EQN Landmark Beta Signup Notification for EU Players

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xurtan Well-Known Member

For EQN? Considering pre-Alpha, it's a distinct possibility. Late 2014 at the earliest, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that extend into late 2015, depending on how beta and such goes.
  2. firost New Member

and beta do we know when come out?i am playing eq2 but i really dont like,eq1 in ps2 was so fun : (
  3. Xurtan Well-Known Member

Do you mean EQOA? EQI was PC only, as is EQII and (possibly) EQN--either way, they're focusing on EQN for the PC before anything. As far as beta we don't really know--there's been talk on Twitter about how we might hear something this month as to when beta starts, however.
  4. Scornedfury New Member

The only game I've actually played of everquest was the ps2's Champions of Norrath. That was one of the best games ever created imo. So I figured why not give this a try! Can't wait to see how this works.
  5. Aragorn Active Member

This is addressed to all persons here that are from Europe. This is an appeal to you all.

I think based on what I read here and also due to how SoE will handle Landmark and Player Studio (read the quote down there) that it should be nice to have an European section in this SoE - EQ Next offical forum.

This is what Ulandar the International Community Manager said on the EU Forum:
    Well if you think as well that it should be nice to have it, like or quote this post perhaps the forum admins will listen to our plea. If you do not think that there should be an European section in this SoE - EQ Next offical forum rate this post down.

Thanks.
  6. firost New Member

yes srry i was playing eqoa with ps2,but now will play in pc the eqn,it more easy to play with pc and look for quest info with pc
  7. Tharanor New Member

Hi all,

the above information about EQ Next Beta for EU customers is quite confusing.

I am from Germany and did my beta registration in late August using my existing Station account.
    I received an email reply which says I have registered for the EQ Next and EQ Next Landmark Beta programs.

So, will this work now for both Beta programs or only for EQNL as stated above?

I'd like to emphasize that I would really prefer to use my Station account(s) to play both EQN and EQNL because I never encountered any trouble with those since I started EQ in 1999!

So, please don't force us here in the EU to move away from our existing accounts in order to play EQN.
    I think many players would really appreciate it!

Best regards,
    Tharanor.
    • Up x 1
  8. Seffrid New Member

The situation for EU players is actually quite clear.

EU players can only sign up through SOE for Landmark, but can only sign up for EQ Next itself through PSS1.

Even if you have an email saying that your SOE account is signed up to both betas, the small print together with confirmation on this board make it clear that you will need a separate beta registration through PSS1 in order to access EQ Next.

This is clearly unacceptable, but I'm afraid it is yet another indication of the mess that SOE have got themselves into through their absurd arrangement with PSS1 which continues to fail in all respects.
    • Up x 2
  9. Aragorn Active Member

Check this link: EverQuest Next Servers Will Not Have Regional Limitations.
    If with my post above I generated some confusion I'm sorry but both Dexella and Ulandar have made it clear, SoE will handle Landmark for ALL Players... I think also because with Player Studio you can sell your stuff so there will be issues handling taxes in every region, "royalties" and stuff like that.

With my post I was just forwarding a request to create also here an "European section" in the future due to the fact that SoE will handle Landmark for all Players.

If you only signed up for beta with the PSS1 account you only signed up for the EQ Next GAME beta to ALSO sign up for the LANDMARK beta you need to sign up with your SoE account from the links provided in both Eu and SoE/NA forums.

@Seffrid
    This is actually the only aspect that is not clear for me, I think that if there are no IP restriction for players from Europe we can actually connect from Europe directly to NA server with a SoE account but if we want to play on EU servers we have to pass trought PSS1 and from PSS1 we can also play on NA servers. So the only actual restriction will be for player to play on EU servers, to do so you need a PSS1 account for everything else we use the SoE account.
  10. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

So glad to hear this is working for you now! :)
  11. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Servers and accounts are different. Which server you play on (US or EU) does not have to do with who your account is with (SOE or PSS.1).
  12. Seffrid New Member

Exactly Dexella. American and EU players can access both US or EU servers freely, but while American players will do so for EQ Next through their SOE account, EU players will only be able to do so through a PSS1 account - which many players will be unwilling to do, hence as things currently stand they will not be buying/playing the game. The fact that they will be able to access Landmark through their long-standing SOE account is simply adding insult to injury. Even those willing to create a PSS1 account will have to play the two aspects of the game with different accounts held with different companies - sheer madness.
    • Up x 3
  13. fabulousRarity New Member

How do they want to prevent EU players using their SEO account to play Everquest Next? The only thing I can't think of is the IP and figure out the location through it. However, you can get around this issue using VPN services / Proxy Tools.

Living in Germany I'm not gonna create an PSS1 account to play EQ Next.
    • Up x 2
  14. Aragorn Active Member

Then why should we use a PSS.1 account what benefits will EU players have?

I don't want to be rude but I have quite clear what servers and accounts are and that exactly what I said - connecting TO a server WITH an account - the only aspect that is STILL unclear to me is if I will be able to play on EU servers with SoE account, if it is so the PSS.1 account is useless (perhaps my english is bad and I'm not able to correctly explain myself):

In the end IF there are NO IP RESTRICTIONS it is quite useless to create the PSS.1 account, mostly because, from what I get now, I'll be able to play ON EU servers WITH the SoE account! So I still do not understand why creating two forums, two accounts if in the end I will be able to play EQ Next Landmark only with a SoE account and the game with both SoE and PSS.1. I will just stick to SoE and forget about PSS.1.
  15. fabulousRarity New Member

That's the point, I think there will be IP restrictions. In other words you will be able to play on EU and NA servers with your SOE account but only if you're connected from a location that is not in Europe.
    If you're connected from Europe you will need to use the PSS1 account to access the game.

This doesn't make any sense to me, cause I can't see any reason to split regions up, especially if we can access all available servers regardless of what account we use.
  16. Seffrid New Member

Unlikely to be the case I'm afraid. If your SOE account is flagged as European then EQ Next will be disabled on it no matter how you try to log in. You will only be able to log in through the PSS1 launcher using a PPS1 account.

SOE really need to address this issue instead of hoping it will go away. The idea of having separate accounts and companies for EQ Landmark and EQ Next is patently absurd. It needs to be sorted sooner rather than later because more players are becoming disillusioned with the whole EQ Next project as they learn of this problem, and every day we get closer to the Landmark beta more people are finding out about it.

We all know that the PSS1 deal is dead in the water at least outside Germany for existing titles that have transitioned across to them, with absolutely no marketing outside that country and precious little customer support or localisation within it. Only three titles have transitioned across in two years (only one of which took existing players with it) and even if the others do eventually follow we're assured that their existing players will stay with SOE.

Why keep up the pretence any longer? The stated reason for the partnership was better localisation and customer support, and if they haven't materialised in two years - and no-one can claim that they have - then it isn't going to happen. It's high time SOE paid PSS1 off and gave a proper commitment to their loyal European customers, and they need to do it well before the real hype starts for EQ Landmark and Next. The only alternative is to write off the bulk of the European market for EQ Next, and I can't believe that Smed is willing to do that.
    • Up x 2
  17. Smoothlove Well-Known Member

so true...its like when I used to play Dragon Saga ,then the European version called Dragonica by another company..gpotato if I remember right... it was a real nightmare as my irl friends were on the EU version while I settled on the US-side with account and guild ..irritating to the point I just quit the game and moved on..why make things complicated when they could be simple?
    US -EU should be a channelswitch away like in guildwars 1

So we'll be able to play on US/EU servers no matter who our account is with?
  18. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

If you are located in the EU, you will need to have an account with PSS.1 to access EverQuest Next, but you will be able to play on any server. If you are in North America or other regions, you will use your SOE account, and you will be able to play on any server.

For reference: "Clearing up a few misconceptions about EQN in Europe and UK. All players including ones from Prosieben can play on all servers."If you are from the EU or UK, you will go through Prosieben but it will be playing on SOE servers."
    Yep. :)
    • Up x 1
  19. Tharanor New Member

Hi Dexella,

so we will start testing and/or playing EQ Next Landmark on our (long-standing) Station accounts.
    And when EQ Next itself goes Beta (and Live thereafter) we will play on newly created PSS1 accounts, right?
    And we will still be able to transfer our already developed EQNL characters to EQN as it was announced, yes?

So, you will have to establish some sort of link connecting one Station account to one PSS1 account and move existing characters from one company to the other. And when the transfer for whatever reason does not work as intended, we will have two responsible customer supports who will help us solve the problem ... :eek:

Please, don't take it amiss, but IMHO this doesn't sound like the easiest way to get (or keep) satisfied european customers. ;)

If I got it wrong, please let me know. I'd really like to understand the idea, but so far I stay confused, sorry.

Best regards,
    Tharanor.
    • Up x 1
  20. Aragorn Active Member

The server part was crystal clear from the beginning to me. Now I have all clear. Thanks a lot.
    I hope PSS.1 is not as bad as the plurality or perhaps the majority of people say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.