Server Downtime Notice: Wednesday, December 17 - 1PM PST

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Amnerys Well-Known Member

There will be a server downtime on Wednesday, December 17 at 1:00PM PST*. This update will add MANY new exciting features to the game. We estimate the downtime to be at least 24 hours. Watch this thread and our social media channels for updated information as available.

*Convert to local time.

When available, we'll share the update notes.

Watch https://twitch.tv/landmarkgame on Thursday at 10:00 AM PST for our special update edition of Landmark Live!
    Cascaden, Never, Smellfeit and 2 others like this.
  2. Smallcorners Founder

*twitches* I can do this... it's only 24 hours...
  3. Amnerys Well-Known Member

Ish... no guarantee on that 24 hours. ;) Remember Dave said maaaaaaaaaaaybe up to 48 hours. Or more. But hopefully not. :)
    Venilea and Idrona like this.
  4. Mishia of Lanys T'Vyl Founder

Please don't make me go back to Minecraft :). 24hrs I think I can handle it with Photoshop, STO and TF2 but we will see..... LM COME BACK.!.!.!.
    Sandorana, Kalanasse and twistedsoul like this.
  5. Idrona Trailblazer

Twitter will probably have to deal with our Landmark withdrawal (right Decalin? ;)
    SleekHare likes this.
  6. Lord_Shaleph Trailblazer

I remember saying almost those exact words last January. This is almost as big a launch as the Alpha! Yay monsters (those that don't hide in 1 cave...)! (I won't 'Yay' all the rest of the update individually, but Yay everything!!)

And now that the LL is at 10 am, I am almost tempted to take the afternoon off to watch (live in Eastern time)... Or I hope that they post the replay really quick for when I get home!
  7. Darkk Trailblazer

I can see the tweets starting on Thursday... Ok the servers will come up roughly in three hours...three hours later...we need just a little more time...rinse and repeat and hope for the weekend LOL!!! I can't wait for this one guys!!!
    Venilea and MrCox like this.
  8. Elrondin Founder

EQ2 will help stave off some of the withdrawal symptoms.
    SleekHare likes this.
  9. Hawkk Trailblazer

Gee maybe we should have a poll to see who guesses how long the update will have the servers down for? I just hope that the tech guys have lots of snacks and caffeine on hand and a soft place to nap at. Good luck and lets hope Santa gives you only a few bugs or issues to solve on this update. Good job so far on keeping us informed as to what is going on.
    Ozor and Kalanasse like this.
  10. Feral Wolf Trailblazer

Ok, 1pm PST Weds.... I say we go down about 1:45 pm PST, then back up on Thurs, at 11:30 am, WOOT, early!!! then down at 12:30ish pm til about 5 pm PST.
  11. GreenPrince Founder

Will claim rental be postponed the length of time the servers are down?
  12. Feral Wolf Trailblazer

I would assume NO, if its paid your safe either way, too many of us over time have lost claims during updates
  13. Tarmuar_TT Trailblazer

According to a tweet by Dave:

It was from last week but I would assume it is still valid. Top em off to be sure, of course, but there is hope.
  14. Pumarah Trailblazer

Mmmmm what to do during the 24+ hours, the brows furrow in thought on how to pass the time, and then my eyes wander over the MS Word symbol and the notion strikes, 'We've had nearly a year of exploring in here now, (At least those who started with Alpha) delving and discovering, why not put our self in our avatar's shoes and do a creative short story to be posted here when the servers come back up for us to compare and see who can get the readers the most excited about Landmark and want to really dig in and go for it?

Me, I'm going to try, and remember it has to be done by time the servers eventually come up. Probably post it over in the general area of the forums. Anyone else care to let their creative writing juices flow?
  15. Sawlstone Trailblazer

Well all I can say is please don't push it out early. Makes no sense to rush things now. It would be a bigger kick in the ....if it was pushed to be out Thursday then they pulled it down on Friday. Most would rather it be ready and steady for the weekend. Just my thoughts though. Take your time SOE.
  16. Weldo von Steel Founder

Very sad, I was planning on the update being earlier in the week and have booked my Xmas holiday from work to start on Thursday because I was hoping to spend a few days on my Ogre build, and as I am in the UK even in the downtime is only 24hrs it will still wipe out all of my playing time on Thursday :(
    Having said that I'm really looking forward to the update so I guess I can get by for a couple of days... and I have Elite to play to anyway... (fingers crossed for only 24hrs)
  17. Eganome Member

Long update. that will give me time to write my first tutorial for landmark. And I will have much time to get it right. :D
  18. Rindali Trailblazer

Back to Auraxis with me... close to completing my darn carbine directive.
  19. Astrée Trailblazer

No downtime update ? Still ready in less than 4 hours for launch ?

[IMG]
  20. Yarnila Trailblazer

Lets all hope that this doenst happen: