Zoning issues

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Torquem, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Torquem Active Member

Hi

The past few days I've been victim of zoning issues. Almost 60-70% of my zoning attempts end in character selection screen.

It wouldn't be to irritating if we had not the message saying I have already have a character in the world and preventing me to zone in at once....

Many players on Thurgadin servers have the same problem. Any idea to solve it ?
  2. Wizgian Member

I've been having these problems on Thurgadin for weeks too, but I've finally resolved it.

I recently moved over to Virgin Media from Sky Broadband to take advantage of the massive download speeds of fibre to the property. This seemed to be when my problems started. I noticed when running the Task Manager and then the Performance Monitor, that my wi-fi was peaking a lot when zoning and using the in-game network monitor, I could see I was getting a lot of packet loss.

I've now resolved the issue by installing a network cable from my PC directly to the router, therefore bypassing the wi-fi altogether. So far, since I did this yesterday, I've not had a single crash to Character Select and my zoning times in general are a lot quicker.

If you're using wi-fi but it's possible to connect a cable directly to your router, do it.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Torquem Active Member

Thanks

It could have been a good idea, nevertheless my router uses an ethernet cable.
  4. Andreia Member

Posting here again since i didnt get any answer for last message.
    Same issue as Torquem and many others... Could someone at least try to investigate the issue or should we just quit game?
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Does the game hang up while you're zoning, or is it almost an immediate kick to character select?

When this happens, how long have you been logged into the game - on average - or does it vary?
  6. Torquem Active Member

I'm a french customer of Orange ISP. Disabling wifi on my box seems to have solved the zoning issue.
  7. Andreia Member

Almost immediate and i have to wait 1-2min.
  8. Torquem Active Member

Zoning issue is back for me :/

I guess my box wifi is not the responsible so. Yesterday I was just lucky.........
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's not just thurg, been having the same issues myself. rebooted, validated and tried all the usual, i get hung up constantly... half our raid had it happen to them as well one night when we revived.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

Open your task manager before you log in, when the crash happens check to see how much memory EQ2 is using up. That sounds similar to the crashes caused by the memory leak (though that generally went straight to desktop) - which in itself seems to be an intermittent issue for the people that have it.

It never hurts to figure out what it isn't, to help narrow down what it is.
  11. Andreia Member

People with my ISP (Orange) seem to have a lot of issues with different games. Their support asks for a server IP to try to investigate the issue. How i can find it please?