EQN Landmark Beta Signup Notification for EU Players

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Brucible New Member

Hmm, I'm afraid that if all we're going to get is a 'Community Manager' and well meaning users responding then there's not a lot we can do. It's simply a waiting game at this point.

Still, I have other games to play and stuff to do in the meantime.
  2. Kairis Nabi Member

3. Arterus Member

In fact this is a good point... Someone is listening so my chance to actually say something on behalf of all the people out there in the EU who feel like I do:

I signed up for an SOE account in 1999 and I played EQ1 like an addict! I played until the news of EQ2, where (like now) I eagerly awaited more information and the new game.

I STILL play EQ2 today. And I'm sure there are many thousands of EU players just like me.

I alighted to this in an earlier post but I will reiterate it here.

Signing up for a new account with Pro Seiben just feels plain 'wrong'. We have no 'veteran' benefit, no cohesive feeling that we are still part of SOE and it's games. Instead we are removed from the US servers and told to wait on beta invites.

Again I mentioned this earlier.. but will re-iterate it here.

What does our loyalty buy us for EQNext? Or even Landmark? You can't tell me that SOE isn't going to give their highest consideration to those who have the longest standing accounts.. It would be wrong not to surely? I don't think there's anyone out there signing up as a 'new' player who has never played an SOE game, who would even consider that he 'should' get into beta above and beyond someone who has given their patronage for more than 15 years!

And now, here we are struggling to even understand if we are even going to be considered? Or indeed if we are signed up at all!

I have a massive amount of respect for you SOE as a company, and I LOVE your games... But this US/EU split is causing so much tension and unwarranted confusion. No one knows if they are coming or going, and no one knows (at least in the EU) if they are signed up or not.

I appreciate your message Dex, really I do... But I hope you can understand how left out we feel.

I hope, beyond all hope... That this is all unnecessary worry... But I doubt it.

Thanks for listening,

Kutter
    • Up x 1
  4. Fnix New Member

I'm excited to hear this! Big cheers! :)
  5. Xurtan Well-Known Member

This makes me hope we'll actually start seeing some beta information come out. :p Wonder if it will be a part of DG's announcement sometime this month he mentioned on Twitter.
  6. Seffrid New Member

Whilst Europeans can sign up for Landmark through SOE, the confirmation email makes it clear that they can only sign up for EQNext itself through ProSiebenSat.1.

That simply isn't going to happen. Come on SOE, you've nearly got it right, now you just need to allow we Europeans to access the full game through you and you'll double your take-up. Landmark will be a failure in Europe if people find they still won't be able to play the full game without signing up to a company they're simply not prepared to do business with.
    • Up x 6
  7. Akumu Member

Beta Start Date?
  8. Pariel New Member

I'd love to get excited, be supporting and join in the fun, but until someone at SOE answers this simple question you are making it impossible for me to do so.

Can an existing SOE account holder who lives in the EU play EQN with their SOE account?

I've asked it on here, on the EQ2 boards, on Twitter, Facebook and even sent Smed an email and it goes ignored every single time.

If I can't, then I will not be playing EQN. I refuse to pass ANY information to PSS1 with their reputation and I dont see why I should be penalised for living in the EU. I want my SC to carry across my games, not have some stupid currency from a company staffed by 16 year old volunteers.

I think we can all guess what the answer will be... and we know why its not being spoken about - because of the thousands of people that will abandon EQN before it even launches.

I do, however, live in hope.
    • Up x 2
  9. Domnonos New Member

Living in hope is all we can do atm, and this could be a sign that we (EU peeps) might be able to use SOE come release, but I wouldnt count on it... :/
    • Up x 1
  10. maximusif New Member

So when we gona start gettin our keys??????????????????????????
  11. Xurtan Well-Known Member

DG tweeted a day or so ago that Landmark was currently pre-Alpha, so I suspect it's going to be a little while still. *grin* Patience, young grasshopper! They'll start doing waves when they get the technology and the game to a level that we -can- test it. There's no telling what sort of state it's in, being pre-Alpha.
  12. Wezleyzbruce Member

I checked both appropriate links and got the 'already signed up' pop-up as expected. It worked; no dead links.
    I'm in Australia; often we get lumped in the North America or Europe depending on how much people know about server distribution, time zones and optic fibre links. Make sure that Australia and Asia are not an after thought please.

PS: Good livestream. Creating a glitch free livestream seems to have become mankind's greatest challenge!
  13. Wezleyzbruce Member

So many people lined up to bang their heads against a plethora of Alpha glitches. Seems that while I'm probably insane I'm not alone.
  14. Wezleyzbruce Member

If anyone asks the second z in Wezleyzbruce is an official typo. lol. Just noticed it.
  15. Akumu Member

Since it's software development, I wonder if they're using the Agile iteration method or a gated Waterfall method. I would guess the former, or perhaps a combination of the two.

However, that being said, with Agile I am to understand that it's more than likely 'stories' will pass beyond Dev Testing/Alpha testing stage to Beta, while other stories are being tested in Alpha. So not all stories are tested at the same time.

However, since they've got to deal with the 'GATE' of releasing things to the Beta-Testing Public which is also contingent on those testers approval of a NDA, If they're doing Agile, I suppose there's likely a lot of stories ready for testing in Beta that they haven't yet released because they need to have the game in a full enough state that's presentable/working for the Beta-Testing crowd.

So if they're running AGILE, then a pre-Alpha testing stage describes with much less accuracy the amount of the game is 'actually' ready for Alpha and Beta-Testing. If they're running Waterfall, it's more possible that there's a bottleneck of what % of the game has actually been tested/completed in pre-Alpha.

Basically with Waterfall, and stating the game is in 'pre-Alpha' (as DG did state), it very easily means that a very high percentage of the game is not even ready for Alpha phase-1 testing(in-house dev testing).

Considering this, and how long testing typically takes for games, and the amount of testing that would need to be done in Alpha prior to Beta, I'd say since we're not in Alpha now, I'd give it about 2 months(which is quite generous) for Alpha to be completed(if we started the Alpha testing stage today), meaning I don't see Beta starting earlier than Jan 1st 2014 (accounting for x-mas holidays).

Beta to take at least 2 months(again being generous). Which puts the earliest release date for Landmark in March 2014.

THAT IS PROVIDED that there aren't a substantial amount of bugs which would extend the date. Being realistic about time of bug squashing(going back to dev to fix the bugs, resubmit for Alpha and then Beta testing), add another month minimum to this and I see the realistic release date of EQN Landmark to be sometime May/June 2014.
  16. Spectre New Member

Very excited! I played eq1 1999-2004, eq2 2004-present, and ready to continue =)
  17. Torpian Member

I've never been accepted into a beta before and I've signed up for heaps. I hope I'm lucky enough to get into this one.
  18. Slambit New Member

I signed up for landmark on launch of site with my SoE account in hope that this would be allowed for europeans.

I have not and will not sign up for EQNext til i can do so with my SoE account.
    • Up x 2
  19. SolsticetheBlue Member

I wonder how the selection process is - randomness, diversity of players, etc. I signed up and waiting impatiently. o_O Pick me, pick me!
    • Up x 1
  20. Aandre the Giant Member

My guild Tyrs Paladium would like to start getting busy on this. We've got a lot in the pipeline...

Alpha and beta tested DDO, Neverwinter... and looking forward to this one immensely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.