Stock Up on Daybreak Cash!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Communications Manager

We’re wrapping up Thanksgiving celebrations here at Daybreak, and one of the things we’re thankful for this year is you! To celebrate, we’re offering 25% off when you buy 1,000 ($10.00 US) DBC or more on Black Friday!

From 12:01AM through 11:59PM PST on Friday, November 27th, when you go to purchase 1,000 DBC to 10,000 DBC from our website, you will get 25% off your purchase! It takes three simple steps:

Step 1: Log in to the website at www.daybreakgames.com/daybreakcash
    Step 2: Pick a denomination from 1,000DBC to 10,000 DBC
    Step 3: Save 25% on your purchase, and get ready for the holiday season!

Once your Daybreak Account wallet is nice and full, make sure you check back throughout the holiday season for other great sales and promotions!

Please note: the discount does not apply to 500 DBC ($5.00) purchases, nor does it apply to game cards. Daybreak Cash is usable across all Daybreak PC titles. Daybreak Cash cannot be used on the PSN.
    Rhaina likes this.
  2. Zorkon Trailblazer

wow... just wow!
    o_O
  3. MyNegation Member

How about a different deal?

You will update us on the development process with new EQNext info, footage and open beta dates and then we will purchase the DBC?

;)
    Astrée, Ghofmann, Helie and 2 others like this.
  4. TheSlegi Founder

How about some content updates ?
    Gamebreak games stuck with no updates/fixes or new things for so long...

Why should i buy cash into games that didnt change much for more than two years, all what was promised never delivered and if it was barely half of it...
  5. Vanderbilt Trailblazer

Must think there's EQ/Planetside/H1Z1(is that still a thing??) players lost in the Landmark forums needing that information of where to spend their cash.

Because cash spent in Landmark is cash flushed down a golden toilet given all the changes.

I wonder how much cash they raked in selling mats they now provide in unlimited amounts.

Plus(?) side, no more changes!
    Ghofmann likes this.
  6. Driloth Trailblazer

Just wanted to reply to the flushed down the golden toilet part - I'm not sure if you are saying that its a waste in general or if you believe or are under the impression that you wont get the value / item back. It has been stated that during the event of a wipe (Alpha to Beta, or Beta to Launch or however that goes) any DBC (Daybreak Cash) or items purchased through the store will be carried over into the next phase / launch or the item materials purchased if removed or modded will be granted back in a form of equal value.

Source: https://www.everquestnext.com/eqn-faq

I purchased an item that has been changed or removed from the game. What happens now?
    It will depend on why the item has been removed from the Marketplace. In most cases, you will keep the item or receive an updated version of the item. Or, you may receive a replacement item of equal or greater value to the item you previously purchased.

I just wanted to clarify that part as I was unsure of exactly what you meant with the 'Golden Toilet'.
  7. Vanderbilt Trailblazer

Golden was in reference to a Landmark of Landmark, before it'd become a Landmark, on one of my first servers.

No, I assume cash I've spent is forever gone. I.e. it's in the toilet. But that's me. I'm a glass is half empty kind of guy.
  8. Inskius Jedburgh Trailblazer

This whole thread made me laugh. Thank you.
    Ghofmann and Atmospherik like this.
  9. Dragonsire Founder

Because they would really like it if you did. You shouldn't. But they would like it.
  10. Zorkon Trailblazer

And because "one of the things we’re thankful for this year is you! "
  11. Ghofmann Founder

Respectfully, this solicitation is quite audacious and untimely. We all hope that Landmark is gonna be a great game, but buying in game credits at this point is a huge gamble. The game in its current state is clearly not finished and there's no road map or any indication of future development. I laughed, but it's quite sad.
  12. Inskius Jedburgh Trailblazer

Well, despite the fact that even solid Landmark users are starting to voice up about feeling like they have been left in the lurch, this particular solicitation for money is a Daybreak wide announcement made in the holiday season tradition. The same post was made for Everquest, and all the other venues at the same time, many of which are still quite active and well attended to by Daybreak staff. It wasn't like they said, "hey let's remind those Landmark users we have completely forgotten, to spend more money on the game, LOL!!!"

No indeed.

What cracks me up is how totally crass it comes off, particularly to those of us who invested in Landmark, and especially since it seems aimed at Landmarkians being in our forums and all that. But I can see it was not aimed at us specifically, just a system wide message, made even funnier by the outrage it inspires in those of us totally cut off from communication with Daybreak. It only seems ludicrous, but it is really just business as usual.

For now we Landmark users (or are we thought of as beta testers rather than customers?) are on hold. I don't think they expected us to keep paying for that privilege. But this announcement and the outrage it inspired still makes me chuckle.
    Ghofmann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.