EQN Landmark Beta Signup Notification for EU Players

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurer New Member

*holds out a plate of fantisical animal cookies that bearly resemble edible goo* These are for developers for all the hard work they have put into EQN so far. In no way is this an attempt to *cough* bribe *cough* my way into the beta.
    • Up x 1
  2. KriexyEU New Member

Wohoo, I'm finally here :)!
  3. Disposalist Well-Known Member

Me too. This is extremely annoying. Maybe it will get sorted out - there's hopefully plenty of time - but it's very frustrating that SOE seem to know nothing and have no control over the EU process.

This is an extremely ill omen for the future of EU access to EQN. EU customers can look forward to confused support annoyingly split between across US and EU teams and one of those being Pro Seiben which is reportedly awful.

Please reconsider and handle Landmark and Next through my SOE account.
    • Up x 1
  4. Linkdead New Member

I simply refuse to use ProSieben .. That whole setup is a mess ..
    • Up x 1
  5. Timurkos New Member

Good afternoon. And what about Russia, you are there do not forget about us)? A huge army of fans are waiting speaking Russian eqnext not only in Russia but also in the countries of the former USSR :)
  6. Lolen New Member

As long as you don't flood the general chats with russian language ;) Unless it's on russian servers :)

Also - I refuse, as everyone else, to have ANYTHING at ALL to do with Pro7... I simply won't be playing EQN if we can't use our SOE accounts.
    • Up x 2
  7. Dexter New Member

Nope, still the same problem. I even tried a different browser.

I go to any of the European sites, click on "Beta Sign Up". Input my existing account info (login and password), it logs me in successfully, but then any page link on your site redirects me to http://everquest-next.co.uk/expired

Hope you get your own server. Russian players on European servers create way too much Cyrillic spam in chat (not to mention issues in groups).
    • Up x 1
  8. AeonAuron New Member

Hi,

While signing up to EQN Landmark beta from the link you posted i cant find my country (Turkey) in the listing. Does that mean i wont be able to play EQN Landmark? No problems with signing up to EQNext EU though.

Thanks in advance.
  9. Ashlanne New Member

This is an issue a few folks have reported. For some folks clearing your cache fixes it, for others it doesn't. Report back if it doesn't work, our Web Team is actively looking into this issue.
  10. AeonAuron New Member

Just cleaned now but didnt fixed for me. Tried in different browsers too, still cant find my country in the list.
  11. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

This is a bug our web team is working on. Don't worry; you'll still be able to register for Landmark Beta! :) It might just take some time for us to get these issues ironed out. Stay tuned for more updates.
  12. AeonAuron New Member

Thanks for the information.

I didnt want to wait any longer so i choose a random country which is close to mine while signing up. It would be cool if i have an option to change my country later, from account settings or somewhere. ( I dont know if there is such an option already, still searching the pages and trying to be familiar with SOE's system :) )
  13. Asphyx Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor.. that beta is coming out November 32! Is this true? I hope I get an invite! So Excited! :D
  14. Wezleyzbruce Member

What he will be concerned about is that Russia spans so many time zones that if you assume its in Europe the Siberians get lag and if you assume its Asian those west of Moscow get lag. And with parts of the middle east coming on line you need to think about a whole plethora of Stans and Iraqis and folks of all types from the UAE.

Russian language is not so bad. Most Russian gamers have adequate English. I play planet side 2 and they make sense.
    I play World of tanks with half of south-east Asia. They type hmong, Vietnamese, Lao and a dozen languages I need to look up and all I see in chat are rows of boxes because my font can't display their Lao script. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lao_alphabet I still find I can work with them. [They all think I'm a suicidal nutter. Actions translate well. ]
  15. Wezleyzbruce Member

Notch has changed gaming for ever. By going public so early in the pre alpha stage he set up a standard. Devs are a braver lot as a result.
    Regardless of how carefully they write code or vet us would be testers they will get complaints so why hold back? Landmark is really just voxel farm with a few fantasy themed biome systems, some mobs and an inventory. What could possibly go wrong? More importantly such a world is so large and complex that a dozen dev testers could never work though all the combinations of possible glitch triggers. They need us unpaid slaves...er...testers. lol.
  16. Eshaac New Member

Says I've already registered.

Eshaac
  17. Raz Active Member

If you registered on the NA beta sign up it automatically registers you for both EQN and EQNL
  18. Raz Active Member

For them to meet both goals of it being released this winter and for Smedley's comment that we will be playing Landmark this year. Open beta will have to start by Dec 21st 2013 and the actual release before March 20th 2014
  19. Yinla_lazywizzy New Member

Signed up for beta and got an email telling me I have only signed up for Landmark.

Why when I am a SOE customer is it asking me to sign up with another company? Doesn't SOE want my business anymore? I stopped playing EQ2 because they wanted me to go else where.
    • Up x 2
  20. Sharann New Member

Good news for EU players at least for Landmark :)

I registered for beta and got confirmation that I was registered for both Landmark and Next (without going through Pro7). Sooo... does that mean there is still hope?
    Since if EQNext sticks with PSS1 I won't play it, unless there's a workaround via VPN to play on US servers.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.