Build Mode, The Mega Palette, Camera & Time Controls

Discussion in 'Update Notes and Developer Discussion' started by Fiend, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littleman Trailblazer

This... actually got me excited enough to consider trying Landmark out again.

I think I'll wait just a little longer though. I still insist this game should be offline capable and with infinite empty space to fill as we please, but I guess EQN takes precedence over turning Landmark into a game maker tool.

Hopefully next year we'll see dungeon tools, new weapons, armors, and even revamped character creation?
    mmel1313 likes this.
  2. Miria Trailblazer

Wow this stuff looks great. Hope to be in Landmark again soon to try it out.
  3. Bakuryu Active Member

How will claim flight work with this new update?
  4. Vaulken Founder

5. Shardiis Trailblazer

I can see that the claim boundary and the build mode toggle could be a problem...and yes, much swearing when we accidently/on-purpose step off the claim.

How about making the build mode an option as soon as you step into the red zone of your claim(s) area?

Also, the ability to fly in your claims' red zone would be nice for those of us who build right up to the boundary.
    mmel1313 and Herk Hammerstone like this.
  6. Lady Griffin Trailblazer

Holy Guacamole!
    So much yay'ness incoming.
    Particularly appreciate the Time setting, moving shadows and lighting tended to throw off any ounce of concentration I had going. lol
    The floating camera also, so epic! Really happy to see some major advancements, imo, for building in Landmark. Keep up the amazing work Fiend.
    Darvaleo likes this.
  7. Darvaleo Trailblazer

Rumor is that Fiend works for beer and in a recent DGC post to the community concerning their office move and other things, they converted the original server they used many, many years ago to a "kegerator", so perhaps we need to take up a collection and have lots of free beer delivered to their new offices on a regular basis. :D
  8. Lady Griffin Trailblazer

As I can't stand beer, he can have any I happen to acquire (by some strange disappearing beer truck... I did not dig that sinkhole... "incident"), if it'll speed up the processes. :D
    Darvaleo likes this.
  9. Aerial Active Member

is voxel editor/reactor planned to be somewhere in here eventually? Pleeeaaaase it is absolutely vital to a game that is so emphasized on building.
    Ansalen likes this.
  10. Graysilk Trailblazer

Fantastic.
    I am late getting into the notes. I knew this was coming from chat and video.
    But....this is great.
    I'm extremely glad the building/adventuring phases have been separated.
    And that the time is controlled by us now.
    And the movable hot bars.
    And the overall look of the entire ui
    I guess I'm just happy with all of it. Looking forward for it to go live.
    Nice work guys.
  11. Yarnila Trailblazer

I have a question to the linking and triggering.

Q: Is it possible when we use the area tool to link up with a prop to interact in some way, that we can Multi select the props we want to interact with ?

example: I place down 25 gravestones and want a certain area tool to interact with all 25 and a second area to interact with only 11 its a pain in the butt having to link and Trigger each prop seperately.

This way i could select all props i wanr to use for same interaction i.e. the when Player enters (open door, Play effect, etc) and so on. This would save us ALL a lot of time and frustraction.
  12. Arita Trailblazer

YES! This is one of those things I find really annoying, especially with props!

I'm excited to see that we should have the count for materials on hand back in the materials part of the palette though.

As for the fly-through - I love it, but do think claim owners should be able to limit how players travel around the claims. For some it may ruin the magic a bit if everyone can peek behind the curtain, so to speak.
  13. Droopy Founder

I imagine that fly-through will be bundled with the "builder" permission tag. So visitors won't have that ability unless you specifically give it to them.
    Arita likes this.
  14. Arita Trailblazer

You'd think so, but it never hurts to be specific, as it's far better than having something implemented that doesn't work well for many players.
    Darvaleo likes this.
  15. mmel1313 Trailblazer

right now im feeling a bit sorry for those who abandoned Landmark as a dead game. i hoped that was not so and now that we are seeing some of the progress we have all been quietly hoping for, i feel it has been worth being patient. good one dev's, we love when let us know we are still on the to do list at Daybreak.
    Yarnila likes this.
  16. Yarnila Trailblazer

Yes Patiences isnt a Name
  17. Fredelas Well-Known Member

Hi Fiend,

It's been 48 days since your announcement, and there are 45 days left in the year. Since we're about at the halfway point, I'm curious to know if these plans are still on-track. (Especially camera modes and claim time controls.)
    Graysilk likes this.
  18. Graysilk Trailblazer

Excellent question. We know that none of the goodies are set in stone, but it would be nice to know which one are still on track.
  19. Sabea Trailblazer

As I still keep trying to free my camera and cam around Second Life style, that new free camera option got a triple thumbs up from me, I just hope that we get few bugs and no serious ones after the change.
  20. Zorkon Trailblazer

Well he made it clear this was tentative, but the end of the year is quickly approaching. I wonder if were going to see any of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.