking and waiting around for EQ Next for quite some time and decided to sort out my account today with registrations etc. I played EQ and EQ2, looking forward to the upcoming one.

Here is my issue though. The information that European players are getting isn't very clear, I currently have 2 accounts - 1 account at everquestnext.com with my SOE account and now I've also made an account on the European site which doesn't seem to be doing much at all. I don't really see the point with the EU website/account for EQ Next.

Me and my partner wanted to invest in the Founders pack, but as I said, the information isn't very clear. Can we not use our SOE accounts and station cash etc? Why do we have to go through the 2nd part whereas it seems absolutely pointless.

Please update your FAQ, or make one specifically for European players and explain how exactly everything will be working for us in terms of forums, communications, purchases, how will the different accounts (companies) affect our future gameplay?

We want to be able to use our SOE accounts, plain and simple. We don't want to deal with another company.

Thank you for reading!
    • Up x 1
  12. Dez New Member

Hello, I'm yet another EU customer who is worried that he'll be forced to use PSS1.

Specifically, Everquest Next; can I as an EU customer with a pre-existing SOE account continue using that account, using the American client for EQN/EQN:L to connect to EU servers?

This is also how Planetside 2 works, I use my SOE account to play on the EU servers.

A response from SOE would be much appreciated because right now I'm confused as to how this will work. I'm feeling very tempted to splurge some cash on the recent alpha packs for EQN:L but I need some answers to the above questions first.
    • Up x 2
  13. Seffrid New Member

There really shouldn't be any confusion or uncertainty as to the present situation for European players - we can play both EQN Landmark and EQ Next on all servers, US or EU ones, but we can only play EQN Landmark through SOE with our existing SOE account and we can only play EQ Next through a different account opened with ProSiebenSat.1. That is explained quite clearly in this thread by Dexella for SOE. Check, in particular, her post on Page 5:-

SOE meanwhile have made it clear that EQN Landmark will be accessible solely through them, no matter where you are playing from.

It's important that everyone understands the present situation clearly, if there is to be any chance of getting it changed. We should not be required to sign up to two different companies using two different accounts in order to play two halves of the same game, quite apart from the common refusal to do business with ProSiebenSat.1.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rikudou Member

So there really is no point for European players to have the PSS.1 account then and to sign up on the EU website?

I asked the customer service earlier for a little clarification, but I really don't understand the purpose of PSS.1 then if we can just use our SOE accounts. Would be nice for a definite confirmation though from an SOE employee.
  15. Seffrid New Member

Again, and it has been spelt out in this thread by Dexella - for EQN Landmark Europeans sign up through SOE, for EQ Next they sign up using a different account through ProSiebenSat.1. It doesn't need any more confirmation from SOE, it's already stated by them in this thread. Read the first post on Page 1 and the later one I quoted from Page 5, between them they make it quite clear - SOE for Landmark, PSS1 for Next, and in each case there is no restriction on EU/US servers.
  16. Rikudou Member

There's no incentive stated really as to why European players should bother with a PSS1 account. I'm guessing the items from the Founders pack gets credited to the SOE account, so what part does PSS1 play a part in it since from my understanding we will be getting the items again when the game goes into open beta - 2 different accounts are just confusing when there's no real need for it(?).

European players are encouraged to sign up for beta through PSS1, but we get into the beta if we buy the Founders pack attached to our SOE account.
  17. McNerdofWar Member

I believe you can use you're already existing acc' I didn't have to register into this website I just put my acc' name and presto I was already a member. You can also still see you're station cash on this site, so I believe there linked.
  18. Daemonia New Member

Looking forward to beta :)
  19. Aragorn Active Member

Nice... the parts that I highlighted are serious matter, expecially the one about EULA terms and account deletion, THAT IS INSANE! If it is going to be like that I will not play EQ Next and delete the PSS.1 account before they do, I have lot of work and sometimes I'm not at home for months... so I put the games on hiatus for long periods of time. Luckily EQN Landmark is with SoE... I really hope there will not be problems with PSS.1 cause I do want to play EQ Next!
  20. Ighox New Member

Guess I will not be playing EQ:N then if I have to use a PSS1 account.

And that sucks, after ~8 years of EQ2 vet rewards and EQ:N Landmark founders pack purchase I'd like to play EQ:N.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.